View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: App: Antherious - Final Fantasy XIV, consider it a gateway for (4/0)

Quote Originally Posted by avedementia View Post
    I'm glad you liked the dye! Some people (Zandar) don't appreciate mah color choices when I send them gear or play dressup with their soul-less cloned retainers b/c they don't log in enough for me to play dress-up in person. *cough cough*
    Your possession of the aesthetic sense of an incontinent water buffalo only becomes my problem when you're standing and I have to look at you, and not when you're face down on the floor like you normally are, so there's that blessed relief provided by the fact I usually have a large angry boss between your fashion tragedy on wheels and my humble tank god self.

Also now I want pizza.

Dammit Kal.
    CO: @ZandarTheWeeble
    FF XIV: Zandar Casseline on Siren
    PSN: Zandartheweeble
    Origin: Zandar1

Manderville, Manderville, Manderville man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar1 View Post
    Your possession of the aesthetic sense of an incontinent water buffalo only becomes my problem when you're standing and I have to look at you, and not when you're face down on the floor like you normally are, so there's that blessed relief provided by the fact I usually have a large angry boss between your fashion tragedy on wheels and my humble tank god self.
    For some reason the only vision I have in my head now is a rodeo clown, bull and rider running around a ring together....you can place each person where you wish, my mind has already made it's self up.

As for the discord piece, did not mean to open old wounds or stir any controversy, everyone in entitled to their opinion and voice chat of choice in my book.

FINALLY Paddadew Peppers Lyth, yes I have tried them and find them rather tasty. I have not gotten around to placing them on a pizza, although I think you have now forced my hand. I do enjoy them in a good salad or simply as part of an antipasto platter. Pepper + Burrata and a splash of olive oil, could eat them by the handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar1 View Post

Also now I want pizza.

Dammit Kal.

Zandar +1 / Ave -5000

Don't worry Z, now I want pizza too.
    FFXIV: Savannah Cross | Diablo III: Midnight#1397

You have my un-official YES for your improvised war axe

Quote Originally Posted by StevilGenius View Post
    You have my un-official YES for your improvised war axe
    Official or not always good to have a vote of confidence

Unrepentant Social Coordinator Sovya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm gonna go ahead and give you your first YES

yes-unicorn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sovya View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and give you your first YES
    Thank you kindly!

/bow

Gratz on your first YES!

Anth ran with a full Uey group last night, was good times. He's a lil quiet but with Zandar constantly talking he couldnt get a word in edgewise. On a more serious note, he talked, interacted and fit right in. He was willing to run things he'd already done just for the sake of playing with us and helping other peeps get clears, so ima drop mah unofficial YES!even if it makes the Zman vote opposite.....

A final question though from me Anth; I reread your opinion on upcoming changes and I want to throw a question Sage asked in slack at ya....
    Balance between jobs, party uniqueness in composition, job-unique ability.....pick two

<3's,
    ~Ave
    I pirouette in the dark.

Gratz on your first YES!
    Thanks for the grats, and the additional unofficial YES.

A final question though from me Anth; I reread your opinion on upcoming changes and I want to throw a question Sage asked in slack at ya....
    Balance between jobs, party uniqueness in composition, job-unique ability.....pick two

If I had to pick two then I would have to go with Job-Unique Ability and Balance Between Jobs.

You did not as for it but justification is such:

Job-Unique Ability - As I stated in my previous post, the essence of a character comes down to the characters abilities and "kit" and the overall look and feel to give you the class fantasy of that Job. You would not want to see a White Mage spam casting Fire, because "its all magic right??". You also would not want to see a Paladin getting all broody like a Dark Knight. If you start to break down the walls of what Job/Class identity then why have jobs at all? Does this mean that you cannot have abilities that overlap and some that act the same but look and feel different. No I think there is place for that as well, as it is an easy way for devs to attempt to add balance and makes for easier(not instantaneous) adjustments down the road.

Balance Between Jobs - Balance, is an interesting concept, one that every game strides for yet few can ever achieve. There are a few levels when it comes to balance, and as you move up the ranks for "hardcoreness" it become increasingly difficult to balance. The better the player the better they are going to be at playing a job and more likely they are going to skew the charts on balance, but all in all that is a small percentage of players. When looking at balance you need to balance to the majority of players, "normal players". Can they use the class they want in the different aspects of the game and clear content? Mind you there are always going to be players that will only invite the "best of the best", but for the most part if you can queue up get your dungeon/quest/what not done with the class you choose then all good.

Party Uniqueness in Composition - The was the odd question out because when it come down to it for comp in my current level of play, it is more of bring the player rather then the class, if there are 4 Dragoons licking the floor because that is their class of choice, I am okay with that. In every day normal content you should not have to bring the top 1% of classes to clear, because if you are only looking at the top 1% then you also have to consider that the player also has to play the "best class" flawlessly, and when it comes down to it, I would rather have someone bring the class they have fun with and can enjoy the clear the content and the company, rather then the leet damage charts, and the fastest clear of the hardest content. All considered, the traditional jobs roles are needed and have to be taken into account.

Wall of text aside, from what I have seen thus from from the media tour and the live letters I am behind where they are going with the current development. We will not truly know until we can get our hands on it of course. Speculation is ever so much fun though!

*On a side note.....does anyone else have a strange Purple and Pink iridescent, fox/cat haunting their dreams.....

Ehrmahgod I now luv this guy, Sage you have met your match at theorycrafting.

~Ave

P.S. ...just...everything
    Last edited by avedementia; 06-03-2019 at 05:15 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast