Grimr

1. Tell us the story of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you've ever done: OK, this is definitely the Dumbest and Most Embarrassing thing that I’ve ever done. And it’s funny in a dark sort of way; at least I can laugh about it now. So here goes: About a year ago, the end of November, we had been having a problem with the door in our bedroom. My Wife and I had not been closing the door all the way because of it. But for whatever reason my wife was to bed last and she closed it shut. My wife is a Teacher, and at 4am she received a phone call from work saying there was a late start. So she needed her phone tree, to call the people down the line, but it was downstairs. So she gets up and goes to the door and it doesn’t open, we are effectively locked into our own bedroom. Dum dum dum… So, being the loving husband I am at 4 am, I get up and start looking for tools that might possibly get the door open. I find a screwdriver and a nail-clipper. So I take the handle off the door and basically the other side had fallen off and pulled the pin so far that there was no way to get it back without a magnet. It’s 4am and I just woke up remember, so I’m not firing on all cylinders yet… So I decide to use the screwdriver to turn the locking mechanism. I was putting so much pressure/torque on the screwdriver that when it popped out of the hole it bounced straight into my right eye… After an emergency surgery, and another surgery of few days later to literally wash out the bits of the lens. I have successfully pulled of the Pirate look for a year. I made myself a Proper Eye-Patch, and I already had a Proper Beard at the time of the accident. There is light at the end of the tunnel though, I just had a Vitrectomy and Lens Replacement Surgery this last Saturday. And we are hopeful that the Eye-Patch will be an Optional Accessory and not a Necessity.

HOMEBREWING (Mead Mostly), Table-top gaming, SCA, Computer Gaming, Leatherworking, Woodworking, Blacksmithing.
Birthday
Jun 5, 1983 (Age: 40)
Occupation
SuperDad, Student

Signature

Grimr

Following

Followers

Top Bottom