View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: App: OtakuSmurf - NWO, DDO, Warframe (4/0)

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuSmurf View Post
    Ok, Chef, Avatar fixed. I was more focused on getting my app in and into the game before the "two yewts" woke up.

I do like anime, but one of the "cruel" nicknames I had in grade school was Smurf. I owned it so the bullies had no control over it. I needed an online persona. I used to upload minecraft vids, and I was Papasmurf on the server. Like a derp, I deleted my vids when I tried to archive them when I stopped uploading. Here is my first youtube appearance. https://youtu.be/TeUFgNcFtsw I liked making vids, and maybe one day I will get back to it. I stopped when I went after my CPA -- that video was uploaded in April of '14. I finally passed my exams in November of '16. A lot has happened and I just have not been able to go back to making videos.

I lived in Japan for just over 2 years. I spent many a weekend in Akihabara just looking at all the Manga and statuettes/figures. My favorite thing to find was a company promoting a new anime or season. Pay a few yen and get a chance to draw a prize ticket or spin a wheel. I now own a "waifu" body pillow. The best part? My wife doesn't care and thought it was funny when I used it to make up my oldest step-son's bed. Poor kid, turned redder than a 4 alarm fire.

Silentgurl

My main character is Shyntlyn and he is currently a warforged barbarian on his 3rd life as a barb. I am on the Kyber server, so if I need to move... Rogues to me are just fun. They have to be so many things to be successful. Blend in with nobles, comfortable with the street trash, persuasive with both a look and the point of a dirk. Rogues are not just sneaky little backstabbers - we just want people to think that so they don't guard the other ways to our objective.
    oh nice on the Barb..I have one that is level 14, and she is fun to play
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Holidays...now back to grind and the Uey app forum...

Actually due to holidays I have work so just popped in very quickly.

Did you decide to switch servers on DDO? I am for my many sins in game guild leader so any questions re DDO give me a shout. There is pretty much always some one on - Physics or Dr Tom or Brizel or Delasom or Swyfty or Klych or Hughey or Sheyde or someone else as well as yours truly. If you dd decide to switch, do you need a guild invite?

And no one has yet doen the 3 votes/4 votes, stay active etc speel; if no one has done it once I get the chance I will - alternative have a quick look at a couple of accepted applications and you will soon get it.

So but I have to rush today...
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Yes, I moved Shyntlyn from Kyber and I will need a guild invite.

I am so lost on DDO. I am probably going to have to make a new toon, just to re-learn where everything is.

Ok well i'll send you an invite to Shyntlyn and you can let me know in game or here of any other new toons.

Btw the DDO branch uses mumble for voice comms; pop in if you want talked through builds, mechanics etc

Edit; invite sent in the post
    Last edited by arkle; 01-04-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Smurf has been in Neverwinter with us a bit and seems to be fitting in well so far

All set up on DDO and Mumble. Ran some Reapers today with the guild. Farming renown now since my ability to make a 36pt character did not transfer when I moved my character over.

Blog Entries
    How is the new year treating you so far OtakuSmurf? Did you get yourself any fun toys for Christmas?

All I got for Christmas was multiple nerf gun shots to the nuts. My son is 7 and loves all things nerf gun and nerf gun accessories. He especially loves shooting me in the nuts with them. Kids!

Chef,

Hard to say. I got a new laptop for gaming, but that was because my youngest son needed an upgrade. So, I doubled the RAM on my old one and added an SSD, and he got that for Christmas. Now he has the same model as his older brother, but its upgraded. I wasn't planning on a new laptop.

I got some ZEN and some DDO points (needed to move servers). I got a White Tiger in the Discord give away, I pulled the purple crow mount from a box and a Shard of Orcus from Master of the Hunt. Those are the good things.

I also got furloughed by Trump as a Christmas present, and I am still out of a job because the, I have to use SFW language here, @$$hats in Congress can't even do the one thing they are required to do which is pass a budget. The last time Congress passed all the budget bills on time was 1997. If I wasn't so close to retirement, I would take my CPA and the 20+ years of experience I have between networking, web development, data base design and office automation to the private sector. My last paycheck came on Dec 31. I don't know when I will get another one.

So, I can't decide if I had a good Christmas gift wise or not.

Family wise, it has been great. I love spending time with my boys. That is a win. Period.

Blog Entries
    Oh snap, I hope you can get back to work/get paid soon. I think something will give soon. At least you are well outfitted with electronics and the conditional, temporary love of your family.

I'm getting a bit nervous myself, I'm a defense contractor and while DOD is usually immune to shutdowns, the R&D and other 'nonessential' work that I participate in has been known to shut down. I can't go back to the street corner, you know?

Well, in the interim, I am able to get in some good gaming time. I may be able to get my DDO WF Barb to 20 for the 3rd class TR benefit and then TR to a class I enjoy - probably Arti or back to my original Rogue so I can start the better process of 1 - 30 then epic, then heroic TR. I am not going to be able to keep playing a Barb from 21-30. Maybe if I wasn't on my 4th life and the XP came faster, but it is so painful to play for me.

I started a 1st life Arti and I am having a blast running Reapers with the group. Even got my first reaper point yesterday.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast