View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: JonPatrick99 - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Mialee

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Probably the dumbest thing I have done as an adult would have to be in the first semester of college. I am from a college town, so I went to the college that was in my city. Doing this, I knew a lot of people that were at least 21 that could buy alcohol for my friends and I. With this, every other day, my friends and I would throw major parties with like 50 people showing up to each of those parties. And since I was partying every other night, as you could have guessed, my grades slipped. I got academic probation my first semester of college and had to repeat most of my classes I took the following semester. Luckily, that didn't set me behind because of the extra credits from high school. But the reason why it was so dumb, is because I wasted about 10,000 dollars XD.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest job I ever had was probably Kmart. I know that the person/ people that is reading this already got bored from that answer, but let me tell you why it was cool. Kmart was closing in my town, so we had to prepare for closing the store down. This meant, tearing down the counters and various other stuff. Which leads to sledge hammers. I became a supervisor in my last few months there, so I was able to lead some of the newbies in how to tear down counters and sell stuff that we normally wouldn't sell. The cool part about it is that, everyday, I would be able to beat the crap out of stuff with a sledge hammer. And I had all day to do this. A full work day. It was fun as hell.

The worst job I ever had was working at a call center. I basically sat down and called people for 8 hours a day. If that doesn't sound bad, I don't know what does. XD

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Ocarina of Time, well because it is Ocarina of TimeXDD

Skyrim, mainly because every playthrough is different. There is so much you can do in that game, and different ways you can build your characters. The amount of fun and intensity is endless.

The last one is kind of bending the idea of replaying. But it still is a game that I replay over and over again. And that is Minecraft. Not no, vanilla Minecraft though. I mean modded Minecraft. I have been playing modded MC for years now. And every different mod pack that I play, I find more interest in playing more and different mod packs. Every pack gives you a different experience and a different way of playing. It kind of changes your idea of how to make things work with the things you are able to create. And that is kind of why I liked playing it. Gives me time to use my imagination and creativity.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Personally, I don't get annoyed with people very easily. So I can't really say I know someone that it the most annoying other than like my brothers. But that is just normal with siblings. But if I ever had to choose someone, I would have to say a coworker of mine from a couple years ago. She was... what's the words for it... lacking the necessary knowledge for simple tasks. I was her supervisor, so it was hard for me to really communicate what I was trying to tell her. So in a way, she was annoying.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    My senior year of high school I decided I wanted to actually do something. Soooo, I did Track and Field (I went to Regionals and State in only 2 seasons), I obtained 6 awards for academics, and I took 4 AP classes just for the hell of it. The awards were: National Honor Society, German Honor Society (Yes I speak German), Gold Cord (Overall GPA of 3.5 or higher), Magna Cum Laude, Lettering in Academics and then Lettering in Track and Field. And I did all of this my last year of high school.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I am new to Neverwinter, and I was looking around for guilds and I stumbled across this one. I started looking around all of the tabs and links. And I found this quote from Andy (StrumSlinger): "Be good to each other. A game is made up of people, and it's often the quality of the people, not necessarily the game code itself that can make a good game great." Reading that kind of solidified that for me. Knowing that this community is all about the people. And when I am looking for a community, I am looking for one that accepts all different kinds of people. And to quote Andy again, "We believe the games you play aren’t as important as the people you play them with, and when we look for new members we asked ourselves, "would we want to hang out and have a drink with them?"' That, that right there is what I want in a community. I don't want guildmates that I talk to every once in a blue moon. I want a friend that I can run in to any dungeon and have fun doing that.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    A major question that I have is: Even though I am new to the game, will I still be able to participate in some of the events that the guild is going to be holding?

And is there a Discord link or a voice chat that you guys use?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    He gives you a sword. This is because when you are thrown into a world of monsters and not a way to protect yourself, you need to make sure you are not going alone. Aonuma wanted to give the player a sense of "I have this world to explore, and I need to make sure I have the necessary tools to explore this world."

Just chatted with Ser Jon Patrick on Uey chat.

very affable sort.

and dang nice start to the app!!'

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi JonPatrick! Welcome to the app process, and some yellow named person should be by and let you know how we do things..I see you are joining with Neverwinter, I also played Neverwinter for sometime, and enjoyed the content it had but I game hop alot lol What is it about Neverwinter you enjoy it so much? and are there other MMOs you like playing as well? and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know and we will be happy to help you. Good luck with your App!
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Good start to the app, JonPatrick!

To answer your question, yes you are certainly more than welcome to join in any hijinks we can get you into (the current CtA event definitely applies), and you can always ask for help with anything else you're running. As for Discord - you've likely already seen the link in Uey chat.

Now, to The Process - it's pretty simple. Hang out with us in game, and here, and we'll talk, and get to know each other. It's kinda like a first date...and no, I don't put out. Eventually, people with yellow, green, or purple names will start throwing in votes. Members with red names don't get 'official' votes, but if someone is speaking up one way or the other, it definitely weighs on the decision. Once you have 4 YES votes, you're in. 3 NO votes, and we go our separate ways. While I can't give you any surefire advice on what will get you a yes vote, I can say this - most rejected applications are from people who don't revisit their application, and it goes stale, and discarded. So STAY ACTIVE - here and in-game.

And a couple questions for you: besides your first semester major of' beer', what'd you end up taking at university? And have you ever played the tabletop version of D&D?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Hello Everyone! And thank you Inconnel for the nice message! You seem like a really great individual as well!

To answer your question Silentgurl, the thing that I enjoy so much about Neverwinter thus far has to be the nostalgia that it gives me. It reminds me a lot of early day World of Warcraft. I feel like I am thrown into this world, with no clue on what I am actually doing. Then I just pick a random class that I think looks cool, then in the end I absolutely love it! And to answer your other question, I really loved WoW way back in the day, like before Mists of Pandaria. Those were the good times, now it is just kind of stale. And thank you for the well wishes! Love to meet you ingame!

Tron-tonian, I mean if I could major in beer again, I would. But without all of the repercussions that took place XD. And to answer your question, you might want to sit back, because it is a little confusing XD. So as of right now, my major is Computer Engineering. But I am taking a semester off to find out what I actually want to major in, and well to earn some money because college is expensive. What I am thinking about doing is Informational Technology, then after that degree, I'm thinking about going to Tennessee to double major in Physics and Astronomy. I'm still technically a sophomore in College. But I have enough credits to be a second- semester Junior. And I have never played the tabletop version of D&D, but back in the day, I played Dungeons and Dragons Online. I was a Rogue/Cleric in that game.

Thank you everyone for the great questions! Love to see you all in- game!

The last one is kind of bending the idea of replaying. But it still is a game that I replay over and over again. And that is Minecraft. Not no, vanilla Minecraft though. I mean modded Minecraft. I have been playing modded MC for years now. And every different mod pack that I play, I find more interest in playing more and different mod packs. Every pack gives you a different experience and a different way of playing. It kind of changes your idea of how to make things work with the things you are able to create. And that is kind of why I liked playing it. Gives me time to use my imagination and creativity.
    Just to let you know, we have a somewhat rotating Modded Minecraft community. Rotating in that they change the Mod Pack every so often and take suggestions on what Mod Pack to play next. We also have a Vanilla server (which is currently under maintenance), but that server is a pretty constant one that is up for years at a time. It also has some pretty decent builders who play on it. To play on any of the Minecraft servers you will have to be accepted into Unrepentant, but you should find some people to play Minecraft with should you join.
    "You don't want to eat me...I'm full of scotch, bitterness, and impure thoughts!"

@Menaleus
    Yeah I saw that when I was looking through the forums. I am currently a Admin/Builder for a Minecraft server. So it might be a bit of time before I join any of the Minecraft servers. It's a lot of work to manage a server for Minecraft haha. But I'll check it out sometime

You say you wasted $10,000 on beer?

There is a quote attributed to George Best "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Also to let you know we do have an active DDO branch if you ever wanted to try that again. There has been a ton of new content over the past couple of years.

What would be your choice of fast car?

Grrr...how to change background colours?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Hey Arkle, how's it going?
    I didn't waste $10,000 on beer. The 10,000 grand was on the tution for college. I probably spent close to $1,000 bucks on Alcohol. The way I phrased it in my app seemed like I said I spent $10,000 on beerXD.
    And I would love to get back into DDO, I wish I remembered my login information though. I was max level at the time and pretty good. Which is a shame haha.
    And that question is kind of hard to answer. I enjoy many exotic cars, from Bugatti Chiron, to a simple Nissan GTR. But my choice of a fast car would have to be the Pagani Huayra Roadster with a Black to Neon Green fade. With Green Rims. I would love to get one of those someday, but I would have to move because where I live, it snows 3/4ths of the year.

And I am not sure on how to change background colors. Well, depends on what background you are talking about. If you mean in Photoshop. Just select the background layer and use a paint bucket to change the color. I would prefer a gradient of some sort for a background though.

Quote Originally Posted by JonPatrick99 View Post
    And I am not sure on how to change background colors. Well, depends on what background you are talking about. If you mean in Photoshop. Just select the background layer and use a paint bucket to change the color. I would prefer a gradient of some sort for a background though.
    Oh I meant in my post; the quote was pasted as black text so was black on black...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast