View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Deakin - Neverwinter (4/0)

Thanks for the game recommendation, Pfloyd.
    Last Oasis looks quite out there where you get to fly around in giant machines
    Will be keeping an eye out for it, for sure.

I caught up with Tyrone and Doyler in Neverwinter, who kindly helped get me set up in Discord, which was great. Thanks guys

Which part of America are you from? in 2007, I spent some time in Phoenix and also a place called Traverse City, Michigan, visiting some friends. I loved Michigan and could picture myself living there. I drove to Ann Arbor and had a look around.
    There are definitely tonnes of great spots in Michigan. Is there anyone in the community from there?

By the way, I stumbled across this gem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaDiquUFjw
    Is that you? If so, outstanding, Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Deakin View Post
    By the way, I stumbled across this gem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaDiquUFjw
    That is, indeed, Pfloyd. I'd recognize that sexy forked goatee anywhere .

Pro tip: getting Tyrone and/or Doyler (or any other Neverwinter peeps) to show up here and sing your praises will work wonders in getting your app moved through. Don't be afraid to remind people in game that you are an applicant, or to invite them to come swing by here.

As the Learned one said, yeah man, that's me all right. Glad you enjoyed it - it's not my best work. Come to think of it, I still haven't done anything resembling a "best work", or even a "decent work".

A while back, though, one of our Ueys, Rhyzen, was looking to buy an inexpensive guitar to get started. So I made this for him:

Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

pfloyd - brother, you have to check out Remnant from the Ashes. It's pretty addictive and the atmosphere is intense! I turn up the sound on headphones and it scares the crap out of me!

Steve Smith - hero? Flawed genius? Or a cheat who should never have represented Australia again? And has your view changed this week?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

pfloyd - brother, you have to check out Remnant from the Ashes. It's pretty addictive and the atmosphere is intense! I turn up the sound on headphones and it scares the crap out of me!

I shall check that out this evening; thanks for the suggestion!

Also, this past weekend, Deakin messaged me on Discord from out of the blue. We talked for a good 20 minutes or more; had a great conversation with the guy. As far as I'm concerned, this is an easy YES vote.
    Last edited by Pfloyd; 08-24-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    Steve Smith - hero? Flawed genius? Or a cheat who should never have represented Australia again? And has your view changed this week?
    Flawed genius, Arkle. I really enjoy the way he bats.
    I don't believe he actually planned for the ball tampering incident, but he was the captain and should have put a stop to it at the time, instead of going along with it.
    I can forgive him for that mistake but in terms of his reputation, it will definitely be tarnished forever.
    He's our most important player in this Ashes and it's a massive blow to have him out for the next Test

By the way, for everyone else we're talking about the game of Cricket and a dark time for our Australian team.
    Our captain at the time, and two other players were involved in tampering with the cricket ball, but were exposed by the on field cameras. Ridiculously silly and all involved were banned from the game for some months but are now back playing.

Flawed genius, Arkle. I really enjoy the way he bats.
    I don't believe he actually planned for the ball tampering incident, but he was the captain and should have put a stop to it at the time, instead of going along with it.
    I can forgive him for that mistake but in terms of his reputation, it will definitely be tarnished forever.
    He's our most important player in this Ashes and it's a massive blow to have him out for the next Test

By the way, for everyone else we're talking about the game of Cricket and a dark time for our Australian team.
    Our captain at the time, and two other players were involved in tampering with the cricket ball, but were exposed by the on field cameras. Ridiculously silly and all involved were banned from the game for some months but are now back playing.
    Sounds very scandalous. Baseball pitchers here in the States occasionally get caught tampering with the ball in various ways (sandpaper, vasoline or pine tar) and they get thrown out of the game and serve a small suspension. After that, nobody really cares. Now, steroids, on the other hand...
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 08-23-2019 at 05:28 AM.

It is a beaver. I'm really liking this app and we have had good discord interaction reported so I'm going to add a 2nd yes vote.

Thanks for the info, Tallon

Had my lunch stolen once, yes! It wasn't anything fancy...just a cheese and tomato sandwich

What animal is that in your avatar? Is that a beaver?

Quote Originally Posted by Learnedhand View Post
    Sounds very scandalous. Baseball pitchers here in the States occasionally get caught tampering with the ball in various ways (sandpaper, vasoline or pine tar) and they get thrown out of the game and serve a small suspension. After that, nobody really cares. Now, steroids, on the other hand...

Our player actually had a piece of yellow sandpaper in his pocket which he proceeded to remove from his pocket and started to work on the ball, in the middle of the field. Obviously there were a bunch of cameras trained on the field and they caught him red handed. It was one of those Oh Crap moments.
    The way our cricket team works is the Captain of the national team is held in such high regard in Australia, they are almost as important as the Prime Minister. That's how much Aussies love their national cricket team.

I'm a massive fan of basketball and the NBA. Chicago Bulls are my favourite team and I try to watch as many games as I can over here.
    We actually have a lot of Aussies playing in the NBA. We seem to have more and more each year.
    I just watched an exhibition match tonight where our national team just beat your team, for the first time in 100 odd games.
    It's pretty big news over here.

Any of you guys NBA fans?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast