View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: TheAvenger2378 - Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, DDO? (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, DDO?

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    TheAvenger2378 is my Acc. Name across basically everything

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I'm really introverted so I've not got many good stories I could use here... I've got more embarrassing ones than dumb or funny ones though so:

Having a full on panic attack the first time I met my girlfriend? We met online so nerves were on edge for if we'd hit it off, if I'd say anything awkward, if she was actually a man in his 50's... Nothing against them just not my type.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Coolest job isn't really a job but I volunteer for a local charity shop, everyone I work with is a great laugh (mostly) and because I live in a small town I know most of the customers. It's not work at all really, just going in and hearing the gossip from everyone around town.

Other than that my only other work was dish washing in a cafe, hated the area, hated the people and hated the work. Guess that covers both ends of the question though!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Rollercoaster Tycoon - First proper PC game I owned, the nostalgia I have for it is unreal and the creativity means you could play loads of different ways.

The Sims - Can't decide between which # but being able to completely control someone elses life and have them actually succeed is a change from how mine is going!

TES Oblivion - Hard choice for #3, I could make a top 20 no problem, but with mods Oblivion is my favourite Elder Scrolls game, patch out the problems and I feel the quests and stories written into it are a lot more fun and in-depth than Skyrim, and a lot more polished than Morrowind.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Ooh I've not got enough space to fill in why I don't like this guy, but the manager where I volunteer is completely irredeemable and unlikable, lies to everyone, blames volunteers for his mistakes towards customers, ignorant, lazy... Every time I'm near him I get a headache and he thinks we're good mates. Everybody who knows him tries to avoid him.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I don't know, I'm not a cool person. I'm very musically minded? Not actual musicals but music in general, I own more guitars and amps than I have space for where I live, plus other instruments I've played but can't fit anywhere so are in storage until I move to somewhere with more space!

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Honestly I've been looking for a multi-game guild for a while, I've been playing ESO a lot but I get burned out playing one game every day for months. I want to be part of something where it's more about the group of people you're playing with than 'if you're offline for more than 2 weeks we don't care about you anymore'. But a guild like this I assume is fine with me not playing a single specific game for months and months at a time as long as I'm active somewhere within?

Hopefully you don't mind me lurking a bit though, social anxiety means I don't really talk much but still want to chip in and help other players where I can. Or I get over-excited and keep talking when I should've shut up ages ago.

Anyway so I came back to Neverwinter after a long break to find the guild I was in there was a ghost-town, and found the link to here in the 'find guilds' bit.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    As I mentioned above, I assume me not talking much isn't a deal-breaker?

And being kicked for inactivity in a game, I tend to play something intensely for a while then burn out and move to something else, but I assume as long as I keep my toe in and help out in one of the games the guild is spread across, I wouldn't be drop-kicked back into the abyss?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A leather jacket. I need to look good when adventuring, and it can survive harsh weather!

Welcome to the application process! Don't worry about getting kicked to the Abyss, once you're in Unrepentant you can play what you want or not play what you want without any worries. Take it from someone who really only plays one game and rarely interacts with anyone. Being introverted isn't a problem, though I would suggest you try to interact with members as much as possible during the application process as it helps us get to know you and know if we would like you to join our dysfunctional family of misfits. Then when we decide you'd make a good third cousin, twice removed on our perverted uncle's side, you can relax and not worry about having to be more social than you feel comfortable with.

You mentioned that you are into music (though not musicals even if there is nothing wrong with that. You should hear me belt out some show tunes on Discord some time). What type of music do you like? There are quite a few musicians in our community, so that is certainly something you could have some conversations about.
    "You don't want to eat me...I'm full of scotch, bitterness, and impure thoughts!"

Cool Yeah I don't mind interacting with people, I just don't say much if I've not got anything good/helpful to say is all so I tend to be quite quiet. Don't want to show my awkward side too often :P

As for music I listen to mostly rock/metal stuff like Anthrax, Muse, Green Day, but there's not much I don't like. I'm on a bit of a Billy Joel kick at the moment. And I've nothing against songs from musicals (I love the Dee Snider Broadway album) I've just never seen one in its entirety, just the odd song here and there. I just didn't want people to misinterpret that and start talking plots and stuff that I wouldn't know

(Just as a heads up it's 4am here, only found this place late, don't know how long until the inactivity ban would kick in but I needs me sleep!)

Hello! You seem rather new here and well, these pages don't fill themselves unless we interact with you!

As Menaleus mentioned, we've got some world class assortment of everyone here and its probably been ages since I've responded to an application, so to keep in the theme of music, do you enjoy just listening to the music or play the music, or do you ever go out to a concert at least once a decade?

Currently I seem to be on a Woodstock listening tour - Jefferson Airplane, more specifically. What sort of playlist would you put together if you had to hand to a DJ for an hour's time limit?

Watching who?

Hey!

Yeah I mostly listen to music, as I said I own too many guitars but I'm self taught so most of what I listen to is too skilled for me to play! As for concerts I've got quite a few planned out at the moment, seeing a few local/British bands, whenever someone I like is playing near me I can't resist going to see them! The last one I went to see was Ghost when they played in London last September, almost an 8 hour round trip on a bus but so worth it!

As for a playlist, I'm not sure if you mean just bands or songs too so I'll do both:
    Anthrax - For All Kings
    Halestorm - Don't Know How To Stop
    Miracle of Sound - Ascension
    Alestorm - Captain Morgans Revenge
    ZZ Top - Legs
    Pat Benetar - All Fired Up
    Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
    Area 11 - Versus
    Muse - The Handler
    Russkaja - Traktor
    Ghost - If You Have Ghosts

That should give a few ideas of my eclectic tastes, but like I said there's not much music I won't listen to. Just because I don't know a song/bands name doesn't mean I won't have heard it, I just have a terrible memory.

Welcome to The Process - it's pretty simple. Hang out with us in game, and here, and we'll talk, and get to know each other. It's kinda like a first date...and no, I don't put out. Eventually, people with yellow, green, or purple names will start throwing in votes. Members with red names don't get 'official' votes, but if someone is speaking up one way or the other, it definitely weighs on the decision. Once you have 4 YES votes, you're in. 3 NO votes, and we go our separate ways. While I can't give you any surefire advice on what will get you a yes vote, I can say this - most rejected applications are from people who don't revisit their application, and it goes stale, and discarded. So STAY ACTIVE - here and in-game.

This does mean you'll want to at least be typing responses, but we don't force people to be in voice comms, so no worries there. In Neverwinter, type "\channel_join Uey" and say hi.

WIth that many guitars and amps - do you play professionally? Ever thought about it?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Fair cop, I'm happy to keep talking on here and keeping things going! Although be warned, I am a cheap date

Nah I'm not good enough to play professional guitar, I just buy them cheap when I see them come through where I work and muck about on them. Power chords and basic melodies are about all I can do.
    I used to consider being a drum tutor or something similar at one point, I had proper drum lessons in the past so that's where I feel more confident, and I enjoy teaching others so that seemed like a cool dream. It's hard to fit a drum kit into a small living space though so that's not likely to happen any time soon

Hi there, welcome to the app.

I'll assume the ? after DDo applied to all 3 games not just the one that's my favourite! We do have an active DDO branch, including my good self and play both UK and stateside times. Find me in game or in here or by a PM and I can shoot you a provisional invite. The best way to get the 4 YES votes is to play with other members and get them to post in your app.

I listen to some music but I'm not as keen as I used to be; I did go to see the stage play of American Idiot featuring the songs of Green Day last week...and I had a good furtle round the Lakefest website before deciding I didnt like enough of the bands to want to go.

So how was the blind date in the end? Was it a bit of a reverse Gavin and Stacey (given you are in Cardiff).
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Hi! The ? was just because I wasn't sure how active any of the guilds on those were, I saw someone mention players were sparse on SWTOR so I wasn't sure how popular DDO would be. I've not played it properly in years but the time I spent on it was great, so I'd love to get back into it at some point

Yes! I love the American Idiot stage play, some songs I actually prefer to when Green Day do them, they just fit better as duets. What did you think of it? It's gonna break my heart now if you didn't like it
    I've never been to any festivals though, I know what you mean. If I'm going to buy a ticket to something I want to get the most out of it so there has to be a good lineup. I had a chance to see Anthrax recently but they were touring with a couple of other metal bands I'm not huge fans of, and I don't want to spend £60+ for 1/3 of a show.

The blind date went well after my initial panic! We just went to a cafe, I'm addicted to coffee so it's where I feel comfortable, and we really hit it off! That was back in May and somehow we haven't scared each other off yet And it kinda is like Gavin and Stacey, she's over here for Uni at the mo but her family lives in Devon. I never thought of it like that, that's brilliant

Nice seeing some Alestorm in the mix.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast