View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Pratchett42 - Neverwinter (4/0)

App: Pratchett42 - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Qualin Bandor

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Was parked at my girl's house and had a little bit too much to smoke. Was time to go home so got in my car and went to pull away but, car wouldn't move. Figured it was the snow so I started rocking her back and forth, getting inches with each pass. Eventually I look at my dash and notice the parking brake is on. I felt.... yeah. I put it in park, tilted the seat back, and napped. Got home safe a few hours later, vowed to never do that again!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Cooliest - Tech company by me. Amazing work, amazing learning. Sadly most is classified so... yeah

Worst - Boutique Help Desk - code for man who abuses small office of employees and pays crap. Eventually went to Dept. of Labor to sort him out. Yeah, he was sorted, I bought a car

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Star Ruler 2 - I like the detail you can build ships with. Neuroticness satisfied every time I research a new weapon tech!

Deus Ex - First FPS I really played. Yeah, there was Doom, RoTT, Quake, Hexen, but meh, they were boring. Click button, kill things. Deus Ex made you think a bit, and the story was pretty cool for that time!

Diablo II - Was playing online in Hardcore mode once.... girlfriend (same one from the car incident above) at the time offered me a donut. I went "ooohhh" and took a donut, popped it in my mouth (was a mini), and when I looked back "You have Died". Mephisto meteored me through a wall. I was sad. Donut was tasty, though!

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Worked with a guy who was ultra paranoid and ultra pricky at the same time. Kept thinking I was going to take over his job. Would snipe, threaten, unplug random stuff. Ugh. Glad I don't work with him anymore!

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I have a bad habit of ruining cats. No, not like that ya perv. I mean I'll befriend them and make them turn on their owners. It's happened multiple times. The cool factor comes in where I can take violent, hostile cats (from shelters and pet stores and the like) and spend a couple weekend with them. After that, they're usually well-adjusted and treat-happy. Unfortunate side-effect is that I allow these kitties to climb on me and perch on my shoulder. When a human sees a cat do a parrot, they get uncomfortable. But this is good, uncomfortable people pleases my misanthropy ^_^

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Honestly? Looked cool, not a wix site, good spelling, 18+. Beyond that, you were the first guild to pop up on my search terms for a guild!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    If I came on and described the gruesome way I would defenestrate an office plant, using suggestive words like masticate.... as long as it wasn't distruptive to current conversation (hijacking) and no overtly prude people are online (i.e. only when the fuckin' curse monsters are on), that cool?

If my girlfriend says I need to do something, I need to do it. You are digital, she gives me sex. Look, I'm just being honest. So when I say I gotta jet, I gotta jet. That cool?

If the world ends, can I raid the guild vault (or its equivalent) for crafting supplies?

Friday is White Castle day. I do expect some party love. Will you set that up for me? Nothing in particular, possibly even just hanging out on chat. But I do want company while I feel my insides melt into goo.

Please tell me you have a designated drinking night. Please?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Dooooo, do doot de do do dooooooo!

In the game, it's a sword? It's been a long-ass time and I'm too lazy to google.

In the meme, it's a KITTY! ...I love kitties.... I have four! I want more. Milk caps on the floor. Budget for cat fud would soar. Likely scare the mice to the core. I once walked with a kitty by the shore (that's Augustine!). But when it comes to rhymes, I got no more!

Whaaazap! It's Fen here. I got Prachett here a guild invite. Pratchett, someone sobereer than I am will tell you the application process. Basically, we're here to get to know each other. Get us an avatar Bud!

The avatar has been made! Haven't figured out how to post attachments yet, though. This site is aaaaaancient Maybe if I make it, I can help "improve" it (he said gnomishly).

Welcome to the app process.

For attachments, use a third-party site like imgur that will give you a link and post the link here. There may be another way to do it, but I'll be damned if I know it.

If you could meet any person in the world, living or dead, who would it be and why? Go.

Good start with the OP, now please stay active on the application.

Adding to Learned's question, who would you turn in to a zombie and keep locked up?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Woo activity! OK, here goes...

If I could meet any person, it would be Nikola Tesla. I like his brand of crazy. it matches mine! That and I hope I can score some Tesla notes from him They actually made money with his mug on it!

Who would I turn into a zombie? That's an odd question but ok I'd probably turn Trump into a zombie as a warning to all other beings on what happens when your ego damages the relations and rights of a mass of people. He would be the new punishment for government figures. You screw up, you get fed to Trumpzombie. On live television. No PPV, something over digital airwaves. Everyone gets to watch. In fact, it should be a mandatory day off to watch the whole festivities. Dancing girls. Fireworks. Oh yeah

How about some questions for you folks! Like, if you had one million dollars, what would you do? If you had a billion? If you had a trillion? And why? Cats or Dogs, and why? If you had a choice of epic loot, or ressing an ally, which would you pick and why? If you found out your roommate/spouse blocked thechive.com, what would be your response?

And, most importantly, if you were offered a migration path to a more feature-rich forum software, what considerations would you have?

One million dollars - convert it to sterling, can't spend dollars over here.

One billion dollars - retro fit my house to make it greener then move to a new house with a pool, gym and multiple garage space for my (mostly) electric cars.

One trillion dollars - fund health care, turn the world green and support extra terrestrial exploration and a base on Mars.

Cat - dogs poop in public and need constant attention.

Res an ally, he will then owe me several pieces of epic loot

thechive - don't care, don't use it. Pinterest is the way to go...

I don't understand the last question.

Pratchett42 - is that a mash up between the ultimate answer and the greatest fantasy writer of our generation?

If so, favourite Discworld character/set of characters - do you like the witches books or city guard or obviously Rincewind...

Wow, he figured it out! But you're a Brit so these authors are like, required reading in the early levels?

I am a BIG fan of Grimes. Mainly because he's always put in extraordinary situations, and all he really wants is to relax and go blank. I love how, unlike most other books/movies, such an anti-hero is always played hamfistedly, but the way Pratchett describes Grimes' doting of [redacted], makes me wanna be [redacted].

The baby, not the wife. Though she sounds kinda cute!

As a quick detour, I've seen all incarnations of the BBC Adams stuff, including but not limited to the 6-book trilogy and a BIG love of Dirk. Not too sure about the one with elijah wood but.... Same with Pratchett movies - but not up on all the books... yet.... I aspire to get a house first, then buy hardcovers of all his books and read them in turn. Oh yes, it shall be decadent!

*edit*

So I was on a flight from Florida to NY when I brought with me Witches Abroad. I must've been laughing quite a bit because when we landed, I was asked to stay in my seat and two nice uniformed officers let me know that my cackling was considered threatening to the passengers. LOVE that book so much.
    Last edited by Pratchett42; 01-21-2020 at 05:22 PM.

I have developed the habit of not really reading complicated names in fantasy/sci-fi, just sort of recognising the shape of the word and the letters; I was cured of this two-thirds of the way through Pyramids when I finally realised the pronunciation of the country they were in.