View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: App: Otaki - um Lots! (Returning Member)

App: Otaki - um Lots! (Returning Member)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    um Lots!

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Ale Luckfinder & Alaunira---Fighter/Cleric

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Not sure. Chef and a few others from Rift years ago.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    So preamble. I was in U back when Rift was a thing and had a ton of fun. Had a bad case of Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder and wandered the wasteland of games. So in short forgot I was in U which I remember being one of the funnest ones I was in.
    Ok true dumb stuff? Well see first app for early life (https://www.unrepentantgaming.com/fo...ighlight=Otaki) Other interestings.. I was once dumb enough to get engaged. Last summer I decided to get some sun in my private back yard and failed to appreciate the heat on the lounge at 1500 in Arkansas in July. Made a nice pattern on my hiney and dangly bits. OH YEAH 2 weeks ago I took nephews to Urban Air (super trampoline place) and bought a parent pass thinking I could play along..note I am nearly 50 and disabled mostly. Go go 14 surgeries on one leg.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Bar none EMT-P/RN. I was able to handle patients from the field, air, ER, OR, and ICU. Running tubes and lines and making miracles happen! Course there was the suck and the boring too but, I loved it.

Worst? jeez uh probably ICU nurse in Shiprock Arizona on the reservation. They hated white folks and worse smart ones. Years of experience in the field and was recruited to go there to help build up the ER system. The whole thing was just a giant bundle of...()#$%(@&^&^@%()@#%$*)*! Oh and so was Washington Regional Hospital in Fayetteville Arkansas. Horrible pay in order to work with a bunch of racists.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Battlefields 3 and 4 are the go to. Played those forever and semi-competitively. Lots of good memories there. I usually maintain a DDO VIP account just because it feels natural. Old single player RPGs. Baldurs Gate Neverwinter Dragon's Age, The Witcher series and yes I played long before superman spoke in hrmms and F*(#$!

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Well fresh interns and senior residents come flashing to mind. Thinking they have ascended to God hood. Complete lack of respect for the experience and skills of nurses who had decade or more experience. The ones who yelled got a tail snap in my "office" also known as the nearest stairwell.
    Currently there is this ex-Jugalo at work who is one of those know it alls and refuses to believe that I was once an EMT-P/RN even though he has seen licensure and letters of commendation from numerous places. Thinks the title of Apple Master is something elevated.
    And I will just toss this out there and it might get me 3 quick no votes but, Vaccines work, we have been to the moon, climate change is real, chemtrails aren't a thing, evolution is real. Trying to debate these topics will make me wear down my dentures.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Something cool? Uh pretty much a geek/nerd. I guess one thing cool is I just built 2 rigs using the 3990x with 128 of ddr4 dominator 4tb of M.2 at pcie 4.0 (Samsung 970s). 2 EVGA 2080TIs custom looped. Beautiful white cases with 20gbs of hot swap drives (samsung 860s) on a MSI Creator Board. Nice nuanced lighting nothing over the top. Quiet as could be. Just upset work wouldn't let me take pictures with them since they were clients computers.
    Probably the coolest thing around me is my 2 therapy dogs. Dumb as rock mutts but, they couldn't possibly love me anymore.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Aside from fun in the sun in rift with Shagwell (Ulna Forearm on the site)?

You had me at "....fiesty racoon in a warehouse of beer."

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Is there a defacto "old person group" who I can trade advice on sprains from getting out of bed wrong and aches related to tying my shoes? Is anyone good at SQL and/or python whom I can bribe/guilt trip into some advice? Is there turndown and valet service at the stronghold? A good backscrubbing always helps.

Ok I know U runs various events. Are they mainly endgame focused or are they spread out? What are actual in-game expectations of members (i know behave dont be vulgar...) but, voice coms a must? I can I mean I just gotta find the mic to this headset. Regular activity participation? Anything mandatory to participate in?

Just want to know how active the guild is and in what fashion really.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Well I guess an 8bit shiny sword primarily used for chopping grass and breaking pots.

I've already let Otaki know that membership is for life. No sense doing this twice.
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron-tonian View Post
    I've already let Otaki know that membership is for life. No sense doing this twice.
    Plus, it's a red-named account from 2011. I think we're good to move this to Accepted; doing it now.

Welcome back, Otaki!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p