View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: meanie - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Mika Stalkingwolf

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Dumbest -- sat a stack of clean towels down on top of my keys when my phone rang. I was heavily nesting (cleaning because I was really close to going into labor. It's a thing.) I couldn't find the keys. Husband came to get me after I looked for an hour because he wanted me to do a thing, my water broke, the darn keys stayed missing for the next three months. I was recovering from an emergency c-sec and nobody else bothered putting away the stack of clean towels. For three months. (Plenty of people lectured me on losing my keys or poked around the house looking for them, though!)

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Current job. Heavy learning curve, I can fix things that are broken and irritating me, my teammates are genuinely chill/kind people. Working in an environment where people don't listen to your ideas or get irritated when you don't "know your place" and fix a bug outside your "area" is basically the worst.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Stardew Valley, super calming and keep coming back to it.
    Pinball. I just love pinball, there's no logical reason for the happiness around a game where you lose quickly and never really 'progress'.
    TSW. It's a guilty pleasure, as long as it's still around I'll hop on and hope there's a new storyline to poke through and solve mysteries on.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    The person who schedules 1:1 meetings to "understand your suggestions better" before a group meeting, then takes credit for all your ideas. And since they presented it first, everyone assumes it's their idea and says you're being petty if you get upset. That guy is a jerk.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    My great-grandmother is in a Life photo of the dust bowl. (No photo, it's pretty easy to trace back from that photo to me and I'd like a little of my internet anonymity illusion here.)

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Because when I decide to pull a Let's Play and do another random game, I'll know peeps there immediately.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you agree with the No Asshole Rule premise that a 'genius' personality who is toxic is a net negative for a team/org because of the effect of their personality on the team/org, or the brilliant asshole premise that someone with a certain level of individual effectiveness/productivity/[dps] should be accommodated regardless of their interpersonal skills?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A smol pet. It's spooky and dangerous in there, I'll need something to keep my spirits up! Besides, I agree with the ancient Greeks -- you'll fight like hell if it's to protect someone you love.

Welcome to the app process.

I dont play NW so will leave someone from that branch to fill you in on any game specifics but I can give you some info about the community in general; and that's the first thing. We are a gaming community not just a set of in game guilds or groups. While you are applying in WoW you can join any game as a member or probie and many of the people you will interact with will only be in this thread or the other public forums. You will need to get 4 yes votes to be fully accepted but 3 No votes will see the application declined. Its worth 10 minutes to look through other accepted/rejected apps; if you do you will see most rejected apps are through inactivity in the application. We use the application process to get to know applicants and for them to see if they like us.

A smol pet? Is that like semi mobile organic lifeform? Or just two typos?

How many great granddaughters does your great grandmother have? personally I am related to Richard III (probably).

Asshole rule or brilliant asshole rule? The former I think, I prefer to play the supercilious, pedantic asshole myself and there is never room for 2 assholes.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Smol is a silly internet slang for very cute and very small animals, like this lil guy:

I'm not heavily looking for game specifics, just people to chill with while focusing on pixels to try to win rewards which are also in pixels. I've been in super serious treat-it-like-a-job raiding guilds previously, back when I had more free time and less tedious adulting to do, and not anywhere near looking for that action. I can cheer people on, and if I bother gearing up a healer I can pitch hit, but I'm not in the stage of my life where I can be online at 7 sharp and play uninterrupted for 3-4 hours, not to mention the pre-raid grinding. I don't even level tanks anymore because I don't like the idea of someone waiting for me to log on so they can play.

Great-grandmother has five great grand-daughters. She got around a lot less than Richard III! I haven't bothered doing genealogy prior to the trail of tears, I'm probably not related to anyone historically distant and fancy.

I'm all about the pedantic jokes. Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Quote Originally Posted by meanie View Post
    Smol is a silly internet slang for very cute and very small animals, like this lil guy:

I'm not heavily looking for game specifics, just people to chill with while focusing on pixels to try to win rewards which are also in pixels. I've been in super serious treat-it-like-a-job raiding guilds previously, back when I had more free time and less tedious adulting to do, and not anywhere near looking for that action. I can cheer people on, and if I bother gearing up a healer I can pitch hit, but I'm not in the stage of my life where I can be online at 7 sharp and play uninterrupted for 3-4 hours, not to mention the pre-raid grinding. I don't even level tanks anymore because I don't like the idea of someone waiting for me to log on so they can play.

Great-grandmother has five great grand-daughters. She got around a lot less than Richard III! I haven't bothered doing genealogy prior to the trail of tears, I'm probably not related to anyone historically distant and fancy.

I'm all about the pedantic jokes. Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

I want one lol

Hey welcome!!!! what aspect of Neverwinter brings you the most pleasure?

How does you smol get around? How does he get to the trolls' tender and juicy bits?

And - nudge nudge - have you thought of getting an avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesjesus90 View Post
    Hey welcome!!!! what aspect of Neverwinter brings you the most pleasure?
    There was a 3rd wall joke where a seer said she couldn't work with my character anymore because "a hand of blood and bone guides you" and I almost died laughing. I'm rather fond of the random nerdy jokes I've stumbled into so far.

whoa... whoa WHOA!!

now, as a gwf soon to be a barbarian who swings Le Big Sword, doesn't the daily smash-sumpin excite you?

that is what works for me.

On this lost keys story... I assume hubster got The Wife Eye and a stern lecture on not putting the laundry away? And who did put the towels away?

I use the rule first postulated in the movie Steel Magnolias.. "It I do THAT I will have to deal with my wife, and I make it a point to never have to deal with my wife".

Better to put a bit of laundry away then deal with the consequences of not putting it away.

Anywho.. if you have not gotten an guild invite yet , once in game type /channel_join Uey and ask for an invite.

we can setup you up as the usual recruit status.

Now, excuse me whilst I tend to my baby pig, aka shoat, before I go smash sumpin. (in-game comp companion)

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

its a plus from me that you said pinball, I still love to play. Whats your highest score? Welcome to the app process, good luck! Whats your fav drink?

My personal opinion on the asshole policy? No, not really, unless you count the jaded like myself. There are some rejected applications that can confirm this, one in particular from someone I knew before UEY, who show some elevated intelligence, and still had something that bothered folks. Its not a perfect process, but the 2nd best way to understand who the UEY likes and who they don't are to comb through accepted and rejected apps.

1st best way is to game with us. Any side/pug games you play? I'm still doing Vermintide 2 and Helldivers regularly, but always on the look out for a co-op PUG.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast