View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 100.00%
  • No

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: App: Paasol - Mainly World of Warcraft, perhaps Overwatch (4/0)

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiaala View Post
    Hi Paasol:

    Just a few questions ...

    When you are in a dungeon, do you want to do a full clear or just clear enough of the mobs to get to the end?
    While in a group, do you stay with the group or do you run ahead if they are slow?
    What do you enjoy most about WoW and what do you like least? And why?
    Hi Ryiaala,

    Assuming we're talking about Classic WoW, I prefer to full clear a dungeon to enjoy the dungeon experience as well as getting all the experience possible from that dungeon, since they didn't have bonus XP for finishing back then.

    It's likely that out in the open world I would probably move a little bit ahead, but I wouldn't just completely abandon my group making it half way across a zone while someone stays behind to skin pelts. Also, if someone needs to stop for something, in game or out of game (i.e. bathroom breaks, mining a node, etc), I won't push ahead without my group. The social aspects and the raiding in the game are my cup of tea. I also enjoy taking time every now and then to just run around and immerse myself in the world. WoW is a world that I grew up in so it's just like home to me. I'd say my least favorite thing is probably playing on a PvP server. There's nothing like leveling through Stranglethorn Vale only to get ganked by a level capped character of the enemy faction, then getting body camped. As for WoW over it's whole life cycle, my least favorite thing is how quickly you run out of meaningful content at the endgame. Once you get to the endgame, you gear up, run your raids, and unless you like to do PvP, the other systems in the game get really tedious really fast.

  2. #12
    giggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Port Orange, FL
    Posts
    204
    Ahhhh... STV ganking. That was like a whole separate game unto itself. I couldn't even get away as a low lvl Rogue.

    Seems like a fairly solid applicant to me.... as long as he doesn't open mic... I have a thing about that.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by giggle View Post
    Ahhhh... STV ganking. That was like a whole separate game unto itself. I couldn't even get away as a low lvl Rogue.

    Seems like a fairly solid applicant to me.... as long as he doesn't open mic... I have a thing about that.
    Push to Talk= Enabled

  4. #14
    Cylon Hunter GalacticKegger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Next door to Oblivion.
    Posts
    5,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well ... launch day went as expected and Paasol was there toughing it out with the rest of us both in-game and in Discord. He even took a break from leveling his Undead in Tirisfal to fly across the pond to Orgrimmar and put his signature on the Horde Guild Charter. He's a real good fit.


    Considering Star Citizen? CLICK HERE to use my referral code & get bonus UEC!

  5. #15
    Official Dino-Bard Pfloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,012
    Good interaction, military-type, friends with Keg and Ryiaala...I'mma go ahead and throw up a YES.

    BUUUUUT...still got a question. Saw you mentioned PvP in one of your most recent posts. Do you plan on getting in some PvP? I'm not sure how many other folks like to do the WoW PvP stuff, but if I start playing (already subbed, couldn't resist the damn temptation), I know I'll be doing some BGs, and it'll be nice to go beating some tail with a new PvP buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
    Good interaction, military-type, friends with Keg and Ryiaala...I'mma go ahead and throw up a YES.

    BUUUUUT...still got a question. Saw you mentioned PvP in one of your most recent posts. Do you plan on getting in some PvP? I'm not sure how many other folks like to do the WoW PvP stuff, but if I start playing (already subbed, couldn't resist the damn temptation), I know I'll be doing some BGs, and it'll be nice to go beating some tail with a new PvP buddy.
    Yes, I fully intend to get into PvP. I'm going to end up going both PvE and PvP with my mage, but I will be rolling an enchancement shaman down the line specifically for PvP. If you want to run BGs anytime, let me know, I'd be happy to go spill blood on the battlefields with ya!

  7. #17
    Cylon Hunter GalacticKegger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Next door to Oblivion.
    Posts
    5,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
    Good interaction, military-type, friends with Keg and Ryiaala...I'mma go ahead and throw up a YES.

    BUUUUUT...still got a question. Saw you mentioned PvP in one of your most recent posts. Do you plan on getting in some PvP? I'm not sure how many other folks like to do the WoW PvP stuff, but if I start playing (already subbed, couldn't resist the damn temptation), I know I'll be doing some BGs, and it'll be nice to go beating some tail with a new PvP buddy.
    I've gamed with him a lot (WoW, Wildstar & Sea of Thieves to name a few) and he looks for PvP trouble. From experience ... I have a suspicion (and not a sneaking one either) that BGs will be a good chunk of his playing focus. In our old guild during LK he was a staple in Wintergrasp. Expect to be dueled ... often.

  8. #18
    Inconnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Skeeterboro, Ark
    Posts
    940
    ok... spent quote a bit of time in Discord with Auld Paasol...

    very helpful to those that were using discard for the first time, only laffed once or twice at my level 9 troll hunter getting ganked by the harpies in durotar, comported himself well by not soiling the rug .. you know that rug really ties the room together.

    Given the application as well, just a good applicant.

    YES from the smelly Wow Hunter/Uppity Wow Pally/scruffy GWF from Neverwinter., unoffical of course.



    Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!


  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Inconnel View Post
    ok... spent quote a bit of time in Discord with Auld Paasol...

    very helpful to those that were using discard for the first time, only laffed once or twice at my level 9 troll hunter getting ganked by the harpies in durotar, comported himself well by not soiling the rug .. you know that rug really ties the room together.

    Given the application as well, just a good applicant.

    YES from the smelly Wow Hunter/Uppity Wow Pally/scruffy GWF from Neverwinter., unoffical of course.



    Thanks for the kind words

    I'll try not to ruin the rug during my stay

  10. #20
    Paasol's been hanging with us quite a bit in WoW Classic and Discord a lot and he's pure Uey.

    ​YES
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 08-28-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBSlider - Copyright © DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Single Sign On provided by vBSSO