View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Kel - Neverwinter (4/0)

Unrepentant Social Coordinator Sovya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have you been able to get in touch with anyone from Neverwinter?

Yes, thank you. I got a guild invite, but I am the only character in guild I have seen online not max level character. I am 47 and making my way to 80. I still log in daily and making the level grind!

Unrepentant Social Coordinator Sovya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Yes, thank you. I got a guild invite, but I am the only character in guild I have seen online not max level character. I am 47 and making my way to 80. I still log in daily and making the level grind!
    Are you able to chat with people? If so, make them say a thing on your app so we know!!

I will see what I can do. I log on evenings and say hello, how is it going. It's pretty quiet and I usually don't get a response, at least not right away.

As I said earlier, most everyone is max level, currently I am at about 50, so I haven't been able to participate in any group level activities.

I spec tank so I know when I get there I will be able to help out. It's how I play WOW as well.

I have been told, this past weekend most recently, that I should enjoy the level grind to 80 as it is supposedly the best part. I guess I think of WOW where the grind is just to the point where the game begins. I hope that it's not all downhill from max level with Neverwinter.

I will continue to be friendly and speak up in game channel. I leave myself logged in to Discord (thanks for the invite) so I will hear if there is something going on in NWN.

Still around and logging in nightly! Don't want to miss those enchanted keys...

Hit 70 a few nights ago. The XP went really fast. I have a few of the level 70 items from the big guy and hamster questline. Lots of grindy dailies to advance campaigns I see. Not sure what to focus on yet. Still getting my daily key! Last couple nights I logged on late my time, only one person around. I am sure being far west coast (Alaska) is a slow time for time zones to the east. At least I will be around on the weekends. Big wave to those at 80 that I hope to join soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Glad to hear about the different games. I was looking through the list in the forums. I have played many hours of WOW, FFXIV ARR, Eve and a few others.
    We actually have two Wow branches -- Badwolf corporation on Area 52/Horde, and Dazed and Confused on Hyjal/Alliance. I've heard that the alliance side is more active. You can /who in game to find them. There's also been talk of a Vanilla Wow branch, once that drops. So that's exciting.

Zandar1 is the leader of our FFXIV branch, so if you're interested, shoot them a pm here on the boards for an invite. I think we still have some Eve players as well.

Have you gotten to group up with anyone in Neverwinter?
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 07-11-2019 at 03:24 AM.

In short, not yet, I want to be more knowledgeable of the game and my role as tank. I am not sure yet what I am missing not having focused on completing any campaigns/boons. I am dancing around the issue that I want to be more prepared before doing group content. If I was playing DPS it probably wouldn't matter. I made it to level 80 a week ago or so. So confusing as to which quests to focus but I am on the right track now.

I started the Undermountain content...I did my first set of quests this past weekend. I enjoyed the questline with Pwent and Bruenor. I have heard in chat reference to ME's...are those daily or weekly quests?

I am specced tank, but maybe not the best first character to play in hindsight. I read several good articles on tanking and have been able to test out skills and how to use them. I think I'm ready there.

I started the undermountain campaign and started the tyranny of dragons campaign as well. I know which enchantments to pick, nice article there.

Last time I queued in the random queue, I was level 60 and got put in as tank in the mad mage dungeon? It has been a while. I felt bad for everyone with me. Wave after wave of mobs in a circular platform.

Hi Kel

Bit late to your app (been busy/fed up with vetting apps - you choose); I only play DDo at the moment, well to be fair mostly only DDO for about 7 years, so won't see you in NWN.

I also used to play PnP D&D, first ever rule set and AD&D then all my friends went different ways. Had the rule books, dungeons etc and most of all the old style lead figures. My favourite was a wizard with right arm extended but with a medium shield on his left arm - so had to try multiclassing, didnt really work in 2nd edition. Did you have metal figures? What was your favourite?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Hiya, Arkle. My favorite was and still is a paladin...which is why I chose to create a pally tank in Neverwinter. I did have a few metal figurines, played pen and paper AD&D in the 90's but everyone went their separate ways. In retrospect I really felt bad for the DM...so much work and prep required. He was plate armored with a two handed sword. Is it coincidence that my neverwinter character is the same name...I think not. My only change is that tanking seems to require shield...and I'm okay with that...it makes sense.

I picked up 2 full bankers boxes of AD&D rulebooks and expansions a while back. Some acquaintance sold them both to me for $90 over 20 years ago. I still have them in my garage.

I have the old deities and demigods book, 2nd edition rules books, a lot of those hardback/softback books. Times have changed.

I like Neverwinter because of all the books and lore written in that area. My choice for online gaming really comes down to the group content however...if a game is going to hold my attention long term. Work and family took me away from Eve...and people moving away from WOW took me away from that. My focus really is co-op content. However, I refuse to be someone who doesn't pull their weight. I hope to get into group content soon.

I rocked a pally in Neverwinter for a long time, but that was pre mod 16, so, I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help there. As far as the campaigns, unless mod 16 changed things, it's a good idea to get some boons under your belt before some of the higher content. The dailies for sharandar, well of dragons, dread ring and underdark are short enough that you could kinda bang those out all together. Also, dread ring, well of dragons and Icewind Dale, can help you move through Underdark, because the demonic sHEs (small heroic encointers) there give you Faerzress. After banging those out, you can focus on campaigns like Storm Kings Thunder and Chult/Omu, which take forever (or seem like it). Personally, I would wait for a 40% off sale and buy the buyout token for Storm King's.
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 07-13-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast