View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: App: VoodooMike - STO (all I'm actively playing for now) (0/0)

App: VoodooMike - STO (all I'm actively playing for now) (0/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    STO (all I'm actively playing for now)

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    @VodoooMike (yes, spelled like that.. one typo and you're stuck forever)

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    I sure don't

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I'm pretty sure becoming an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done. Adulthood is high-octane bullshit. I guess I also punched the wall when I was really angry only to discover it was concrete blocks with a 1mm thick layer of plaster over it.

You haven't lived until you've seen multiple medical professionals look at your x-ray and make horrified faces in that little booth between taking the pictures.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I work for the coolest, smartest, most handsome boss in the world (you know who I'm talking about). I ran an internet chat system for about a decade which was probably one of the coolest "jobs" (I put it in quotes because it took like ... four hours a month to accomplish) I've done.

Worst job was probably scooping ice cream when I was 19. Both my buddy and I managed to sprain our wrists scooping the most popular flavour (hazelnut. . . with whole hazelnuts in it) all damned summer long. You know who has sympathy for icecream-related injuries? Nobody. You can't tell women you hurt yourself on icecream. At best you'll be getting pity sex... but probably not that... and it's not like you've got your hazelnut-ravaged hand at that point, right?

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    City of Heroes.. because it was the best MMO ever owing to the fact that it didn't spend its time trying to balance anything - it was just about letting players have fun with their pals setting people on fire and such.

Planescape:Torment .. probably the best RPG game ever made. Great characters, great dialogue, multiple solutions to every problem, the ability to use your own severed leg as a weapon. It had it all.

ACS (Adventure Construction Set).. once upon a time EA made interesting and fun games. I actually had to buy a second copy of this game because the floppy disk wore out. Yeah, floppy disk... you got to make your own RPG games, or could let it create one randomly for you. Randomly created RPG games are impressively bad.. and also hilarious.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Hell, I can't narrow that one down. Anyone who takes themselves seriously and who takes disingenuous offense over... whatever random topic they've decided is sacrosanct today. Anyone who imagines themselves to be an "activist" for some random cause they're doing nothing about but acting ass-hurt that you're not on board with it.

Also, I have a cousin who has a homeopathic business. When he and his wife were trying to get pregnant I suggested they try diluting his semen with copious amounts of water to improve their chances. They didn't think that was funny but it clearly was comedy gold.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I have three university degrees in completely unrelated subjects. I don't mention any of them on CVs/resumes on the super-rare occasion I bother to make one, and I never bring any of them up in job interviews (though I'll admit to one of them if they ask. .. whatever I think is least relevant). I've never worked a job where having a degree made a shred of difference except for occasional trivia. I have no interest in working for anyone who thinks they're of key importance.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    90% of gaming guilds claim to be casual and laid back, but 99% of those are ridiculous dictatorships run by people who forget they're in a video game not the bloody military (I mean, maybe they're in the military too, but I'm not, and I don't have to salute some internet rando because he's higher ranked in the land of red-trolley make-believe).

I want to chill out, play some games, maybe hang out with people who aren't looking for an excuse to be judgmental and offended. I mean, they can BE judgmental and get offended all they want, but lets pretend we're adults and can handle having different opinions, mindsets, and senses of humour and not make such a fucking issue about it. If humans were that uptight naturally we'd have never made it out of the caves without bashing each other's heads in with rocks.

The intro text for Unrepentant suggested this might be a good fit for that.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Can you figure out the super-secret message that is in this application? (Hint: it has to do with the placement and number of periods.. but not in this part).

If not, you're buying.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    It's a tub of vaseline because he's creepy and possessed of unfathomable self-esteem. I won't be accepting any sort of sword from you today, old man.

Firstly apologies it has taken this long for any of us to come back to you...we are that casual! Seriously we aren't casual about our membership and ensuring we get drama free gaming pals as a result - it just seems all the other folk are away..? Once accepted though, we are that casual, no attendance requirements etc etc play when you want and whatever we have a group doing, or suggest something new.

Odd.

No, didnt notice any code, is it morse perhaps? I just thought your ellipsis were random.

Ice cream...yum. Do you like traditional flavours or something more avant garde? I have to say I am a convert to salted caramel.

If you are still around and interested, reply to this post and I can tell you how the process should work.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    Firstly apologies it has taken this long for any of us to come back to you...we are that casual! Seriously we aren't casual about our membership and ensuring we get drama free gaming pals as a result - it just seems all the other folk are away..? Once accepted though, we are that casual, no attendance requirements etc etc play when you want and whatever we have a group doing, or suggest something new.
    No worries. I practice a philosophy of unconditionally positive self-regard which is made easier by contextualizing all things in terms of self-awesomeness. Thus, I simply assumed people had been rendered speechless by how cool I am. When I say things like that people often (vigorously) dispute the idea, but I then contextualize that as them being sour-grapes envious of that coolness. It's like a circular, self-referential shield against cognitive dissonance! I'm pretty sure the current president of the USA practices the same martial art.

No, didnt notice any code, is it morse perhaps? I just thought your ellipsis were random.
    It was, indeed, random... so I suppose the secret message was "don't spend too much time on anything with a buzzfeed-style description". Another fun one is to point out that if you exhale all the way and hold your breath you can still puff up your cheeks an unlimited number of times without inhaling. How does that work? Then you can sit back and enjoy the mental image of people sitting at their computers, oxygen-starved, puffing up their cheeks trying to solve the mysterious of puffer gas. Works especially well in chat rooms.

Ice cream...yum. Do you like traditional flavours or something more avant garde? I have to say I am a convert to salted caramel.
    Since we were allowed to scoop ourselves ice cream during our breaks, I so over-ate the stuff during my time at that job that I didn't eat ice cream again for maybe 3 years. Before that happened, though, I took a boring-sounding liking to Vanilla which, it turned out, was the most expensive flavour to make. Actual vanilla (as opposed to the fake stuff that most people use) is pretty expensive, but the taste was phenomenal. Nowadays its Pralines 'n Cream from Baskin' Robins or Strawberry Hagen Daas.

If you are still around and interested, reply to this post and I can tell you how the process should work.
    I'm certainly game.