View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Zilveari - Neverwinter. Maybe WoW/STO/FFXIV (3/0)

App: Zilveari - Neverwinter. Maybe WoW/STO/FFXIV (3/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter. Maybe WoW/STO/FFXIV

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Zilveari

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    N/A

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Gonna dig back deep to 2000 when I went to my brother's frat house for a Saturday party. My first time going to a party that wasn't a "my parents are home, COOL HIGH SCHOOL PARTY YA'LL".

All pledges, and relatives of members were supposed to do an initiation that consisted of drinking a full (warm) bottle of Night Train wine... Yeah. Well I finished that, and don't remember much after about 12 cans of Keystone Ice. But apparently I joined a poker game that consisted of Amaretto shots.

I've always been fairly reserved and have some social issues, but not that night. I guess idiotic amounts of alcohol turn me into a Nelly music video because I was socializing and dancing my ass off ( I have a strong dislike of dancing).

But the important part of the party was when I started puking my ass off. My brother's girlfriend was taking care of me in the stall and apparently (according to her, my brother, and 3 or 4 other people_ I started screaming and freaking out because I was puking up blood. It wasn't. It was the massive amount of Night Train and Amaretto that I had been drinking.

Everyone else there got a massive kick out of it though.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest is probably my current job. I'm basically a systems admin now, doing vulnerability assessment for a global pool of around 10000 users, which is growing. And they are about to put me in charge of another subset of users as well. As well as assisting in the management of our MDM/EMM systems.

The worst was working at The Finish Line. Not a single redeeming factor, and
    also spending all day looking at sweet sneaks that I could in no way afford.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Star Ocean: The Second Story, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger. There isn't really a
    very good why... I'm not usually the type of person to break down 500 things about every single topic to explain why I love, hate, or am ambivalent toward it.
    Hell sometimes I can't even begin to explain why I like something.

I love these three games. Have since they first came out. They are just awesome.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Dude at an anime convention that I staff. Everything about him just gets on everyone's nerves. He also constantly runs his mouth about things he knows nothing about, which is far worse than the type who runs their mouth constantly but usually on topics they know about.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Well it's not video gaming, but tabletop gaming. I got 13th out of around 150 at the Chicago regional for Weiss Schwarz, and was probably a single RNG from being in the top cut. All this a few months after I started playing seriously.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    In the age of social distancing I think this could be a healthy way to have a social life outside of Facebook for my regular circle of friends. And the sheer number of games means this community could continue to be in my life long after 'Rona.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Are you all-inclusive, even with people who have disorders that can get on other people's nerves? For example autism, ADHD, anxiety, tourette's, etc?

Anyone play Weiss Schwarz? (anime TCG)

Do you take your pants off the second you walk in the door? Or do you play with the cat/dog/significant other/etc first?

Starbucks, Black Rifle, Dunkin, or McCafe?

Favorite anime? (Or if you don't partake, your favorite TV Show or movie)

Favorite waifu/husbando? (Doesn't just pertain to weeb stuff. Could be Jadzia Dax, or Michonne, or Khal Drogo)

Dude?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Pants. Because I was actually teleported into this otherworldly cave from my recliner where I was watching Cautious Hero, and I don't game or watch TV while wearing pants... Maybe a useless goddess would be better?

So yeah I have quit WoW and STO about a dozen times each, and always wind up coming back for more... I also like beer and white russians. Watch way too much anime, play a lot of video games, play a lot of Weiss Schwarz, and love to eat and sleep.

Welcome to the app process! I'll take a stab at your first question about being inclusive about people's disorders. We have all kinds people in the community from all different areas of life. I would say we are very inclusive but in general we're not inclusive of dicks and drama magnets. Quirks are fine, we are all adults here and as adults we are all expected to be respectful of each other.

How are you handling this social distancing stuff? It's totally weird for me, we have not been through anything like this in our lifetimes. I'm doing ok with it but it's driving my wife and older kid a bit batty.

I've been practicing social distancing for 30 years. Only issue for me is not being able to play Weiss until this is over.

Looks a neat app, shame i dont get much of it! MY bad probably but havent even heard of those games and I'm not in to anime. I do love fantasy books, films and series,; at a pinch i also like some sci fi.

I dont know if you have looked at any of the other accepted or rejected applications - worth 5 mins if you ask me - but the basic premise is this - we play some games together with your provisional membership and at the same time decide if we like you and you can decide if you like us. Also hang around in this thread and strike up some conversations/connections. Over the course of a couple of week or so, big wigs like me and Tallon get to vote - 4 yes votes will see you drawn ineluctably in to our net, forever, while 3 no votes will spell the end of the relationship. Stay active - most refused applications are from applicants driftign off and being inactive.

Good luck with your app!

So as I know nothing, explain the premise of Weiss Scharwz.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Oh, so I should ask for an invite in-game?

And Weiss is an anime TCG. Instead of expansions there are new sets released each month, each for a single anime series. Or sometimes they branch out, there is a Star Wars set in the JP version and soon there will be an Adventure Time set in the EN version. I haven't played other TCGs much, but people tell me this is similar to many of them.

I also get into fantasy from time to time depending on my mood. I read the Drizz't series obsessively for many years, and always jump right into any anime, and many movies, that are high fantasy. Though I will usually swing for sci-fi first, high fantasy second.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilveari View Post
    Oh, so I should ask for an invite in-game?
    Yes, whichever game you are playing, assuming there is a Uey branch, one of the in game officers or branch leader should be able to get you a provisional guild invite.

If its Neverwinter i think there is an in game channel? One of the Neverwinter folk should be along to let you know how to do that, or have a look at any of the other Neverwinter applicant's threads.

EDIT here is the info; If you want to join us in Neverwinter while your app is pending, you can join our custom in game chat channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant znd request a guild invite. You join the channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chatbox.
    Last edited by arkle; 03-23-2020 at 07:50 AM.

I'll check it out after work.

Anyone know if RomPlas JHDC is still a valid build in STO? Or is it like way too out of date?

So I probably won't be playing Neverwinter as much for the next few weeks because I bought Persona 5 Royal, and will be playing that till I get my copy of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Then depending on how obsessive I am with that I will be playing it till Trials of Mana or Sakura Wars at the end of the month. Then after that Sword Art Online Alicization: Lycoris comes out...

I guess I have plenty of stuff to keep my busy through this isolation period. Still active here though. And still play to play some Neverwinter, and probably getting back into STO a little bit.