View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Agent Friendly - Warframe, and uh whatever else the kids do (1/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Warframe, and uh whatever else the kids do

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Abhainn, Agent Friendly

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    m0r14r7y, Soulless Ginger

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I dropped an f-bomb when I was doing a class for young mothers in a Catholic Charities. So that was super. The nun was trying to be cool about it but I stopped and looked around after I realized what I had done, and she said "You know, if you had just kept going, we might have all thought we imagined that." Lesson learned.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I spent 11 years as a program manager for a nonprofit. It was, as the kids might say, dope as all hell. Travel, team management, helping people, travel, meeting people, travel.

I had a job once hand entering forms from paper to an old DOS database for the Federal Reserve. I quit after a long day which was actually four years despite the clock only moving eight hours.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Alpha Centauri, Secret of Mana, Rimworld. Hard to say why, exactly. Rimworld is relatively new but it's a lot of nice timesink. I think SoM is just stuck in my heart unfairly but it was solid.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I once had a roommate who may not be THE most annoying person I ever met, but he had the most easily describable reason for being super annoying: He would talk and talk and talk and never shut up once he was on a roll. I was working on something at home once, he came up to do his usual endless wordfont, so I nodded a couple times, said I had to write, and put my headphones in.

FORTY FIVE MINUTES LATER, I take them off and he's still in my doorway talking about something. As if I was not ignoring him. It was SNL skit levels of bizarre.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Oh this gets turned into a thread, ok. Hello everyone.

Well, I coughed up jeezit (the little communion wafers) on the man who eventually became Archbishop of the Diocese of New Orleans. That's what he gets for putting crackers on my tongue after making me talk all day.

I write some, and it's entirely possible I have had some direct or indirect impact on a game you enjoy. Yes, you. That has to do with gaming, but since it's a second thing, I feel like it's fine.

Also, I hate hoppy beers. Probably relevant.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    One of my friends put me up to this. He makes good recommendations. Don't make him look bad, guys.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Man, I do not even know. Sorry. I'm an inquisitive person but I didn't know I was going to be in the hot seat, here. Uh, does the black moon howl?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Probably drugs. Because an old man handing out stuff in a cave to strangers usually has drugs. Or is on drugs. Or IS drugs.

If this is supposed to be a Rorschach test about my deep inner self, I'd say he probably hands me a hatchet. You can do a lot of stuff with a hatchet. There was even a book about it, once. It was called "Hatchet". Because apparently you can do anything with a hatchet, including title a novel.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Welcome to The Process, Agent Friendly!!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
    4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

Are you really friendly? Mister Agent? IF that indeed is your real name!

Ya know, if you'd had a beer right before that wafer you might have been OK. But only if it's a dark beer as any one who likes dark beers is A-OK. Heinekens are an acceptable alternative, though.

As to your DOS database days, man. That either really dates you or the company for which you entered it for. Surely no one is still using DOS in the last 15 years. Though I know a lot of banks still use(d) cobol as of that same time frame. Do you have any experience with that hot mess?
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Of course I'm friendly. The name specifically says I am friendly so that there will be no worries or questions about my obvious and forthright friendliness. Which is obviously real. And friendly.

I'm fine going through the paddling gamut, and I do love me some dark beers. It's hard to really chain drink them in Texas since the heat is so common, but this time of year I tend to go a little nuts. Outside of the maltier, stouter stuff you see in the winter, my usual standby on the dark side is Samuel Smith's chocolate stout.

And it was the Fed, of course they were decades behind on tech. I mean, I'm not exactly super young, but yeah. This was 1999 and there it was. I'm not a cobol programmer, but my stepdad is. Was kind of funny and sad and funny and then hilarious to watch him be in demand, then "obsolete" and now in demand again because you have all these giant dinosaur companies running frames they can't find anyone to babysit anymore since cobol is a "dead" language.

Erf, another Texan so you know of the heat. I'm not Texan myself, just a few hundred miles north, so I'm in the hat. Thankfully I can keep the AC cool enough during the summer to not die and enjoy me beers every so often. I'm more of a whiskey guy though. I've never tried a chocolate stout before, I'll have to look that up!

See, regarding cobol thats the thing I don't get. I mean I sorta do, all that stuff needs to be updated and migrated to something else, but no one really wants to make the expenditure to DO it. Some do, obviously, maybe even most. But my ghods, after having worked a major fortune500 company for 20 effing years the amount of politics, political games, and general mismanagement for short term gains and to hell with long term consequences is just mind boggling. I had a point there. not sure where it went but there was one. Maybe it was a general dismay at how companies always want to bandaid rather than perma fix? I dunno. I've had whiskey

Also, before Arkle yells at you. Go get yourself an Avatar. We like seeing the priddy peeksures.

And are you REALLY friendly? I mean, you're awfully suggestive about that. Suggestive? Maybe sincere... Insistent maybe?

Avatar updated, with intent to show how truly friendly I am. Hopefully there is no further confusion.

I dunnooo.... We'll see how things go.

About this black moon, why would it howl? Is it angry at The Nothing? Is it the Nothing?

Hi, Moriarty here. AgentF has been in my life since I met him playing World of Warcraft about 10 years ago. He whipped me into shape of being an actual almost-decent end game raider type person for a bit until he ran into the fact I just didn't quite care enough to care. I can corroborate the writing, but I don't know what kind of NDA's he lives under so won't go into specifics. Suffice to say he's run more than one worthy RPG in which I had a right good time - and he's ultimately responsible for a few suggestions that led me to actually appreciate playing 'the face' in a party.

I've known him IRL for at least the last 7 or so years, and can attest that a) he games, b) he drinks, and c) is a quality person, a right solid chap and would I think fit right in here. He and I used to play Firefall together, and Warframe was something we dabbled in afterwards. I've come and gone and come back to Warframe, he is on a similar path there.

Come to think of it I've never asked how often he games without pants, so not sure if he'll past muster as far as that requirement.

"At least the last 7 or so years", man? Really. Dude, I've been here 12 years at this point. So you are technically (the best kind of) correct, but goddamn.

When he says I've been in his life for awhile, he means that like how someone says they're dealing with herpes or cancer. He's just nice about it.

I have not been too active in actual games for the last few days, since my SSD that contains most of my actual games died. I spent most of last night cleaning up my boot drive to make room for things to play and let those download all last night. Today has been intense house cleaning and puppy wrangling (these things are related, as you might guess). Not that anyone asked for a detailed accounting of my time, figured I'd just let ya'll know.

Also, I am hoping to earn brownie points by mentioning the puppy casually and then being all, "oh yeah I have a puppy I guess you might wanna see it".

Adopting a heroic pose despite being like 6 pounds, our champion Parvo survivor -

oh hell no..

that's low down and dirty trinks right there.

Posting a pic of a pupper..

and a Rigtheous Looking Dogger too!!

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast