Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tech Toys

Blog Entries
    It is understood that we already have a Tech n Spec thread, but that's for members only. So I'm creating this as a place where applicants and members alike can geek out together.

So with that I present ... the brand spanking new Stream Deck XL. I got the 15 key Stream Deck for my birthday last month and wish the XL had been available then. A Stream Deck is awesomsauce not just for streaming, but also as a custom cockpit / studio / game control panel keypad. Don't like anything in their myriad button icon graphics selection? Then simply create and import your own 400p x 400p icons from your favorite graphics app like Paint or Photoshop.

Considering Star Citizen? CLICK HERE to use my referral code & get bonus UEC!

looks coool

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    So do you program the keys like a macro or is each key mapped to a program that it launches, or both.

Looks neat, I don't stream but can see other applications for it.

I particularly like being able to map my own icons to it.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huntgod View Post
    So do you program the keys like a macro or is each key mapped to a program that it launches, or both.

Looks neat, I don't stream but can see other applications for it.

I particularly like being able to map my own icons to it.
    Both, depending on what you want. The keys are keybound to whatever function is needed: OS, app, internet ... I can't speak to the XL but with the 15 key Stream Deck I have, all keys can be used for keybindings, or macros, or program/app function calls, or even Internet URLs. And there are a dozen profile stacks available where they can be saved to. So far I have a profile for Elite: Dangerous, Star Citizen, iRacing, PREPAR3D, Project Cars 2 , Civ5 ... and I'm working on one for my Pro Tools DAW. It's an amazeballs push button extra - especially for complex sim and RTS gaming.

Racing and flight sim enthusiasts who are looking for a full cockpit rig should consider getting a less robust one as many non-twitch dashboard / cockpit functions can be offloaded to the Stream Deck - which by virtue of its fully customizable LED icons are super easy to navigate once you have your preferred ergonomics design done.
    Last edited by GalacticKegger; 05-27-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Here's my Elite: Dangerous layout. The Uey icon button is set up to open the OP in our Useful Links thread ... the equivalent of alt-tabbing to the desktop, opening the web browser and navigating to the post ... all in one button push from within the game.

Last edited by GalacticKegger; 05-28-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm very tempted to get one for work, and then map Excel to almost every button (because I'm that guy who would buy a Vette but never go over 45 with it, just to make actual car lovers sad). Except for one button that says TOUCH CHILDREN.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    I'm that guy who would buy a Vette but never go over 45 with it, just to make actual car lovers sad.
    Ooohh, there's a very, very special place in hell for people like you. I hope you enjoy being blocked by a Prius in the fast line driving 20 below the limit for all of eternity.
    TMcMahon.5014 - GW2
    CooteKT#1743 - BNet
    @TMc51 - STO

They say that life's a carousel spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
    The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
    And they'll tell you black is really white, that the moon is just the sun at night
    And when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls
    It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by Tefached View Post
    Ooohh, there's a very, very special place in hell for people like you. I hope you enjoy being blocked by a Prius in the fast line driving 20 below the limit for all of eternity.
    Seconded. Motion sustained.

Blog Entries
    And I would play nothing but yacht rock in the slow Vette.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    I'm that guy who would buy a Vette but never go over 45 with it
    Get a 1975 Vette. I'm not sure they CAN go over 45...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast