View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Amarak - Ark, Conan Exiles, The Forest, other stuffs (0/0)

App: Amarak - Ark, Conan Exiles, The Forest, other stuffs (0/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Ark, Conan Exiles, The Forest, other stuffs

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Amarak

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Yes, you guys! You just don't know we're related yet. Oh and my wife Talwicca is also applying

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I can't think of much...my wife keeps in out of trouble for the most part! Before we met, I did drink and drive a few times, which is why I no longer have a license. That covers dumbest and most embarrassing at the same time!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest job I ever had was working on a pirate radio ship in 1988. Here's a little blurb on wikipefia about it
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_..._International
    I was 18, in international waters, and sticking it to the man! For a few days anyhow
    Those little cannons on the front of Coast Guard destroyers look small until they are in your face

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Dungeons of Daggorath (my first "3D" game ever!I had it on Tandy Color Computer in 1986 and have it now on my PC http://iloveglory.freehostia.com/daggorath/index.html

SNES game PTO (Pacific Theater of Operations) because I love the grand theater style and it's never been done better in my opinion...although Pacific Storm would be better if it didn't crash all the time.
    I play it on my PC now using an emulator

Sid Meiers Civilization because I love the challenge. I think Civ 2 was my favorite version but they're all good

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    That just wouldn't be nice to talk about! Generally speaking though, I find it annoying when people like to talk and I am in a hurry, like when trying to leave work, and somebody won't stop talking! How many times do you have to say "I need to get going so I don't hit overtime"? Sheesh

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I worked at a radio station as a dj/engineer when I was 16. Then I worked on a pirate radio ship when I was 18 (same guy owned them both)

I am a musician, Bass player to be exact, played in lots of bands. Heavy metal in NYC in the 1990's, then classic rock in North Carolina, most recently in a cover band in Oregon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoO...XiDjQ&index=18

I work in surgery now, and on the side I am working on making a couple of video games. I do 3D modeling and animation, characters in particular. I have thought of replacing the default Ark characters with a mod

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Uh..I thought this was just a guild....who ARE you guys?
    Seriously, I am looking fora long-term group that goes beyond just A game or couple of games. Most guilds have requirements that I just don't have time to meet.A good example is that I love playing Everquest, my main character was always a shaman. I always got stuck in guilds that could only manage half the raids, because of smaller skill and/or population. The larger guilds, on the other hand, required commitment to 2-3 nights a week and I happen to be on call for work alot so I can't promise anything.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you guys ever play The Forest? I would love to have a group for that game in hard survival mode!

Anyone here play Neverwinter Nights on AOL back in 1992-1996?

Where's the bathroom? I had too much coffee

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    I need more information. Is this adventure in a cave? Or was the wise old man in a cave and the adventure is outside? I don't get it

Hey there. Cheers for applying and thanks for your patience during the email shenanigannery

If you haven't already, give the new applicant thread a gander.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarak View Post
    The coolest job I ever had was working on a pirate radio ship in 1988.
    That does sound pretty cool. How did you end up getting in to working radio?

most recently in a cover band in Oregon.
    Seems like I have some listening to do. I only recognised two or three of the song titles there.

Uh..I thought this was just a guild....
    As did I when I first applied. It was a pleasant surprise to find it wasn't just a guild.

who ARE you guys?
    We're a community that favours the player over the game, spanning over a bunch of MMOs and multiplayer games. You won't find any activity requirements here, and members are welcome in any of our branches. We'd much rather bring in good people that are fun to play with and hang out with than trying to pull in the best of the best. If you want to read a bit more on our history you can find it here.

Do you guys ever play The Forest?
    A quick google kinda makes it look like yet another sandbox-y survival. What makes it stand out for you?

I don't get it
    Are you gonna take what he's offering or just stand there asking questions?

I'm not sure how to do the fancy quotes for sections of text so...
    I got into radio because the owner of the radio ship and radio station were a friend of the family, and I lived right across the street from the radio station. It was easy learning how to power on the transmitters and play records and such

The thing that stands out about The Forest is the AI is quite advanced and there is a strong story involved, along with a sense of urgency as you try to find your son before the cannibals eat him. Building is optional, for the most part, but it is fun to set traps to kill or capture mutants and cannibals. Also, the caves are very dark and quite scary!

And the last question...I'll just hang out with the old man until I get my answers, it's apparently safe there!

I am hoping to hop in to Ark in the next couple of days, how many people here play? And what days/times?

You can use quote tags to format like that.
    If you use square brackets instead of regular ones (quote=Havokist)I like pie(/quote) becomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Havokist
    I like pie
    Also, I've dropped you a message with a link to our Discord in it. Joining us there should make it a bit easier to find some of us. You should be able to get to your inbox through the Notifications link at the top of the page.

I got into radio because the owner of the radio ship and radio station were a friend of the family, and I lived right across the street from the radio station. It was easy learning how to power on the transmitters and play records and such
    Ever break anything particularly expensive while working radio or are you one of the lucky ones?

The thing that stands out about The Forest is the AI is quite advanced and there is a strong story involved, along with a sense of urgency as you try to find your son before the cannibals eat him. Building is optional, for the most part, but it is fun to set traps to kill or capture mutants and cannibals. Also, the caves are very dark and quite scary!
    That sounds like a bit more than your average survival game. My main issue with a lot of the sandbox survival games is they often have a pretty solid core set of systems and gameplay but it's like the developers stopped short of making a full game, leaving you with blank canvas and the kind words of "go have fun!"

And the last question...I'll just hang out with the old man until I get my answers, it's apparently safe there!
    If you're sticking around he will beckon to the brush in the corner and tell you to get busy. Gotta earn your keep somehow. It's not a brush with a nice, long handle, it's one of these buggers:
    Spoiler:

Alternatively you could tell us what he's offering you other than sweeping his floor so he doesn't kick you out of his cave

Quote Originally Posted by Havokist View Post
    You can use quote tags to format like that.
    If you use square brackets instead of regular ones (quote=Havokist)I like pie(/quote) becomes...

Also, I've dropped you a message with a link to our Discord in it. Joining us there should make it a bit easier to find some of us. You should be able to get to your inbox through the Notifications link at the top of the page.

Ok thanks!

Ever break anything particularly expensive while working radio or are you one of the lucky ones?

I never broke anything, but being a teenager i did play a song by Donavan called Intergalactic Laxative quite a few times...might have broken our audience a bit

That sounds like a bit more than your average survival game. My main issue with a lot of the sandbox survival games is they often have a pretty solid core set of systems and gameplay but it's like the developers stopped short of making a full game, leaving you with blank canvas and the kind words of "go have fun!"

Oh there is a lot to discover and explore, and a final boss so you can beat the game. It can also be open ended survival if you so choose. I also loved Subnautica, which was also similar but in a totally different setting

If you're sticking around he will beckon to the brush in the corner and tell you to get busy. Gotta earn your keep somehow. It's not a brush with a nice, long handle, it's one of these buggers:
    Spoiler:

Alternatively you could tell us what he's offering you other than sweeping his floor so he doesn't kick you out of his cave
    The old man offers me a survival book, which I open to discover all I need to know in the wilds, including fire making, crude weaponry such as spears, clubs, bow and arrows, etc. The most important section has to deal with hiding and how to avoid capture when being pursued. The last part shows how to make deadly traps to guard your camp so you can sleep safely. With this, I have everything I need to make it to the conclusion of my adventure!

That's definitely a survivalists answer. Are there any casual games you play as well?

What is a casual game? I play Mechwarrior Online every day, does that count?

The old man offers me a survival book, which I open to discover all I need to know in the wilds, including fire making, crude weaponry such as spears, clubs, bow and arrows, etc. The most important section has to deal with hiding and how to avoid capture when being pursued. The last part shows how to make deadly traps to guard your camp so you can sleep safely. With this, I have everything I need to make it to the conclusion of my adventure!
    This is the Forest, and yes a few of us play on occasion :P
    I'm a mom, but I'm not your mom.

It also describes a dozen other survival games Including Ark and Conan Exiles