View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: App: meanie - Neverwinter (4/0)

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Baby shoat, doo doo doo! Baby shoat, doot doot doot!

I agree on the VR and ads thing. Futurama really nailed that on the head with how I'm afraid it'll end up being once things are truly immersive like that. What with our devices listening to us now and pushing ads after simply (Mommy Shoat, doo doo doo) having a conversation with my Wife about something its kinda terrifying. Though I realize there's been 'listening' tech since the 70s at least. Just annoying but that gets into CRaP territory so I'll shoosh on that.

And yep, think I'll add the next Official Yes. Good interactions and folks seem to like ya
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    I agree on the VR and ads thing. Futurama really nailed that on the head with how I'm afraid it'll end up being once things are truly immersive like that. What with our devices listening to us now and pushing ads after simply (Mommy Shoat, doo doo doo) having a conversation with my Wife about something its kinda terrifying. Though I realize there's been 'listening' tech since the 70s at least. Just annoying but that gets into CRaP territory so I'll shoosh on that.
    The one time I got seriously freaked out and thought I'd been eavesdropped on or something, I asked about the ad's targeting and turns out I'm just a basic bitch. It was kids' socks. Totally purchased them, then was very amused that I'd been paranoid by an ad that had been blasted out like flyers in a walmart parking lot.

Alexa asked me the other day if I wanted to reorder my favorite candy, I felt so called out. Stupid pattern-finding in previous orders.

Anytime you start to feel too big-brother-is-watching, I suggest reading my favorite diatribe on the state of the internet: https://www.stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks I've basically turned into "Somewhere there’s a database programmer surrounded by empty Mountain Dew bottles whose husband thinks she’s dead."

Unrepentant Social Coordinator Sovya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Goona go ahead and give you your third YES. One more to go!!!

Good interaction all around, lots of unofficial yes'ing, more official yes's....

YES

Welcome to the U, meanie!
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron-tonian View Post
    Good interaction all around, lots of unofficial yes'ing, more official yes's....

YES

Welcome to the U, meanie!
    Oooh, I'm official! Is there a handshake?

We had an "offisite" for my work team today, and I'm calling it a day after stabbing myself in the hands a few times with tiny pieces of stained glass (but my tile is going to be the PRETTIEST unicorn, I am so excited). If anyone o/ at me in Discord, I'm around actively distracting myself from the tendency to overwork.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Congrats! welcome to the Community
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Quote Originally Posted by meanie View Post
    Smol is a silly internet slang for very cute and very small animals, like this lil guy:

I'm not heavily looking for game specifics, just people to chill with while focusing on pixels to try to win rewards which are also in pixels. I've been in super serious treat-it-like-a-job raiding guilds previously, back when I had more free time and less tedious adulting to do, and not anywhere near looking for that action. I can cheer people on, and if I bother gearing up a healer I can pitch hit, but I'm not in the stage of mcdvoice my life where I can be online at 7 sharp and play uninterrupted for 3-4 hours, not to mention the pre-raid grinding. I don't even level tanks anymore because I don't like the idea of someone waiting for me to log on so they can play.

Great-grandmother has five great grand-daughters. She got around a lot less than Richard III! I haven't bothered doing genealogy prior to the trail of tears, I'm probably not related to anyone historically distant and fancy.

I'm all about the pedantic jokes. Technically correct is the best kind of correct.
    Me too want that hehe
    Last edited by gandrew; 07-13-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4