View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: ericwithakay - Now:FFXIV & GW2.Later:Ark,Warframe,Overwatch (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Now:FFXIV & GW2.Later:Ark,Warframe,Overwatch

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    FFXIV: Diego Pedraza, GW2: ericwithakay.2501

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    N/A

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    The most embarrassing thing I can think of happened pretty recently. I just started a new job where I work really closely with a team of about 10 people. My 28th birthday happened to fall on the same week that I started, so the team hosted a little get together with ice cream and cake and what not. Eventually everyone sort of split off into smaller groups and I was left chatting with a single person, let's call her Rebecca. Rebecca asks me if I have any plans for the night, and without really thinking I said something along the lines of "My girlfriend's high school is having a fundraiser at a Yacht Club tonight, so I'll probably go to that." There was a brief silence, but being oblivious as I am, I didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward to the next week, and I start to notice that people are subtlety asking me questions about my relationship. "How long have you two been together?", "Five years". "How did you meet?", "We met online". etc etc. Still, I'm new and I feel like everyone is just trying to get to know me.

Finally in the middle of the week we have a weekly meeting where everyone is present, and the most senior person on the team, lets call her Janice, asks if anyone has anything to talk about before the meeting starts. *Silence* "Well, I have something," says Janice.

She looks right at me and asks if I'm dating a high school student.

"What?, no!" "I'm dating a high school teacher !", I say.

The whole rest of the team in unison let's out an "ahhhhhhhh"

Tldr: For a week everyone at my new job thought I was a 28 y/o creep dating a high school student.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    My first job out of high school involved digging holes for 10 hours a day in the summer heat. I'm still not sure how it's humanly possible to stay hydrated in those conditions. It sucked.

I'm a scientist now: I design machines 1000x's smaller than a grain of sand, which is pretty cool on it's own, but my favorite part of the job by far is the flexibility. Besides meetings here and there I can work whenever I want, usually from wherever I want.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Super Mario 64: This is just one of those magnificent gems that doesn't seem to age. The graphics are still beautiful and the game-play still feels fluid. Easily my favorite platforming game of all time.

Devil May Cry (PS2): This game is highly cinematic, tells a good story, and best of all is perhaps the first great implementations of combo-driven combat in an action game. Totally blew me away when I first played it, and it still does to this day.

Final Fantasy X: This game really resonated with me when I was younger. I was absolutely hooked by the story which was told in these beautiful, long cut-scenes. It's like I was playing through a movie I never wanted to end. The skill tree system was also fantastic (might be my favorite skill system ever actually). This is a story that will always be revisiting.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Does Alexa count ? My girlfriend recently bought an amazon echo and I swear if you even sneeze she will activate and start doing something annoying like telling a lame joke or playing inappropriate music, etc. She even snapped a picture of me the other day. Not okay Alexa.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I consider myself a not-so-amateur astronomer. Here's a pic of me and my setup:

https://imgur.com/a/UpEIYqp

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Well first of all, you all seem like a really chill group of people. Secondly, I enjoy a lot of different types of games so it'd be awesome to be part of a community with such diverse interests. I originally came here for FFXIV and GW2, but Overwatch, Ark, and Warframe are all games I've had on my radar so I'm even more excited to try them out now !

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Have any of you ever met up in real life after playing together online for a while ? What was that like ?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    He hands me a poke ball containing some kind of light emitting Pokemon. Dark caves are scary, and the companionship/protection would be nice as well.

Hi there!

We're on Siren server on FFXIV, and let us know when you're going to be online so we can add you and chat with you in the linkshell!

Bonus question: What do you like about FFXIV the most, and what's your favorite job/class so far?
    CO: @ZandarTheWeeble
    FF XIV: Zandar Casseline on Siren
    PSN: Zandartheweeble
    Origin: Zandar1

Manderville, Manderville, Manderville man.

Hi Zandar, I'm usually online in the evenings PST, from around 7pm-10pm, off and on. Looking forward to chatting !

My favorite part of FFXIV is easily the community; everyone seems so patient and friendly. As an example: I just did The Praetorium for the first time, which should have been hell for everyone else because I couldn't skip the cut-scenes, lol, but they stuck with me and showed me the ropes, everyone seemed to be having a good time anyway.

I'm currently a White Mage which I really enjoy, but I can't say that I've tried any other classes. I've been playing MMO's for a long time (since vanilla WoW) and I have always been a healer so that's what I tend to gravitate towards. I'm sure I'll try more jobs once I level this one to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by ericwithakay View Post
    He hands me a poke ball containing some kind of light emitting Pokemon. Dark caves are scary, and the companionship/protection would be nice as well.
    You know, a lanturn would be an incredible utility pet. It can spontaneously generate water and electricity, act as a ground for the electricity it produces, be used as bait for feast-sized fish, and stun those same fish to retain its freshness and safe transport. Or it could freeze the fish it basically caught for you, because you can shove a compact disk into its brain to make that happen.

A patient trainer could eventually utilize an industrious lanturn as the perpetual-motion beating heart of an indoor farm, providing electricity for the lights, water for the plants, and farm other species of to create nutrient-rich fertilizer.

The indoor farm itself could be used to support the trainer's requirement for vegetables, or to provide society's desire for recreational substances in barter for various goods and services.

And its agricultural potential is just the beginning. One could find real-world applications for these creatures in waste treatment applications, materials production, building, entertainment--if you can dream it and it doesn't involve prize fighting, you can probably use a lanturn for it.

And with all of this, you'd utilize such an amazingly multifunctional creature as little more than a fancy night light?! Are you really sure that you're ready to go out on your first pokemon adventure, kid?

Hi Ericwithakay! Pleasure to meet you, please hit me up anytime if you want to group up in FFXIV.

Fun FFXIV question for you. Who is your favorite FFXIV villain and why?
    Last edited by Kalaan; 12-15-2018 at 02:08 PM.
    FFXIV: Savannah Cross | Diablo III: Midnight#1397

We got Eric in the Linkshell and into Mumble and he seems like a great guy. Drop by and say hi to him if you see him around!

Since noone answered your question for us, We had a meetup in Vegas this year for the 10th anniversary of Unrepentant's founding. Ueys from all over the US meet somewhere interesting to drink and have a good time. Some of us making longer trips made a long weekend out of it and did some touristy stuff. As far as what it was like, it was like hanging out with good friends, just now there's a face to the name, and the opportunity for greater shenanigans.

It sounds like you're reaching the end of ARR. Stick with it, there's a marked improvement in the quality of the story once you get to Shiva.
    Sisko of the U.S.S. Pants Optional

Hi eriK, welcome to the app process! I sometimes have a few simple questions, a hard one or two, or my go-to standard:

If you had to pick an avatar image to use out of the near-infinite images on the Internet, what would it be?

:3
    Steam: lundmusic
    Twitch: twitch.tv/lundjames
    Twitter: twitter.com/lundjames
    Discord: Rhaelses#9353

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Since no one has given you the official shpiel yet...

Welcome to The Process, erik with a K!!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
    4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

As to your scope, holy crap. And I thought I was fancy with wanting a Celestron that looks like a damn mortar tube. That thing is great you got there! Do you have any pics of anything interesting or even not interesting?

So you're building tiny machines. Nanobots? Are we anywhere near the ability to have flesh just knit itself back together yet?

moo

also..... since you asked about ARK...

How do you feel about dinosaur cloacae?
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

No post since December 12 and no avatar. Has anyone seen the applicant in game or in voice comms? If so, maybe coax them back here. Otherwise, I'm going to drop a NO in another day or so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast