View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: SunkenKiss - Neverwinter (4/0) (reactivated)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    SunkenKiss

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I farted in a safety meeting at work...

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    My current job. I build drilling tools for the oil rigs. Not small tools, but the actual ones that go downhole to drill out the oil. Biggest tool ive build was a 10,000 pound shock tool.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    StarCraft (the original, not brod war).. No need to explain why.

Diablo. All of them. Played since the first. Hated in Diablo 3 that they took out the skill tree...but came to my senses and played it anyways.

Neverwinter... I've been playing since day 1, and put about 1000$ into the game... gone a little too far to back out now... Am'I'right?

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    People don't annoy me.... I annoy them. JK. Don't have anyone to mention.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Im a animator.
    My mother was one too. She was a lead animator for the show "The Racoons".
    My boyfriend and I have our own gaming room in our apartment. Decked out with 2 gaming PC's, a TV with old nostalgic consoles, and some new, an oculus rift, LoZ posters EVERYWHERE; including TONS of memorabilia (I am a bit of a fan of LoZ), comics and more. lol.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I like a challenge.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Did I pass?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A Wooden Sword..... And why? Because Legend Of Zelda is the shit. No meme needed for that answer... unless that's what you were looking for, then I would refer to the " Star Bomb" Song lol.... haha.

Welcome to The Process - as I mentioned in Uey-chat, it's pretty simple. Hang out with us in game, and here, and we'll talk, and get to know each other. It's kinda like a first date...and no, I don't put out. Eventually, people with yellow, green, or purple names will start throwing in votes. Members with red names don't get 'official' votes, but if someone is speaking up one way or the other, it definitely weighs on the decision. Once you have 4 YES votes, you're in. 3 NO votes, and we go our separate ways. While I can't give you any surefire advice on what will get you a yes vote, I can say this - most rejected applications are from people who don't revisit their application, and it goes stale, and discarded. So STAY ACTIVE - here and in-game.

Now, your most embarrassing moment - your work in the oilfield, and you expect me to believe a fart is embarrassing? I'm gonna need more details on just what made that so terrible. It's not exactly an area known for it's delicate sensibilities.

And the fact that your mom animated that show is worth bonus points. Non-Canucks won't get it, but I sure as hell do.

When did you first start playing the Zelda games?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

You are right. I do work in the oilfield and while you would think that the fart would not be so embarrassing.... It was. I am one of 3 females in my shop. Thats it. Rest is male. Male's believe woman dont fart. So when I did, it was like a gunshot had just went off and everyone stopped talking. The dude beside me gave me this look like I had just killed his dog, and then laughed. Next thing I know, I have everyone laughing at me. Worst part.... I had tuna the night before. The smell....well..... it sucked. Needless to say, I managed to get some fist pumps from some of the dudes.... My two other female coworkers now are not afraid to fart in front of the males.... So, I guess it was a win/win. Still embarrassed the F$%# out of me.

Yep. She was the lead animator for "Bert". She Lived in Calgary during the time of the show. Between 1986-1988. The year I was born was when she left the animation.
    My real name is "Mellisa". I am named after one of the Racoons. Only Canucks will understand that. LOL
    I always Hated Sneer growing up. When my mom told me she helped with some of the animations, I slightly hated her for a bit LOL. (Keep in mind, when I "hated" I was a young pre-teen who hated life).
    There is so much I can say about my mom when it comes to her animation. Id have you for days. Currently now, she is doing portraits and is designing Marvel posters for family and friends.

I started Zelda almost when it first came out. First game was for the Original Nintendo. "Legend of Zelda" (The Gold Cartridge) and " A Link to the Past" (The Silver Cartridge). My father wanted a boy, so generally; being the first born; He got me into all the "Boy Stuff". I was fixing cars, hunting and video gaming at the age of 4 LOL. The best Zelda game is Ocarina of time. Beat it many times, and also have a real ceramic Ocarina in my house..... and yes, I do play it. I have 3 Zelda tattoo's amist my 60+ tattoos lol. I am constantly being commented on with my Zelda ink as I have them in the most open places on my body LOL ( I also Designed one of them). I collect Zelda items as well. Its all over my house, and my car. LoZ was my escape growing up. Whenever I was bullied, I would go to my Nintendo, put in the cartridge and just play. Little tid bit fact, I know almost all the Zelda songs. I hum them sometimes without even knowing LOL.

I got a chance to run with Missy in Barovia last night. We ran some hunts, killed a Night Terror, and overall had a good time. Tron, Missy, and myself all hooked up in discord. These guys had me rolling in laughter!! I don't normally cast a vote this early in the application process, but this time I'm going to drop an unofficial YES​.

Quote Originally Posted by StevilGenius View Post
    I got a chance to run with Missy in Barovia last night. We ran some hunts, killed a Night Terror, and overall had a good time. Tron, Missy, and myself all hooked up in discord. These guys had me rolling in laughter!! I don't normally cast a vote this early in the application process, but this time I'm going to drop an unofficial YES​.
    -- blows whistle --

FOUL, Stevilgenius ...

pre-mature yes...

Oh wait. that may be a general gender problem ..

-- picks up flag --

Man, I worked in the oil biz about 25 yrs ago. I did the CAD draftsman/engr thing. Way too many times getting drawings done so we could get something tested and built and shipped on time.

Did wellheads myself, with an emphasis onn the subsea/offshore stuff. Nothing says challenging like 15K psi and sour well fluids to boot.

Any one project that your are most proud of? anything come to mind that afterwords.. you were thankful that it actuall worked?

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

Our Shop mainly does ground well; however, we do have a couple offshore rigs in PEI that we service some of there Lubricated Bumper Subs for. Those are massive. 40 feet long and weight close to 3 tons. Not fun moving off a flatbead truck with a 5 ton overhead crane.

I am constantly building Shock tools and Agitators. Those are my favourite. I love when a tool comes back and it passes inpection and you do a fist pump in the air cause you know you build that tool and it came back used and good.

My favourite tool I worked on; as well as my most proud moment; Was a 8" Shock Tool. The components in themselves weigh close to 400-500 pounds a piece, The Splined Mandrel is a Whopping 1 ton. So I had to crane them to the torque master and assemble the tool in there. I had to get the max Torque up to over 60,000. Was intense. I then tested it and the tester got up to max compression of over 100,000 psi, which is a passing test. So, made mee super happy. I am a small-ish gal, so building something of that size, all by myself, was amazing.

I am thankful everyday. In the line of work I do, a lot can go wrong. Working around heavy machinery is sometimes scary, but with hard work, comes great fun. I am content and happy with the life I lead because of my job. Ive had a few people raise their eyebrows at me as I am a female "in a mans world" but....pardon my French *Fuck them*…. I love getting my hands dirty and working for what I want. Which is to be happy.

Hey guys and gals.
    Was great hanging out with you, but I am respectfully backing out of this application and guild.
    I am looking for a more active, and social guild.
    But to the ones I have met so far, and the ones I have gained friendship with, YOU ROCK!
    Anywho! Going out for a rip with my 2'6 in hand, and my timmies in the other! Only got it for a loonie, there bud!

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    I'm sad to see you leave the app process as things were looking good. We've had a bit of a rough time as of late with life n crap getting in the way. If you'd like to pick things back up please feel free to come back! I'll move this to rejected for now. We can move it back out easily though!
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Sunkenkiss PMd me she's coming back so pullin this one back over. WELCOME BACK!

Cyril approves of your choice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast