View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Antherious - Final Fantasy XIV, consider it a gateway for (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Final Fantasy XIV, consider it a gateway for

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Antherious Valerius

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Yes. Kalaan.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Dumbest thing I ever did was as a manager at GameStop; While in the back room and I will admit may have been a bit heated from a “conversation” with a customer, I was taking a moment and got the bright idea that the security bar used to for the back fire door (yes it could be removed with ease) would make a really good war axe. Well with all my wisdom I decided that I needed to two-hand throw it……and just like a war axe, a very non aerodynamic non-axe axe, it embedded its self into the drywall above the bathroom door.

Bright side is that it must have been made out of ice, because I was no longer “heated”. I promptly pulled it out of the wall, secured it back into place, regretted my actions and returned to work.

I did not know it at the time but I was just preparing me for God of War(PS4) that would come over a decade later.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Coolest job would have to be my current one, work as a Server Admin/Engineer for medium size organization. I am in charge of day to day maintenance of our server infrastructure and planning development of new products/services. There is never a dull day and always constant change that keeps me on my toes and current with technology.

Worst job that I have held down was a Manager at GameStop, 12 years of utter depression and overwork. Don’t get me wrong there were some good times and I had some good laughs. Working retail (or public service) should be a requirement that everyone needs to do in order to learn how to treat people with decency.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Final Fantasy VI – This game is quintessential; Store, Characters and Music one could listen to till the end of time. Plus, sprites seem to age like a fine wine, whereas pixels age like a jar of milk. (Not saying I do not love current day graphics, just they do not age very well)

Doom/Doom2 –What I would have to place as my first introductions to games (Unless you count Hugo’s House of Horror), mindless, gore fest of a shooter that you can really just boot up for 5 minutes to toss away some stress.

Metal Gear Solid 3…er...4, no 5, no 1 (yes even 2). The world that Hideo Kojima was able to build and the sheer story that he created is second to none. Give me a weekend, controller and a bucket of popcorn for the 90 minute cinematics.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    The One Upper: The person that when you are talking or telling a story always have to have that store that one ups yours and is just that much better, they also have a tendency to cut you off as you talk just finishing, because they cannot hold back the glee they have to start their “one up” story.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I think I spend more time in the kitchen cooking and recipe crafting then I do sitting at my computer these days. I may not draw, paint, or perform on stage, but I enjoy cooking as a way to allow my creativity to grow and come to life.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    To be blunt, I have heard good things, and really the chill atmosphere is a great reprieve. Growing older has its toll on time, and when I sit down to game I want to enjoy the time and not feel pressured. I have had my fill of the cutting edge, and gaming as my second job. Give me a good group of people that I can chat and relate with, while still conquering content, and feel like it is a community, and I can call that home.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    1. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

2. No offence meant, any thoughts on an overhaul on the forums/website?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    An Altoids box containing a rubber band, toothpick and an adhesive bandage. Should suffice for any dangerous situation.

Antherious is straight up good people. I've known him since around 2011/2012 when I was the raid leader / main tank of said raid. We both played Jedi Knight tanks and I needed an off tank. I wanted two different classes for MT/OT but I decided to give him a shot. One of the best choices I have ever made as not only is he a great player/tank, he is straight up an amazing human being who is inclusive, considerate of others and is fun to be around. Plus he is a huge Alton Brown fanatic like I am, so how bad can he be?

Just don't ask him about what he cooked for dinner. This will make you hungry and you'll realize your dinner was crap.
    FFXIV: Savannah Cross | Diablo III: Midnight#1397

ah gosh, with the kind word and all, you have me blushing a little.

Very nice app sir! Welcome to the App process, the only grindy and required thing here at Unrepentant...gives us a chance to get to know you and visa versa. It takes a lil while but stick with it and good things are sure to come! Check out the other apps as references if you want, the rejected ones are usually lacking in interaction but there are some very amusing ones in there.

I've had a chance to run with this fellow a month or so back...truthfully I dont remember it but thats a good sign. I usually only tend to remember bad instances. Hope to catch 'em on mumble or in game shortly. Also Monty Python references are the bombdiggity.

Need an inane question to further probe you......whats the most challenging thing you've attempted to cook? Any massive failures?

GL HF hopefully get a chance to talk to you again soon,
    ~Ave
    Last edited by avedementia; 05-28-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    I pirouette in the dark.

Good to hear from you Ave, I do recall running with you and chatting for a few hours about bit ago.

As for most challenging thing that I have cooked, that is a hard question, simply because when planning and prepping for a meal, things can look rather daunting, but the prize has to go to the first Thanksgiving that I hosted for my family.

Prepared the Bird, all the trimmings and dessert for the event, and let me tell you that that first year I was not ready, everything got on the table (except the cranberry sauce; it was made…just got forgotten in the fridge) and the food was enjoyable. Taught me a lot about large multi course meal preps for a horde of people.

I think the first Thanksgiving I started getting things in line maybe a day or so ahead…. not the best planning. When I tackle Thanksgiving nowadays I start to plan at the end of August, get my menu locked in by October and Start prepping things like making stock at the beginning of November. I plan so far out in advanced because I also plan Christmas dinner at the same time.
    Lots of food and lots of work two months in a row. Love every bit of it and usually take time off during Nov and Dec rather then during the summer when sane people do.

As for massive failures, not sure what constitutes massive, but I have definitely had my fair share of failures, before I make a recipe for people outside my household I usually make it 2-3 times here at home before I will make it for others and there have definitely been failures in that process.

As I recall I think there has only been one item that I have thrown out, because it was not even palatable. I was making a quick blackberry/blueberry jam for a Crostada, and ended up making hard candy instead…..the pan was sure fun to clean up.

Hope to catch you around soon!

Antherious

Good to meet you, Antherious!

I'm Zandar, the free company Chief Cat Herder and Battle Chef.

Again, best way to get through the process is to continue to interact with us via your application here, and also in-game on FFXIV so we can say hello and do things.

As a fellow culinarian (both in-game and somewhat less successfully in real life) what's your favorite job in FFXIV (battle or crafting/gathering) and what do you plan to play first in Shadowbringers?
    CO: @ZandarTheWeeble
    FF XIV: Zandar Casseline on Siren
    PSN: Zandartheweeble
    Origin: Zandar1

Manderville, Manderville, Manderville man.

Will definitely be hoping into game to chat with people once I have a chance. Weekdays are usually a bit hectic for me.

Hands down favorite class is Paladin, was the class I played in FFXI and the first one I played in FFXIV also the one I played in WoW, does Jedi Knight in SWTOR count??....I think we all see a pattern here, and I may have issues.

Although I will confess that I did stray away from Paladin for Stormblood and dabbled in Red Mage (which I have outright enjoyed) and Dragoon (will always have a soft pot for Dragoon; I blame FFIV and Kain).

Though all of that I have fought a voice in my head and a natural pull to Paladin, so I have started regress back my Paladin and at this point plan to start with PLD in Shadowbringers.

Still getting back into the swing of things with PLD and tanking, definitely out of practice when it come to tanking in FFXIV.

Good to meet you Zandar and hope that I will be able to catch you online soon.

So, after the impromptu war axe, have you gone to any of the axe throwing places to recreate your story?

I'm glad there are going to be more paladins. Paladin salt seems to be a fuel source for the devs, and maybe the more Pally salt available, the better the content gets. I also think the more derpoons the better, and the closer we get to a 7 derpoon and Zandar party.

Any thoughts on the damage debuff removals?
    Sisko of the U.S.S. Pants Optional

Sad to say I have not attempted to recreate said actions or story, as I am afraid that any establishment would be rather upset if I started tossing axes of any type, impromptu or not in the general direction of their bathroom; I have been told that it is poor form.

As for the damage debuff removals, as far as I am concerned I am good with the removal of the debuff spider web that currently is. I personally never pushed content in FFXIV where having to understand and know the debuff rubric was required.
    There really are two side to the coin:

For people that play casually, it is something that can be easily missed/overlooked and also a barrier to entry for some content. As well, can over complicate a rotation. If the only reason that you have skill is to apply the debuff and they do not stack with the other debuff abilities, this could change depending on the party, and leader of said party.

For the more “hardcore” player it takes a way a layer of complexity, and a piece of personal responsibility.

I have seen in games before when things like this are taken away, there is a crowd of people that will always state that they are making the game stupid proof for the laments. Although true that they are simplifying rotations and abilities, I think there is a point where you have to take a look at bloat and what adding abilities each and every expansion has done to the overall playability of a class, take into account the requirements of each fight, positioning, movement, stacking, ect. In this essence I think it is needed to prune abilities.
    I would not like to see each class only have 6 abilities that are mindlessly press one after another, but I also do not need 4 full bars of abilities, with skills that are so situational that they may or may not be used, and only on a Tuesday that is in the second week of an M month (Might be an over exaggeration).

When looking at abilities and classes it is all about the class fantasy for me, the flow and abilities certainly do help in that immensely. When I am playing a Paladin, I want to feel like a Holy Warrior that has the constitution to stand against any attack and protect all from harm with my shield.

I do believe I digressed a bit, and could continue on, but will leave it for conversation at a later date.

TLDR: Remove the debuff abilities, I am good with it.

and the closer we get to a 7 derpoon and Zandar party.
    No deific or malefic force would do this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast