View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Dara Loreweaver - Neverwinter, FF XiV, Lotro, Wow, swtor (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter, FF XiV, Lotro, Wow, swtor

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Neverwinter Dara Loreweaver

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    None

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I tried to buy a girl a drink. I guess i wasn't acting like a jackass because she asked me, "You know I am girl right?" (i am male)

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Military 20years vet.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Are these console or PC. If i had to choose I would always be PC as I don't really stick with console games much. I held onto these titles i don't know why. Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls, Naruto, Infamous, and the new Tomb Raider.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    We are still friends (from another guild for another game ) but these things.
    He gets annoyed with things at the drop of a hat. Mention how this new movie was great or that you liked it, he immediately hates the movie or wont go see it. He takes his times seeing movies so you can never chat about them. If you happen to prove him wrong about something he gets very upset and doubles down on whatever the argument was.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I don't know "whats cool about me" I am loyal to a fault. IF i am cool would be something you notice about me.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Didn't know you were a gaming community. Just saw you guys on the find a guild feature in Neverwinter.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    1. Do you guys mentor new players or do you just group together and get your stuff.
    2. Are there "cliques"?
    3. very strict with members doing things together?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Master Sword's base form, and after the long journey or quest, it will be at its final completed form.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Welcome to The Process, Dara Loreweaver!!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
    4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

To answer your question/statement: Yes, we are a community of gamers with a focus on the person, I think, would be a good way to present it. Lots of us join up having played games and then stray away to just hang out and chat and then go back to a game for a while and then move on again to another or just chill w/out a game for a while. We don't have any requirements for playing a specific game for X amount of time or running raids or being uber 1337 guys. We "do" have some pretty heavy hitters in NW but by no means do we force any one to do anything. Except sorta during the app process, interact with those in whatever your chosen game is, hit up the forums that you've access to, slack/discord/mumble, etc. Poke at people and say HEY go lookit my app.

I don't think we have any cliques. We have quite a large number of members and there are those of us that get a specific set of people we tend to game with or get involved with from various games but I've always seen everyone be welcoming of any one new. Except pfloyd, that guys a real jerk....

For mentoring I know that when I've had newbs under me I'd gear them as best I can and i've always had good fun running with the higher level guys in the bigger games. We like to keep everyone happy and having fun, thats the main goal.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

That's cool. Its just the last guild i was in, on Swtor, slowly dwindled to real life issues or they went to another game. OUt of the core members there is like only 3 of us. 1 guy is busy in real life, and the other has finacial/moody issues with games sometimes so him playing is always an issue sometimes. We still all chat on Disord just to keep intouch. The clique statement comes from join guilds in the past and it was usually the people you know you stick with, and unless the new person is "awesome" they don't really do things together. Im usually a fly on the wall for those situations. I've played NEver winter on an off since MoonElves were the "new thing". I usually play until i get bored with doing only the stuff i feel comfortable with. I hope that changes with an active guild. The Guild my SW is in is pretty much dead. I applied to you guise with my Cleric i leveled up. Still little weirded out with the mod 16 changes. I still play my SW with some ease.

Welcome to the app process! What game are you spending your time on at the moment? The thing that makes this process move along the best is getting together with us in game so knowing where you are likely to be is helpful for us.

Right now...I am back into Neverwinter. I took a break from Swtor and Wow. There was a time I was playing DCUO. Mostly lost interest with some due to solo playing. Dead guilds, people leaving because they hate the direction the game has went or is going too.

Hai Hai & Hello! I see you've been inducted into the trials of absentmindedplications! Welcome, it's not too often we get an apper with a ffxiv tag affixed =). As Battlebovine stated lots of peeps tend to wax and wane b/w some games for which we have multiple branches for. I usually hang around ffxiv and you should toooootally stop by, especially with the expansion comin' soon. We have several top enders that can definitely help out if you are in the mood for some mentorin too. Only requirement is you must roll a derpoon and pay homage to our fc-leader retainer look-alike....not really but stop by and say hi sometime! (we are on siren but they recently came out with the server port thingy so you can visit us even if you arent on siren =) )

On to your app! It could use a 'lil flushin' out, like I'd like to hear the rest of your funny story? Did you retort? Shyly back away? With much gusto and bravado order rounds of Jager and Goldschlagger for the bar? Give us more of your personality plz =)..... only Zandar and Pfloyd bite...well a few other people too.

Ok ezpz standardized first question, fav author and why, also opinions on this years summer colors? wish there were more princess blues and less pepper stem...

Good Luck Have Fun and Remember Lalas are for eatin' not gamin',
    ~Ave
    Last edited by avedementia; 05-15-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    I pirouette in the dark.

For my story, I just simply assured her I knew she was a girl and bought the drink. This is before I knew the scam. Couples come to the club....have a table or such, and the guy sends the girl to get the drinks, cause usually some guy who doesn't know...ie me. Will by her a drink. I will give you guys a visit on FF, but I may have fallen behind playing other games. I am never "the elder(all geared out waiting for just raids or helping the occasional guildie). So when I play some of these games...I try to catch up and then get burned out. As for my favorite Author, that would be R.A Salvatore. A friend from HS introduced me to him by way of the Dark Elf Trilogy. I fell out of touch or fell behind the story after the whole Underdark trilogy.

Oh...as for personality. I think I am the easy going guy. I can get upset or annoyed if picked on. Usually, you will notice me changing the subject, and the person continues on the subject. In the guild...I am not currently powerful, but I do what I can to help others out.

Salvatore is a solid choice =) is that what drew you to Neverwinter? Hopefully I don't come across as pickin on you, we have a wide range of personalities in the U. You mentioned power in your guild, we have ufficers and rainbow colored people that do all the stuff we lazy red names dun wanna (and get picked on for it), is that something you strive for or are looking for in a guild/gaming group?

~Ave

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Salvatore is indeed a good choice. If you ever get a chance to listen to The Legend of Drrzt, which is a collection of short stories involving various folks from that world, you should. There are a ton of guest VoiceActors like Weird al, Wheaton, Ice-T, etc and it just makes it amazing. As far as the Drritz books in general I got up to the Legacy of the Drow before I got burnt out. I suspect it'll get revisisted but one can only listen to tales of slashy slashy and obvious battle outcomes for so long.

Do you bounce between genres or stick with one in particular?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast