View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Kel - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Duranor

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I used to play Eve online for years in the past and made one most stupid mistake that I will forever remember. I owned a large capital ship and was safely docked in low sec/pirate space. I had another account cloaked watching the station and was waiting for a safe moment to undock. Unfortunately I had alt-tabbed due to boredom and watching some pirates...and did not notice I had accidentally undocked. Needless to say, when I alt tabbed back I was surrounded and minutes away from destruction. Actual dollar value of the ship would have been about $200. Never forgot that mistake.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Coolest was an IT contractor early in my career moving around to different work sites working on different projects. Worst job was a fish slimer working 12 to 16 hours days. The work was pretty easy and mind numbing but 100 hours a week made the summer disappear...nothing other than work, sleep, repeat for an entire summer.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Zelda, breath of the wild (most recently), original zelda NES, and super punchout NES. The latest Zelda, BOTW was and is amazing in exploration and movability. Zelda NES is lots of fun an nostalgic. For whatever reason, beating Mike Tyson in NES punchout was and still is hard...but fun.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I had a co-worker who was a complete narcissist and would never shut up. To make it worse, they always had a story for every place that anyone has ever been...and of course would one up any experience. At some point the stories just got silly and the thought of having to listen to another was excruciating.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I am part owner in a gunsmithing business and part owner in the family cabin in the Alaskan wilderness which happens to be on a lake. I should be able to find some photos.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Finding a mature gaming community makes gaming that much more enjoyable. I usually opt for co-op games over single player games. There are lots of old and new single player games which I still enjoy, but I really like working together and helping gaming friends with their own goals. We are always stronger together.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    What other games does the unrepentant community play? I still play WOW off and on, did a stint with FFXIV ARR which was fun, think about Eve but realize the time commitment isn't possible anymore.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Hearth/teleport item. In case you are in over your head, this is how you get home.

Hi Kel. Welcome to the application process. This is just a way for us all to get to know each other. Somebody smarter than me (and with a higher rank) can explain all the detail. The app is looking good so far. if you want to join us in-game, the channel is /join uey, I think.

Unrepentant Social Coordinator Sovya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey there and welcome to the application process!! This is where we get to know you and how you get to know us. You need 4 yes votes from yellow names in order to in. The downside of that is if you get 3 no votes, you’re out. However, if they are no due to inactivity, you just message a yellow name and let us know you’re back and poof, we just continue. Make sure you are active here so we can be all bantery with ya.

To answer your question, yes. All the games. We gots them and we plays them. 😊

Gunsmithing sounds uber nifty!! And a cabin in the Alaskan wilderness is also pretty fucking spiffy. Are you from Alaska?

Welcome to the application process.

If you want to join us in Neverwinter while your application is pending, you can join our custom chat channel in game, introduce yourself as an applicant and request a guild invite. You join the channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat box. Once in the guild, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so we know who you are (hit g, click roster tab, member comments in right-most column)

Quote Originally Posted by Sovya View Post
    Hey there and welcome to the application process!! This is where we get to know you and how you get to know us. You need 4 yes votes from yellow names in order to in. The downside of that is if you get 3 no votes, you’re out. However, if they are no due to inactivity, you just message a yellow name and let us know you’re back and poof, we just continue. Make sure you are active here so we can be all bantery with ya.

To answer your question, yes. All the games. We gots them and we plays them. 

Gunsmithing sounds uber nifty!! And a cabin in the Alaskan wilderness is also pretty fucking spiffy. Are you from Alaska?
    As much as most from Alaska! I have lived here for almost 40 years...but I grew up in California through part of grade school. I miss the weather...we don't have any real weather here in Anchorage. It's mild, doesn't rain or snow much and not much wind. My son saw lighting for the first time in his life last week. I remember thunder and torrential rain growing up in California.

Glad to hear about the different games. I was looking through the list in the forums. I have played many hours of WOW, FFXIV ARR, Eve and a few others.

Yo Kel. That EvE story...freakin' ouch, man. I didn't play long enough to get to the level where I could pilot a capital, but I've heard/seen enough stories. I'll add yours to the list. Anyway, aside from MMOs, any other games you enjoy? We've got some folks who play Warframe, Rocket League, Mordhau, Borderlands, Sea of Thieves, and a host of other games, so if there's a game you're looking to jam out with, there's a good chance someone around here plays it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

Most recently I played WOW with a real life friend and his family on Frostmourne, alliance side. Unfortunately interests ebb and flow and playing an MMO alone is rather boring. Before that, I spent years on doomhammer in a horde guild. Maturity levels are challenging at times with that game. I dabbled a little with warframe but only a few hours. I played a lot of Overwatch and Destiny last year...but again, just a couple of real life family and friends with their interesting waning quickly. Borderlands is always fun. I have played all 3 of those. I tried Sea of Thieves...and it reminded me of Eve and I enjoyed it a bit. Problem was my son hates the stress and again was on my own and that got old.

Sounds like there are lots of options.

Here I am at work checking the forums because I have a minor CMOS problem at home. My last 3 PC's I put together myself...and this last one is getting a few years old now. The problem was it would not post, it kept trying to boot continuously. I have had this happen before and solved it by hard powering it down. This time I shut off the power supply and left it that way for a couple hours. Problem is my CMOS battery must be dead. CMOS forgot I have a striped C Raid 0 and can't read the OS. I am going to have to remind CMOS what my raid config is before I can get up and running again. Hopefully I can be up and running soon.

Unrepentant Social Coordinator Sovya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since you play Neverwinter online, do you also play any pen and paper games??

Quote Originally Posted by Sovya View Post
    Since you play Neverwinter online, do you also play any pen and paper games??
    I have 3 bankers boxes full of old pen and paper AD&D through 2nd edition. Rulebooks, modules, monsters, etc. A pretty good collection. Problem is all my old pen and paper friends have other things..but to be fair so do I. A full time job and a part time business leaves only a little time at odd hours for myself and Neverwinter or other MMO's.

My real draw to Neverwinter are all the awesome forgotten realms novels and Drizzt novels. My first D&D character from decades ago is Duranor, same name as my Neverwinter pally.

Times change, but all the information about the sword coast and all those old SSI gold box games are my bedrock for Neverwinter.

Oh yeah, got my CMOS fixed, was lucky it was easy. I just needed to set my HDD to RAID instead of the default, IDE. Then immediately recognized my RAID config and I booted with an OS detected.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast