View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: OtakuSmurf - NWO, DDO, Warframe (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    NWO, DDO, Warframe

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    NWO/@otakusmurf

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Years ago, I used to live in a brownstone with 4 other guys, one was my mate, Keith. For the purpose of this, you have to know that all the other guys in the house were gay. I never cared. They were all great people. Keith bartended and kept inviting me to come hang out at his work - a gay bar. Now, as I said, I don't care what orientation someone is, but I was a little hesitant about going to a gay bar. I've been to a lesbian bar with another friend, I knew I was going to drink in peace there. I wasn't so sure about going to an all guy bar. He finally tempted me with free beer. For free beer, I'd go to a Man U celebration wearing Liverpool colors. So, I'm sitting at the bar and enjoing something on the TV while Keith keeps putting beers in front of me when he has a chance between customers. After a while, this guy comes up and starts chatting. Sadly, I can't remember his name after all these years (let's just go with Bill). So, Bill is talking to me, asking all the questions to get me to talk and to 'like' him. I, sadly, knew he was never going to get anywhere, but I know know if I was being dickish, or if I was just having fun talking to someone - the bar had become very busy and the beers were taking longer and longer. Bill and I were having a good conversation when Keith finally comes back and says "Bill, this is my roommate, Steve." The look on his face was priceless, "You're the straight one?" I said, "Yep."

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Sadly, I've never really had a cool job. The most interesting, and hardest, job I've ever had was working rail road maintance. I guess it was cool in that I got to "ride" on the rail road to and from my job site on this big machine called an under cutter. It would lift the whole track out of the ground, scoop up all the ballast, sift the dirt and debris out, then put the clean ballast back and set the track down. This was also the worst job, a Mike Rowe Dirty Jobs job. When I was working in Nebraska, the ballast was full of coal dust, so I would come home covered in coal dust and the only place my normal skin color showed was around my eyes where the safety goggles kept the dust off. It would take 20 minutes for the water running over me just to get the dust off so I could use soap. If I were younger, I'd do that job again.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Don't let my play times on Steam fool you. Most of my Civ V and Fallout 4 times are while I was sleeping - I'd just walk away when it was my turn (vs AI) or while I was in a settlement and sleep. That said:

Fallout New Vegas (with all DLC). I really enjoy the story and the setting. Something about 50-ish Vegas appeals to me.
    Civ 6 (any civ game) but I like the graphics and mechanics from 6 - I miss Liam's voice over from 5, but Sean isn't bad. Just hard to get used to Sharpe doing the voice overs.
    Skyrim - I still have yet to explore everwhere. I love the world and killing dragons never gets old.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I tend to get over annoying people once they leave my life. Dwelling on annoying people gives them power. But, since I have to answer, I am going with a former supervisor. This person had no clue.

S: Why didn't you check this?
    Me: Becuse the regulations and check list do not have that as a requirement to check for this review.

S: Why is this paragraph on page one repeated on page 12?
    Me: (silence) In my head - because the fist page is the executive summary so your boss has the highlights in one page and can read the other 20 if they want more information

S: (Think of any question)
    Me: (Reference the appropriate regulation as to why something is or is not being done in response to the quesiton)

The TPS guy from Office Space would have been an improvement.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I've always wanted to visit Australia and I also have always wanted to learn to SCUBA dive. I saved up and took a 3 week (solo) trip to Australia. I toured a lot of wineries http://fav.me/d2dmtre but between those, I went to Phillip Island to watch the Penguin Parade, they came in at sunset, and flash photography wasnt allowed, so here is a consolation http://fav.me/d2dn6un , walked on the beach with sea lions http://fav.me/d2dmxz3 and spent a week learning to SCUBA dive in Cairns and got certified on the Great Barrier Reef http://fav.me/d2dn8qa http://fav.me/d2dn9b7 http://fav.me/d2dn9ke

I was also able to hold and feed a Joey https://tinyurl.com/ycq57j9j

All the links are SFW.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I am not the most consistent player. I think many would understand that I get tired of one game and move on to another for a bit, then come back. The fact that this guild spans multiple games means I won't feel guilty if I move away from NWO to play with another branch. I've got characters on DDO, STO (still in the early levels, didn't really click with me), SW:TOR, Warframe and WoW.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Ok, this will either cement me "in" or "out":
    1) What is the average air speed of an unlaiden swallow?
    2) Did you light the Grail beacon again?
    3) I've pulled the pin on the Holy Grenade of Antioch. Should I proceedeth to count to four?
    4) True or False, John Clease once said "F***" in an English church?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A Svirfneblin guard/guide. It is a cave and I can't see in the dark, I've no idea where I am going and I sure don't speak Undercommon.

Very Nice Application!!

you have doneth moreth in that trip to Down Under than I will ever accomplish.

I defer to other purveyors of Monty Python to answer those questions, except for one.

Whoever lights the Grail Beacon shall receive a spanking... then the rest of you shall receive a spanking.. then all of us shall receive a spanking.

However, you left out one proviso.

"You must bring bring us a shrubbery... so we can build a garden.. with a little path!!"

NI!!

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Otaku! Welcome to the App Process..some yellow named peep, should be by and let you know how the process works, I see you are applying with NWO and DDO etc..DDO became my main MMO for sometime, recently I've gamed hop alot lol The DDO branch, has alot of wonderful people in there, and I've had alot of good times running with them, even if I died alot =p You should be getting a guild invite soon to the branch...what class do you play and why do you do like playing it? and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know, and we will be happy to help you..Good luck with your App
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Blog Entries
    OtakuSmurf, I am a little disappointed--not in your application, your application was pretty great--in your lack of an avatar appropriate for someone called "OtakuSmurf". Like, I thought for sure it would be an image of Brainy Smurf with a waifu hug pillow. Or Papa Smurf if you're down with older gents. Or even Smurfette with a hug pillow of a shirtless handsome Korean boy band star. There are actually many valid combinations, if you think about it.

And I am. Thinking about it. Gargamel with an anime-style My Little Pony hug pillow. Yeah, now I feel like I'm getting somewhere good.

Are you fan of anime or other Japan stuff, or did "OtakuSmurf" just fall together because it's pretty unique?

Also, just a public service announcement, when one googles "waifu" to make sure one is spelling it right, this can lead into a 40 minute foray into articles about Otaku culture and the rise of not only hug pillows, but what are essentially multiple fleshlight-enhanced hug pillows. Japan needs to get out of its basement a little more!

Ok, Chef, Avatar fixed. I was more focused on getting my app in and into the game before the "two yewts" woke up.

I do like anime, but one of the "cruel" nicknames I had in grade school was Smurf. I owned it so the bullies had no control over it. I needed an online persona. I used to upload minecraft vids, and I was Papasmurf on the server. Like a derp, I deleted my vids when I tried to archive them when I stopped uploading. Here is my first youtube appearance. https://youtu.be/TeUFgNcFtsw I liked making vids, and maybe one day I will get back to it. I stopped when I went after my CPA -- that video was uploaded in April of '14. I finally passed my exams in November of '16. A lot has happened and I just have not been able to go back to making videos.

I lived in Japan for just over 2 years. I spent many a weekend in Akihabara just looking at all the Manga and statuettes/figures. My favorite thing to find was a company promoting a new anime or season. Pay a few yen and get a chance to draw a prize ticket or spin a wheel. I now own a "waifu" body pillow. The best part? My wife doesn't care and thought it was funny when I used it to make up my oldest step-son's bed. Poor kid, turned redder than a 4 alarm fire.

Silentgurl

My main character is Shyntlyn and he is currently a warforged barbarian on his 3rd life as a barb. I am on the Kyber server, so if I need to move... Rogues to me are just fun. They have to be so many things to be successful. Blend in with nobles, comfortable with the street trash, persuasive with both a look and the point of a dirk. Rogues are not just sneaky little backstabbers - we just want people to think that so they don't guard the other ways to our objective.

Blog Entries
    My disappointment is lifted!

Not sure if I should take any further lack of comments/questions as a bad sign or just due to the holidays.

It's ok. I'm a Browns fan, I can take disappointment if its the former.

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuSmurf View Post
    Not sure if I should take any further lack of comments/questions as a bad sign or just due to the holidays.

It's ok. I'm a Browns fan, I can take disappointment if its the former.
    Ok, you made my Sunday morning...

A Browns Fan story, if I may. An elderly gentleman was in hospice, fast approching the end. He and The Wife were talking, and he explicitly asked that 6 Browns players be his pall bearers.

"Why do you want that??" she asked.

He replied " Because I am a Brown's fan, and I want them to let me down just one more time...."

----------

Now.. I am a diehard Razorback fan, so I am really used to soul-crushing disappointment.

FWIW, have seen Le Smurf in-game a lot, over this holiday period. Very inquisitive on the nuances on the game, as well as very talkative in Uey Chat.

Don't sweat it Smurf. Some of the ffolkes are still inebriated... erm out of pocket for the holidays. They will sober up/arrive back soon enough.

Funny.

Here's another: Why are Browns fans the best ones to date? Because they will never expect a ring.

You guys cycle a lot. I'm not sure if its your recruiting program or if you guys get good players that leave early for the draft and just don't stay to make the next year better. I'd say "get gud" but you are in the toughest football conference in the nation and in the toughest division of the SEC (imho) against AL and LSU. Seven of the last 14 years, you guys have finished in the Top 3 in the division. You guys have my respect. #RollTide.

Guess I can't expect everyone to have our tolerance. #whitelightening #ifitsclearitbetternotbewater

Last night's discord was great. It was interesting to hear all the folks from different parts of the globe. Thanks for the White Tiger mount and congrats to Puleze and Gwynn for their double wins from the give-a-way bot.

Had I known that I could hop into the NWO voice channel before last night, I would have hopped in sooner. I thought I was restricted to #thirstytroll.

Happy New Year everyone.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast