View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: KaroNightstorm - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Karo Nightstorm

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Possibly the dumbest thing I have done as an adult was when I turned 21 (I'm sure you've heard a bunch of these stories!) Being able to finally drink in public, I thought it would be a great idea to go 21 rounds with Jose Cuervo. Needless to say, by drink 13 I couldn't stand up at all, and I do not remember anything past drink 16. I do remember waking up the next morning to throw up all over my best friend, though. *facepalm*

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The absolute coolest job I've ever had was as a sailor in the United States Navy. I served with pride and got to see and do some amazing things. I'm talking about flying in the tactical seat of an FA-18 Type J Superhornet.
    By far the worst job was also being a sailor in the US Navy. There were times that we were saddled with mind-numbing busy work (ever heard of chipping paint? We invented it and turned it into an artform!).

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Final Fantasy IX -- It was the first RPG that I ever played and allowed me to fall in love with the series.

Super Mario Brothers -- A classic. This is the very first game that I ever played, and despite the 8 bit graphics, I will always replay this game if available.

Assassin's Creed -- This game redefined what video gaming was for me. I loved the super-interactive feel that you got by being able to climb practically anything, and I am a sucker for history. This also spawned a series love for me, and I will probably play Assassin's Creed 47 when I'm 65.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Hmm. There was a guy in the Navy... we'll call him Adam. Adam was the kind of guy who just HAD to be center of every conversation, and he usually invited himself. If you wanted a private talk with anyone, it was best done off-base, because it seemed like he just KNEW you wanted a personal conversation and would be there. Obviously, that (hopefully) wasn't the case, but that was the vibe he gave off.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I used to be accused of being a "rockstar" due to my penchant for singing hard rock karaoke and my long, shaggy blond hair and sunglasses.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I played World of Warcraft years ago, and now I play Neverwinter on the PS4 (as well as through Steam). I always prefer a regimented guild system, because it shows order, and it's my opinion that only an ordered group can enjoy ultimate success within an MMO. A casual gaming guild just doesn't seem like a home for me.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    What sorts of events (not scheduled, like DF, Marauders, Siege, etc.) do you hold as a guild and as an Alliance?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A scrying mirror, so that the wise old man may offer sage advice from afar, even though he cannot enter with me.

Hi and welcome to the application process,

This is our way of seeing if we are a mutual good fit, much like a first date. Our official Neverwinter presence is on PC, so that's where most of us Neverwinter folk hang out. If you want to join us there while your app is pending, you can do so by joining our in game custom chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a guild invite. Any member can hook you up with that. You join our chat channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat line. Once you get your invite, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page so we know who you are, otherwise you're likely to be kicked. We also have discord and mumble. In Neverwinter, we use discord and you can find the link in the guild MotD. If you're interested in Mumble, someone will have to pm you the info

As far as the application process goes, it's important to stay active here in the app thread, even if you've been active in game, as not everyone in the community plays Neverwinter. You need 4 yes votes for acceptance and only 3 no votes for rejection. The official voting will come fromthose of us with yellow, green or purple forum names. Those with red forum names cannot cast official votes, but may still stop by to comment, interact or cast unofficial votes for the voters to consider. Most rejected applications are for inactivity in the application. That said, once a member, we impose no activity requirements whatsoever.

To answer your question, our alliance runs DF, at least once a day, often several times. I don't see Marauders get run as much as it used to, but it may happen at times that I'm not on. On the guild level, we don't have any specific group of people, like raid leaders, that are responsible for organizing stuff or making stuff happen. We not only allow, but encourage all of our members to put together and organize stuff they want to run. That's generally our philosophy, not just in Neverwinter, but community wide. So, if you wanna run something, jump on in and make it happen. You'll usually find people to go with you.

A casual gaming guild just doesn't seem like a home for me.

I'll leave others in the NWO branch to comment but we advertise ourselves as being serious as a casual guild. So that means there are no compulsory attendance requirements or guild donations or raid participation rules; just hop in to game and play. It also means that we do not have officers to spoon feed members with events, as LH says, you want to do something, chat up other members and get it on.

I like some heavy rock, most metal heads though would say I'm a bit soft or progressive; what's your favourite heavy rock anthams to sing along to?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

While you do advertise as a casual guild, you are far more organized than most guilds. And that is what I see as a main key to succeeding at end-game content. I also feel like it is the more organized guilds that have a significant "family" feel, where everyone involved with the guild feels like they are a part of a family. It might be a dysfunctional family, true, but it's one that we choose to belong to, and hopefully, we have been accepted back.

As far as my go-to songs are, I'd have to say it's either 45 by Shinedown or The Pretender by Foo Fighters. I love both bands, and it's my considered opinion that Brent Smith, the lead singer for Shinedown, could probably do no wrong ever. Well, maybe not go that far but he could get away with a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by KaroNightstorm View Post
    While you do advertise as a casual guild, you are far more organized than most guilds. And that is what I see as a main key to succeeding at end-game content. I also feel like it is the more organized guilds that have a significant "family" feel, where everyone involved with the guild feels like they are a part of a family. It might be a dysfunctional family, true, but it's one that we choose to belong to, and hopefully, we have been accepted back.

As far as my go-to songs are, I'd have to say it's either 45 by Shinedown or The Pretender by Foo Fighters. I love both bands, and it's my considered opinion that Brent Smith, the lead singer for Shinedown, could probably do no wrong ever. Well, maybe not go that far but he could get away with a lot!
    Chiming in on the whole casual/serious item.

We have some serious players, who are 17K+, of each class. We have players who alt hop and have too many of one class (shush all you ffolkes out there!!)

While we are indeed casual as in not requiring 3 nights a week and a Saturday raid, when we do run stuff it is "back on the clock" and game on.

Every endgame raid/dungeon has been cleared as it were, even the three endgame dungeons/raids which can be buggier than midnight in an Arkansas Rice Field.

Now after all that bombastic chest beating, we are always ready to help someone gear up/run content.

As the saying goes, we all were there once.

Now... back to tending a GWF alt or threve or four.

*grin*

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

One of the great things about the NW branch is that occasionally they will post for help of warm bodies. I've had tons of fun with them with "follow me, and mash buttons. Drop the stuff you collect (stronghold stuff?) here." No matter what, I can count on them to be kind. They make me not afraid to ask the stupid questions, like "so, explain exactly how I get to $place? What do I click on?".

So, more questions: Got any pet stories? Your pets? Your family/friend's pets? Furry/scaled/feathered photos are a plus.

Boy, do I have tons of stories! I have two cats, Tuxie (aged 7.5) and Annabel (11 months). Tuxie is the proverbial cat. She's 47 and tired of your $#!t. She was also an abandoned kitten that adopted us, and she is NOT happy that we got a second cat. She is a super fraidy-cat, and any time someone knocks on the door, rings the doorbell, or comes in, you get to see a black blur (she's a tuxedo if you hadn't guessed) heading for the back bedroom. Annabel is the total opposite. We're trying to socialize the two, but so far, every effort is proving ineffective (we've tried literally everything). I will post pictures when I can.

EDIT: I'm not actually sure how to attach photos to a reply, so I will link my pics below.
    Last edited by KaroNightstorm; 01-06-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Aw...Very cute kitties! Here's ours: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/4483806/pwilz The grey/white is beemer who's about 15? And the orange (Tony) is 1-ish.

Have you gotten with the NW people yet? If so, remind them to stop by your app and put in a good word for you.

I am active in the game, currently leveling a scourge warlock and at 35. I estimate a couple weeks before I'm 70. But I will definitely do so; thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast