View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: tample - Neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Tample_II

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Most embarassing, lets see. I got pulled over by a town cop, arrested, hauled to jail, my car towed, you know the whole 9 yards. After we get back to the station, they actually look at it and realize, yea Im not 6 foot 2 and african american. Needless to say, I was a little heated. Its been several years now, so its just funny at this point

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Hands down coolest job, Army. Cause...yea where else do you get to jump out of blackhawks and airplanes for no good reason. Worst job....hard to say., Ive been pretty happy with work

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    lets see, Diablo....cause well, Diablo. Everquest, not the garbage eq2, the original everquest, pre kunark. and star wars galaxoes, before the NGE

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    millenials, all of them

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I am an amazing cook. No really...I did smoked salmon today for dinner.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I saw you guys in Neverwinter, and read up on you

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    -

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    He hands you an Iron coin, so you can get the faceless man to help you.

Unrepentant Social Coordinator Sovya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there tample, welcome to The U process!

It gives us a chance to get to know you, but it also gives you a chance to get to know us! The ones (like me) that have yellow names are the ones who decide your fate, but really everyone has a say in it. You need 4 yes votes to get in. Make sure that you connect with us in game, on mumble/slack/discord, and stay active here as well so we can all get to know each other.

On the flip side of that 3 no votes is a hard pass. There are exemptions to this, if it ends up being a no for inactivity then once you are active again, we can try again; if life is just a huge bitch and gets in the way, just let us know and we put your application on hold until you are ready to come back.

One thing I can suggest is to flesh out your app a little more. Why did you pick those games as ones you will always come back to? Good story line? Good memories? All of the above? Let us know!

You are a good cook, show us some pictures of your awesome creations!!

Why are millenials so annoying?? Is it that they except everything for free? Or that they ruined Blockbuster??

Hello, and welcome to the app process. Out of curiosity, why the bile against all millenials?

Haha, good question about the millennial. I am an engineering professor so the vast majority of the students I deal with on a day to day are in the age range of 18-30. Im just not a huge fan of the way that they handle work, responsibility or a slew of other things. Not saying their all bad, but its a pretty good percentage are about as useful as two left shoes.

As far as the cooking, the plan is to smoke a pork butt after work tomorrrow, will upload some pics of that. I lost my good photos in a recent phone related incident(mainly I forgot the recovery email lol)

Ha. I'm an engineering professional who finished his degree a mere 3 years ago. And not a millennial. I understand completely, though there are still some dedicated ones on my campus.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Tample! What is it about Diablo, you enjoyed so much about it? I've looked at it, but never really tried it before and put hours into.
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Are there are pub games you play? I've a big fan of co-op pubs, especially with drinking involved.

App is definitely thin, but good to see some progress being made on filling in the blanks here!

An engineering prof... interesting. I had an English prof who drew the short straw and had to do the "English for Engineers" course one year. It was... not his favorite.

And if you're not a 6'2" black man - how far off from that are you? 6'3"? 5'0"? White? Purple?

And, uh, from the Army to professor... how'd that path go? What'd you do in the military? Any good stories? Any good "my god, I can't believe students are this dumb" stories?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Diablo! Which of the demon boss fights just always makes you excited? For me I think my fave will always be Diablo2 and Durial. I don't know why but that fight was always so much fun to me, especially when you started doing the insane hard modes and he starts spewing poison or other elements that almost always insta kills you.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

How long were you in the Army? Did you join right after high school? What did you end up doing in the Army?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast