View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Agent Friendly - Warframe, and uh whatever else the kids do (1/3)

Finally got time to sit down for a few hours this evening and actually take stock of my Warframe ... frameness. I didn't really unlock a whole bunch, I have a maxed Frost Prime and a Trinity Prime at 14 thanks to the free giveaways. A Mag at 15 as well, and some decent but mid-ranked weapons. I'm personally at Mastery 4, so I have a bit of a ways to go through the main quests and whatnot.

Hey, I know this guy! I second moriarty's opinions. I met this guy far too many years ago and spent time stabbing things in his vanilla WoW raids. I also know him to be a quality person and fun guy to play video games with.

Also, you should tell them why we are not allowed to be on the same Trivial Pursuit team any more.
    Battletag - SoulessQinn#1878

Quote Originally Posted by SoullessGinger305 View Post
    Hey, I know this guy! I second moriarty's opinions. I met this guy far too many years ago and spent time stabbing things in his vanilla WoW raids. I also know him to be a quality person and fun guy to play video games with.

Also, you should tell them why we are not allowed to be on the same Trivial Pursuit team any more.
    Ok, no making a statement like that and not explaining!!

:: getting popcorn ::

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

Hello, Agent. There are a number of other side games and coops the UEY does, and even some non-video-games (some of us remember times with pencils). Are there any other games you play, or are there any other types of games you might be looking for to multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnel View Post
    Ok, no making a statement like that and not explaining!!

:: getting popcorn ::

A while back, he and I were on a trivia team against his wife and my girlfriend at the time. Thanks to the combined powers of single malt and bourbon, we formed a sort of Douchebag Voltron that created a feedback loop where we encouraged each other to be hilarious (in our heads) and entertaining (in our heads). It is the first and likely only time we have been on a competitive team together, and everyone was surprised (horrified) by our wonderful synergy (terrible poor sportsmanship). This was like uh... I wanna say 5 or 6 years back and people still remember it even though it was some throwaway game at some random gathering. It's one of those things where there's a non-zero chance that at my funeral, someone who was there will begin my eulogy with "Okay, so this son of a bitch one time at a Trivial Pursuit game..."

As for other games, I was surprised to see you guys have a large NWO presence. That's one of those games I got into early on and kinda drifted away from because no one I knew really kept in with it. I also played a LOT of SW:TOR but stopped about halfway through the Eternal Empire story releases, mostly for the same reason. Right now I'm looking for more of a FTP game, hence my interest in Warframe and possibly NWO, but TOR was not so bad, really as long as you were subbed. The game's insistence on reminding you every ten minutes that you're a free player and you are getting penalties or should have more stuff if you paid got on my nerves real bad.

I technically play Overwatch. I am also part of an agreement where I am no longer allowed to play Overwatch because apparently it triggers something extremely competitive in me and not in a funny, sarcastic way. I'm not a very competitive person by nature, but something about getting random deaths from blind-fire Hanzos and getting hit by hooks roughly three city blocks outside my hitbox just awakened a deep, dark spirit in my soul.

I used to run a bunch of tabletops and am partial to Pathfinder and a few other less well known things, but my personal experience with play-over-Internet games has been poor. If you guys have a more consistent rate of play or a solid method of getting the stuff done, I'm usually down to be a tag along on a good rpg.

Finally, I have a lot invested in WoW (personally and time-wise), but I'm kind of backing away from that one. Way back in the day I ran a guild and maintained a few large raid rosters at a time and got burnt out over time on it. The plus side was that it was something we built from the ground up so it felt like a strong community of actual people and not just "Hey it's Bob, the mediocre DPS mage who at least manages fight mechanics well." The guild I'm currently playing in is one I've been with a couple years, but folks keep bleeding out and I'm kind of in a situation where I don't really know or care about most of the people there. I don't mean that in a mean way they're just... names on a chart. All the folks I liked and would kill time with on Discord even when we weren't really playing are pretty much gone.

So that kind of brings me here. The game itself is less important to me than playing some stuff I like with people who are actually cool to play *with*. When I found out a couple of my pals were into Warframe again, I jumped on the train and they suggested this place as well. For the last few weeks, due to the time of year and the revolving door of people coming to stay with us, I haven't been playing much of anything that I can't pause and I wasn't too sure if I should just go hang out in Mumble even if I wasn't in a particular group game.

All that being said, I'll be around a bunch more now that the new year has rolled over and I won't be housing anyone for weeks at a time for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Friendly View Post
    I used to run a bunch of tabletops and am partial to Pathfinder and a few other less well known things, but my personal experience with play-over-Internet games has been poor. If you guys have a more consistent rate of play or a solid method of getting the stuff done, I'm usually down to be a tag along on a good rpg.
    Actually we're running 2 games at the moment by net, I believe. I am running Shadowrun 5e, and I believe there is also a Pathfinder game in the works.

We also have a recycler pattern with games around here. Games will die out... And then one person gets caught playing it on steam, and all of a sudden 5 people reinstall it for a few weeks. Its a trend I particularly love.

My personal recurrings: Helldivers, Magicka (only the drinking game version), DoW: Last Stand, Rocket League, and recently Vermintide 2. Obstensibly, I'm here for star citizen, but playing any random game with a full group of these weirdos is my happy place. As long as Chef B doesn't try to turn it into bikini mud wrestling, or something. If you know a Co-op vs AI game, chances are I have/will play it with UEYs, if I find time off work.
    Last edited by Krishach; 01-04-2019 at 04:09 PM.

"A recycler pattern", that's a good phrase, I think I may steal it. I know exactly what you're talking about and yes, it is a pretty great sort of thing. Magicka was a particular favorite of mine but I sort've burned through it and never picked it up again despite how much I liked it. Not sure why.

I played Vermintide 1 and it was great only because of the trash talk in comms. Not that it was a bad game, but I tried playing it without people I knew and it was... just okay. I think the prevalent grab mechanics where you got dragged off for long, extended periods while you flailed around helplessly kinda turned me off a bit. I don't like games where you're against hordes of enemies and it feels like any given one of them can just end your fight. I mean, people are supposed to save you, but my experience was that if they weren't people you knew, they were awful and had the situational awareness of an old shovel. Is it about the same in 2?

Recycling is a good word, actually. Has a nicer ring to it than the one I've been using, which is 'fickle gamer' I've quit WoW 4 times, I'm on my 3rd time playing Warframe, and I just started playing Diablo 3 (for the 3rd time, but now on our Switch) in case my god daughter in another state gets into it.

Depending on how poorly I manage my funds at PAX south, I may be picking up Monster Hunter.....

THIS Guy...

Let me tell about THIS guy.

First off, he is a thoughtless douche for not putting my name on his application. That, in itself, should immediately disqualify him (or maybe cause for immediate admission).

We have drunkenly dueled each other using foam/wooden swords and shields in front of a bonfire at the Texas Ren Fest.

He was at my wedding. That's it, nothing humorous. Though, I think he was part of a foiled plot to joy-ride on jet skis that were at one of the houses that we rented.

Ask him about the Pony Princess.

We once crammed five people into a deceptively uncomfortable Jeep and drove from Austin, TX to Indianapolis, IN (that's 1,000+ miles) to go to GenCon.

We have had many drunk tubbing adventures down the Comal.

So...yeah, he's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Friendly View Post
    "A recycler pattern", that's a good phrase, I think I may steal it. I know exactly what you're talking about and yes, it is a pretty great sort of thing. Magicka was a particular favorite of mine but I sort've burned through it and never picked it up again despite how much I liked it. Not sure why.

I played Vermintide 1 and it was great only because of the trash talk in comms. Not that it was a bad game, but I tried playing it without people I knew and it was... just okay. I think the prevalent grab mechanics where you got dragged off for long, extended periods while you flailed around helplessly kinda turned me off a bit. I don't like games where you're against hordes of enemies and it feels like any given one of them can just end your fight. I mean, people are supposed to save you, but my experience was that if they weren't people you knew, they were awful and had the situational awareness of an old shovel. Is it about the same in 2?
    For Vermintide 2: the disabler mechanics are still there, designed to make soloing impossible. The rest of the game (in my opinion) is quite a bit better. The addition of more levels and a 2nd enemy race, plus the new melee mechanics, kept it far more replayable, at least for me.

Magicka, the drinking game, is Magicka campaign co-op. And as you know, you're FAR more likely to die because of friendly fire (or your own mistakes) than from the enemy. We play that you take a shot every time you die from friendly fire.

I think we've gotten through up to 3 chapters before someone is too hammered to keep moving right anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast