View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: App: meanie - Neverwinter (4/0)

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Pinball! Do you prefer physical machines or are you playing on the PC/console? Do you have an absolute favorite?? Ever been the pinball museum out in vegas?! That place is an effin blast. We had a celebration there with the guild last year and it was bloody amazing.

As far as rando game goes we are certainly a group of schizos when it comes to game focus. We've our core folks that focus on one or two games and then people that bounce among whatever and then folks that just chill. As a whole WoW and NW are pretty much the top ones IMHO followed by some minecraft (various servers get stood up) and ARK. Lots of others though
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Back from actual use of PTO and avoiding of computers...

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnel View Post
    whoa... whoa WHOA!!

now, as a gwf soon to be a barbarian who swings Le Big Sword, doesn't the daily smash-sumpin excite you?

that is what works for me.

On this lost keys story... I assume hubster got The Wife Eye and a stern lecture on not putting the laundry away? And who did put the towels away?

I use the rule first postulated in the movie Steel Magnolias.. "It I do THAT I will have to deal with my wife, and I make it a point to never have to deal with my wife".

Better to put a bit of laundry away then deal with the consequences of not putting it away.

Anywho.. if you have not gotten an guild invite yet , once in game type /channel_join Uey and ask for an invite.

we can setup you up as the usual recruit status.

Now, excuse me whilst I tend to my baby pig, aka shoat, before I go smash sumpin. (in-game comp companion)

I'm usually MEH about being the big sword holder, unless it's LOTR, Warden's ridiculous kunami-code-style playstyle amuses the heck out of me. I prot paladin raid tanked for a bit in TBC (WoW), back when there was a running joke that you could safely eat a sandwich and prot paladin tank. Can verify that you could eat a bowl of cereal without the raid finding out or causing any wipes, not even any angry IMs from your healer.

I eventually put the towels away. Months passed. Cue eye rolling at all the in-laws who lecture"d" about my housekeeping. There's something weirdly invisible about a stack of folded, clean laundry -- nobody seems to notice that they *should* do something about it. LOVE the Steel Magnolia quote, though.

Have a guild invite, and recruit status! I usually pop on for a short bit weeknights, late-ish PST. Also WE CAN HAVE PIGS?!?! I have a battle puppy, but that's a fightin' pet and not a pet pet. Gonna have to try to get a jobless companion now!

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Pinball! Do you prefer physical machines or are you playing on the PC/console? Do you have an absolute favorite?? Ever been the pinball museum out in vegas?! That place is an effin blast. We had a celebration there with the guild last year and it was bloody amazing.

As far as rando game goes we are certainly a group of schizos when it comes to game focus. We've our core folks that focus on one or two games and then people that bounce among whatever and then folks that just chill. As a whole WoW and NW are pretty much the top ones IMHO followed by some minecraft (various servers get stood up) and ARK. Lots of others though
    Literally the only thing I really enjoy doing on ARK is borrowing someone's T-Rex for meat farming. I will gladly spend 20 minutes wrecking every living thing on a planet with a hungry T-Rex. (If they've nerfed that and you can't do it anymore, I'm sad and not at all sorry for the times I destroyed an entire island worth of animals with angry T-Rex.) I had a Pterodactyl named Petri when I played last, but I flew him rather drunkenly and never quite got the hang of it.

RE: Pinball questions -- I am *not* good at pinball, I just enjoy it. I work tech, so I have seen comically high scores on pinball machines, and know I'm not knocking down those leaderboards. I'm not even trying. I'm just trying to stay alive for a little bit! I used to play a lot of Microsoft Pinball Arcade, way back when that was on everyone's Windows machine, and thought I was good. I'll also play some Roller Coaster Tycoon pinball, the ramp up is pretty satisfying.

I don't play Minecraft, the last time I tried to play I literally fell asleep 'playing'. I got Portal Knights as a random Christmas gift, and have started enjoying it.. not sure what exactly the difference is there, other than that Portal Knights has some pre-defined quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1980 View Post
    its a plus from me that you said pinball, I still love to play. Whats your highest score? Welcome to the app process, good luck! Whats your fav drink?
    Answered the pinball question, kind of (my highest score isn't low enough to make it on the boards anywhere, I'm just there to make the machine go boop and beep.)
    Fav drink.. boozy or non-boozy? Fav boozy drink was something I tried at a now-gone restaurant in South Carolina, it was smooth whiskey and some fancy local cherry liqueur, with a long piece of orange peel so you smelled that as you got a sip. It was lovely. Non-boozy drink, old fashioned root beer. We had some of the actual root growing near my grandparents' as a kid, I want root beer that smells like *that*. I'm not a root beer hipster or anything, I accidentally drink fresh A&W pretty darn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Krishach View Post
    My personal opinion on the asshole policy? No, not really, unless you count the jaded like myself. There are some rejected applications that can confirm this, one in particular from someone I knew before UEY, who show some elevated intelligence, and still had something that bothered folks. Its not a perfect process, but the 2nd best way to understand who the UEY likes and who they don't are to comb through accepted and rejected apps.

1st best way is to game with us. Any side/pug games you play? I'm still doing Vermintide 2 and Helldivers regularly, but always on the look out for a co-op PUG.
    I play a lot of Switch games lately, they're easy to pause & be interrupted on without losing hours of effort, and I can physically relax while playing them. I'm making a conscious effort to not play things where I'll get competitive and serious about what I'm doing, then get snappy at people IRL because someone wanted water or the dryer beeped or whatever life thing is happening. And if I stay up after everyone else is asleep, I really don't need myself all adrenaline'd up and unable to stop playing or fall asleep. My sleep hygiene is pretty darn terrible right now, I'm supposed to be working on it, avoiding things that trigger my one-more-turn / one-more-quest habits is a must. I'm no good on 1-3 hours of sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by meanie View Post
    Back from actual use of PTO and avoiding of computers...

I'm usually MEH about being the big sword holder, unless it's LOTR, Warden's ridiculous kunami-code-style playstyle amuses the heck out of me. I prot paladin raid tanked for a bit in TBC (WoW), back when there was a running joke that you could safely eat a sandwich and prot paladin tank. Can verify that you could eat a bowl of cereal without the raid finding out or causing any wipes, not even any angry IMs from your healer.

I eventually put the towels away. Months passed. Cue eye rolling at all the in-laws who lecture"d" about my housekeeping. There's something weirdly invisible about a stack of folded, clean laundry -- nobody seems to notice that they *should* do something about it. LOVE the Steel Magnolia quote, though.

Have a guild invite, and recruit status! I usually pop on for a short bit weeknights, late-ish PST. Also WE CAN HAVE PIGS?!?! I have a battle puppy, but that's a fightin' pet and not a pet pet. Gonna have to try to get a jobless companion now!
    Oh Man.... TBC , Prot pally tanking, and Shattered halls.

I got really really good at tanking Shattered Halls, karazhan 1.0, Slave Pens, and Underbog.

Did not do so well in Gruuls Lair nor in Magtheridons Lair.

The long pull/hallway in Shattered halls is where i made my tank reputation. Seems like I aggroed every orc on Hellfire Peninsula, and they could NOT damage me. When we finished that particular pull, had 20-30 orcs laying around in heaps.

It was glorious!!

Good times, Meanie.. good friggin times!

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    As far as I know Rexes are still good destroyer of things and stuff, cept gigas. F running across a wild giga, those things will just devastate any and everything with that blasted bleed effect. At least in vanilla. With mods and taming of the Wyverns one can take down a giga with lightning or other elemental attack semi safely.

One day we'll be able to simply PRINT our own pinball cabinet with a fridge size 3d printer stashed in the garage. That day I am eagerly looking forward too, though I may not be around long enough to see it used fully. Same with VR. Where's my tactile suit and smello-vision?

Quote Originally Posted by meanie View Post
    Also WE CAN HAVE PIGS?!?! I have a battle puppy, but that's a fightin' pet and not a pet pet. Gonna have to try to get a jobless companion now!
    Those kind of companions are called augments in Neverwinter. They still count as having a companion summoned, but they somewhat serve as a stat pet in that they "augment" your stats.

They also cannot die and do not attack.

There are several kinds of augments, including several from the "ohh.. how cute" sort of pets. You can have a goat that faints, a cat, a chicken, a goldfish in a round globe, and the previousy mentioned baby shoat.

There about 8 versions of Ioun stones which are augments, that just circle your head.

Dogs are always attack pets.

In the new Mod 16 which drops on the 24th, the new protocol seems to be use a attack/defend pet for solo play, and switch to an augent for group content.

I think the baby shoat is a bind to account pet from the far east new year celebration, but most of the reminaing augment style pets can be found on the Auction House.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited by Inconnel; 04-07-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    As far as I know Rexes are still good destroyer of things and stuff, cept gigas. F running across a wild giga, those things will just devastate any and everything with that blasted bleed effect. At least in vanilla. With mods and taming of the Wyverns one can take down a giga with lightning or other elemental attack semi safely.

One day we'll be able to simply PRINT our own pinball cabinet with a fridge size 3d printer stashed in the garage. That day I am eagerly looking forward too, though I may not be around long enough to see it used fully. Same with VR. Where's my tactile suit and smello-vision?
    I can do without smello-vision, but the tactile suit would be GREAT. As long as it isn't the silly sci-fi version that required dildos. Every time I play with an Oculus or similar tech, I'm hopeful and imagining super cool immersive realistic VR and we're just technologically.. not.. there yet. At a minimum, we need faster internet slash better compression. One thing I take a little too seriously from Snow Crash's making fun of the VR story genre, giant ads everywhere in your face in VR--don't goal your ads teams on just views, friends! (I ranted a little, I'm not deleting the rant because the point of this random thread is to see what I'm like, so the little-too-real rant stays!)

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnel View Post
    I think the baby shoat is a bind to account pet from the far east new year celebration, but most of the reminaing augment style pets can be found on the Auction House.
    I need a shoat. I hope that thing comes back, or goes on the real-money-store. Do you hear that, Arc? I will part with real currency for shoat jokes!

Update: I have done 'research' (a google search), and realized the shoat is a boar. I thought it was a sheep+goat. WTB sheep+goat minipet!

ok. unofficial and all that..

Unoffical YES, from the smelly gwf/barbarian segment, meaning me.

Anyone that wants to spend real money on a pixelated sheep and a pixelated striped baby shoat is ok in my book.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast