View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: supot - As of now, I only have time to play DDO (4/0)

App: supot - As of now, I only have time to play DDO (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    As of now, I only have time to play DDO

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Supot

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I walked into a glass wall inside a building. It was next to the door. Everyone was staring at me with a confused look, but no one laughed.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I was a game designer for several years - coolest.
    worst - call center telemarketer.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    DDO -

-you can never run out of new things to do.

Castlevania

-still haven't finished all of them. im a big fan of the theme, music, art.

Retro games

-still a lot I haven't finished, and a lot of great games that never get old.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Gamers who are full of themselves.
    People who overtake in lines.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I have a beagle named Derpie who just gave birth to 2 puppies, Anna & Elsa.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I just so happened to be recruited here.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Are there reptilians in this guild

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    an old jar of his earwax. it is magical. (The fun part is finding out why)

So I saw Supot asking on FB for a DDO guild and sent him over here; he has been fairly active so far although I am yet to group.

Supot, I suspect you are going to have to fill out those answers a little or otherwise engage the community in banter. The application process is the only thing we take seriously, once/if accepted you can come and go as you please in any of the branches. The application process is where we get to know you a bit and you get to see if you like the feel of the place. Please stay active during the process, say hi in game and send any members you play with over here to let us know how awesome you are. You will need $ yes votes to be accepted and 3 no votes for the opposite.

Have a look at a couple of accepted and rejected applications to see what I mean; you will also be pestered to choose an avatar until you do.

Tell me your best and worst experiences in DDO?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Best experiences:

Probably, the first times I played it - Korthos Island. I had a really bad build but it was really just fun and roleplaying. It was a Sorc with a Greatsword.

Buying my first adventure pack - Delera's tomb. It was actually a pain since I didn't have a credit card.

Raid nights with my guild from my country and overall questing with my countrymen from P I N O Y. But our glory days are long over and everyone is now inactive.

I still have the screenshots of my journey since 2010 in DDO.

Getting to level 20 on my first character was fun. Unfortunately, i had to throw away my old reavers refuge gear.

Experiences on my first life on Supot were memorable. 19 Cleric / 1 Fighter.
    I was in the Demon Sands raid and with little experience with the game, we had a good run and I was able to do my healer duties and was acknowledged for it after completion. I was more of lucky though.

On my 2nd life, circa 2010, 2011, I made a pure favored soul. That was the first time I experienced being strong, and I enjoyed and learned a lot about the game. Those were the days of TOD and having a character at cap.

I could go on and on.

My worst experiences:

Well, maybe getting burned out and stopping playing. One reason i stopped was because with one of my characters with multiple past lives, I made him a warforged sorc. He is still sitting at level 8 after 8 years. I just find them really ugly.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Supot! Welcome to the App Process. I see Arkle, has already run you down with how the process works...we usually have like 3 groups actively running to my knowledge, Arkle's, Tom's, and Whodunit's. I run with Whodunit's group, and we normally play on Fridays and Saturdays around 10pm..if you are on etc, we will be happy to have you, I think our mains are 28-29 level. Why do you enjoy playing DDO? compared to other MMOS, and what is your favorite class? and if you need any help or anything, we will be happy to help you..be sure to stay active in here and in game, during the process, and normally other Ueys will come by and drop a comment or 2. Best of luck with the process, and will see you in game soon!
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Hello. Thanks for the welcome.

DDO is the first MMO i played. I haven't gotten into any other. I have tried a few. I'm an oldschool D&D type of fan. I enjoyed playing MUDs back in the day when graphical MMO's weren't in existence yet also. Most of them are based on ad&d. I like the battle system of DDO and character customization compared to other games I have tried that are not necessarily MMOs, e.g. Diablo, Skyrim.

My favorite class: That's a tough question.

I enjoy trying to come up with my own original multiclass builds. When I am able to make it work, I enjoy it a lot.

If I can't, I'll just do a pure class with a splash of 2 rogue. Spot, Disable, Search, UMD are essential, so that means a lot of Int and less of the rest

i had a 12 cleric, 6 monk, 2 ranger, Blade Barrier + 10k stars + manyshot kiter build which i never saw anyone else do. It was before Artificer. It is a build i was proud of.

Aside from that, I enjoy Bard, Wizard, Sorc, FVS. Currently going through the challenge of heroic completionist. Only 3 left - fvs (should be easy), barbarian, and rogue. Barbarian and rogue i think will be challenging. I might stop playing before finishing 20 if they are too boring/challenging. I tried a rogue assassin before. It was tough. I don't get how people can do it. or maybe they buffed rogue now. I also heard Barb is boring. I am thinking of a deep multiclass for the future.

I found Monk and Ranger pretty good classes for Melee. Paladin was not as awful as people said it would be, but dps was challenging even on a twf build. I enjoy Melee but I also don't like a build that has nothing else. So i enjoy more variety. CC, healing, AOE, ranged, do it all build. Druid comes to mind, but I am choosy about some things, and the wolf form art and animation and ladder transitions were a bit not so enjoyable. The same thing with Warforged. The look of the character is something apparently that is a quirk of mine. It has to look good to me for me to enjoy playing it.

Do you do any tabletop D&D?

What do you do for fun outside of gaming?

Show us pictures of the beagles!
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

Hi Harplager,

I don't play anymore but I was introduced to it at a young age maybe 26 years ago. I am 36. We used to make our own rules and our own game mechanic systems, spells, campaigns, and everything. I still have an old notebook lying around in my flat. We played for a few years.

Outside of gaming, currently trying to stay and keep fit. Trying to work out a lot and eat healthy. Trying not to drink alcohol. It's been hard, especially from the holidays.
    I like basketball, especially playing. Also helps to keep me fit. I like music, movies, or now, most good stuff are tv series more than movies. I enjoy stuff like the Black Mirror genre, American Horror Story was fun, especially the soundtrack.

I used to make music and art. Haven't in a long time though. I enjoy reading and thinking about topics such as philosophy, psychology, consciousness, and also used to do a lot of meditation, and learned different spiritual approaches. It shapes how I think about it.

My favorite bands - I'm a big Rush fan. Alice in Chains fan. Smashing Pumpkins. I like Progressive Rock. My guilty pleasure is 90's dance. I think Metallica is a great band, despite all the haters. Frozen 2 had a pretty good soundtrack.
    Last edited by supot; 01-02-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Some pictures of Derpie, Elsa, and Anna

they are turning 1 month old.
    Last edited by supot; 01-02-2020 at 06:38 PM.

I'll tell the story behind my name.

Well, in our country, which is a big part Christian, a lot of people are religious. So, circumcision is tradition. For some, they have it when they are a baby, but some, they have it when they are approaching puberty.

So, it is a common insult that kids tease each other with to call each other "supot", which means uncircumcised. Supot literally means "bag". So, Supot was meant to describe what the uncircumcised penis looked like. So, when a kid calls another kid "Supot", it is meant as something to make them cry, or label them as inferior. When kids were circumcised, it is meant as a rite of passage that "makes them a man". So, the kids who still weren't were teased.

Anyway. So, in Eberron. The backstory of Supot is he is Supot, The Rebel Cleric. He refused to be circumcised by the Church of the Silver Flame, and for it, he was banished. His reflexes and wisdom was so sharp, that he was able to dodge the knife of the Cleric who attempted to perform his circumcision. Ever since then, he lived in the streets, and sometimes in the occasional sewer where he learned the ways of troglodytes and kobolds. He actually learned his first english from friendly kobolds who took him under their wing.
    Last edited by supot; 01-02-2020 at 10:10 PM.