View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Deakin - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Deakina

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    chatted with Tyrone Slothrop

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I used to think "shotgun weddings" were for people that liked guns...

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Coolest Job - tutoring math and english to 6 year olds...there's something rewarding in helping the younger generation
    Worst Job - sales assistant for a department store. Mountains of clothes that had to be folded! Oh god....Christmas period!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Shadowbane - one of the best pvp games I've played. Was part of a great guild.
    Vanguard Saga of Heroes - a great game for its time, albeit buggy on release. Had elements of PVE and PVP
    WW2 Online - realistic pvp game

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    workmate that used to steal people's lunches from the work fridge

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    my Aussie accent

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Your recruitment message in-game (Neverwinter) is catchy

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you have any members from Australia?
    I'm sure you would have voice chat programs that you use.
    Would it be OK to mute the mic? I have a young family that sleeps early

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    a Get out of Jail Free card....everyone needs one of these in Life...don't they

Hi Deakin! Thanks for chatting this morning and thanks for applying. Why are you interested in Unrepentant?

Hi Deakin,

Welcome to the application process. This is our process to see if we are a mutual good fit, much like a first date. With that in mind, its important to stay active here in your application, even if you have been active in game, to engage the community members that stop in. Once a member, we impose no activity requirements in game or on the boards. You need 4 yes votes for acceptance and three no votes for rejection. The official votes will come from members with yellow forum names (green and purple names can also vote, but rarely do). Folks with red names can not cast official votes, but may stop by to interact, offer words of encouragement or cast unofficial votes, which do not count toward your vote tally, but can carry significant weight with those of us that do vote.

If you haven't already done so, you can join us in Neverwinter, while your app is pending, by joining our in game custom chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant, and requesting a guild invite. You join the chat channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat box. Once in the guild, be sure to put your forum name in member comments section of the guild roster page, so we know who you are, and you don't accidentally get kicked.

So, I like to begin these little Q&A sessions with a question that used to be on our application back in the days of yore (yore being about 10 years ago, and before my time here): what is your plan for the zombie apocalypse?

Because... you know... it's coming.

Hi Tyrone,

Thanks for speaking and helping me with Neverwinter.
    I'm interested in Unrepentant as I was looking for a mature guild with a presence in many other games, not just Neverwinter.
    You seem like a good bunch and you yourself were very helpful in game.
    As I increase my knowledge of the game, I hope to help out in any way.

Hi Learnedhand

First thing to do would be to locate my family and then try to find my friends and group up (start a Guild?!)
    Stock up on supplies, medicine, weapons, fishing gear
    Try and commandeer a boat and sail to a lush tropical island, with an abundance of resources.
    Hoping zombies won't be able to swim and we can just live off the land, like on Survivor.

Are you a fan of The Walking Dead?

Welcome to the app process! To answer your questions we do use Mumble and Discord. You are welcome to mute yourself and also just only join in voice chat when you want to. Many of us here have kids so we get it. I'm sure we have members from Australia but I can't name anybody at the moment. We absolutely have people in all different time zones.

Did you ever get your lunch stolen by your coworker?

Thanks for the info, Tallon

Had my lunch stolen once, yes! It wasn't anything fancy...just a cheese and tomato sandwich

What animal is that in your avatar? Is that a beaver?

Hey Deakin! I saw that you're a big fan of ShadowBane; I never played it myself, but Todd Coleman and some of his cronies have been putting together Crowfall, which (from what I hear) will be similar in style to SB. I played the shit out of Darkfall (lots of -fall games out there these days) myself, and scratching that PvP itch every once in a while feels good. Have you planned on playing Crowfall at all, or even heard of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

Hiya PFloyd

Did you enjoy Darkfall? Alot of my Shadowbane friends went on to play Darkfall but that was around the time I took a break from gaming.

I have seen footage of Crowfall and would hopefully like to give it a try, time permitting.

There is another -fall game coming out in Sept called Greedfall, that has me excited to try

I do miss the old Hardcore PVP days of my youth, just wish I had more time to play...in Shadowbane, you'd spend 2-3 hours sieging another guild's city and taking it over to build up your empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Deakin View Post
    Hiya PFloyd

Did you enjoy Darkfall? Alot of my Shadowbane friends went on to play Darkfall but that was around the time I took a break from gaming.

I have seen footage of Crowfall and would hopefully like to give it a try, time permitting.

There is another -fall game coming out in Sept called Greedfall, that has me excited to try

I do miss the old Hardcore PVP days of my youth, just wish I had more time to play...in Shadowbane, you'd spend 2-3 hours sieging another guild's city and taking it over to build up your empire.
    I loved Darkfall, even with all its faults and "potential". Shame it was pretty much run into the ground by developer ineptitude. So far, Crowfall has given me a similar sense of "keep your head on a swivel", but in the current testing phase, there's not a whole lot of action. Which is probably for the best, as I'm no youngster any more either, and I can rarely sit down and stay down at the keys for long periods of time. I could get away with it at night, but 5:00am comes quick, so I've gotta get to bed at a decent hour to avoid being even more of a grumpy bastard than I already am.

I've only heard of Greedfall recently, and plan on at least checking it out. Another game one of my Darkfall gaming buddies brought up is Last Oasis. Looks like a PvP game with weird moving, wooden construct bases moving around. Hard to describe, but give it a look!

So, as a yellow named dude, I'm liking the interaction here. Hopefully, you've found the U in Neverwinter; make sure to get them involved in your app here if you end up talking/grouping up.

One more thing - I haven't seen him around lately, but I believe Schnee is an Aussie. But I think he was living in England. Or I could be completely wrong, and remembering someone totally different. I spent four or five days in Brisbane when I was in the Navy, but that doesn't really count, I don't think.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast