View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: App: CaligoFox - Neverwinter, League of Legends, Minecraft (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter, League of Legends, Minecraft

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Caligo Fox

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No I don't

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Last month me and some friends decided to gather and play games and someone brought a bunch of pot brownies, of course eating one or two didn't feel enough at first, so after the fourth one it was time for me to catch the train for my town, which was also the last train of the day. Right as I got out of the building I started feeling the weed kicking in and had an internal dilemma - should I stay over or should I catch the train, high as f*ck... and of course i decided on the second option. When I got in the train the was a monitor which displayed the stops, and I saw there was one stop before mine. The problem was that I was so fucking high I couldn't comprehend all of this information and went off on the wrong stop....and when I realized my mistake it was already way too late. My phone was broken so I couldnt call anyone for help, there were no more trains and I was 2 hours away from my house in the middle of the night at around 2 AM stranded at the train stop of some random park with a stadium AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE . Being really confused and not knowing what to do I bought two more tickets from the ticket machine, which felt like the most difficult thing in my whole life because I was so high I could barely shove my debit card in the machine, and after 10 minutes of struggling i finally managed to do it....which was pointless cuz no trains LOL. After panicking for half an hour more and my situation getting even worse I decided to go in the waiting cabins of the station because I thought of staying there for the night....and then all of the lights of the station went off which made me even more paranoid , then I had the biggest luck in my life. A random cyclist cycled close by, I went out of the completely dark waiting cabin and shouted at him for help. He looked shook for a sec but I (desperately ) tried to explain my situation to him while stuttering a lot because I was probably higher than NASA's satellites by then. He was understanding and called me a taxi. Next thing I know I'm already in the taxi cab and the driver was really friendly , constantly asking me questions. When I told him where I am from he was surprised and then blasted the most disgusting turbo-folk music of my country saying he is a huge fan, and then poking me to sing with him. I've never EVER expected I'd be stranded lost in the Netherlands in a taxi cab , high as fuck , listening to turbofolk music, contemplating if living is actually worth it lol. After that I don't know when we reached my house and how did I even reach my bed, but I know only one thing. Getting out of my bed the next day was the most difficult thing I've ever done.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I was still in high school when I got the opportunity to do the billboards and panes of a theater group who had an upcoming performance in my town. It took me a long time but in the end there were more than happy with the results and gave me more money than anticipated which was also my first working experience as a graphic designer.

My worst experience was when a friend told me he found some people who would give us money for some * basic tasks* around their flat. When we arrived there we saw two shovels and lots of big bags waiting for us....and then we realized that the task was that we had to row out huge loads of pigeon poop from 10 balconies on the highest floors from those people's building.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    A simple but very special for me game is the old school Naruto battle arena which brings me back to my childhood when I used to play with my friends . Every now and then we play again for that sweet nostalgic feeling.

Ori and the blind forest - this game had me in awe with its graphics , I've replayed it more than 14 times and I wont stop there. Occasionally when I need inspiration for drawing or need some fun I wont hesitate starting it all over again.

Fusion fall - One of Cartoon Network's games. This is the game that probably made me love gaming so much, the graphics, the story , the gameplay, everything seemed perfect for me. Also it because of it I started playing Neverwinter after the game shut down, it resembled it so much that I fell in love with Neverwinter instantly.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Trough out the years I've met lots of annoying people, but as I started university recently I met the MOST ANNOYING girl ever in one of my lectures. She is absolutely loud and talks whenever she wants to and displays no ethics whatsoever. She gets way too *personal * with people and doesnt value private space at all. And if she sees someone she knows in the uni halls she screams while running at them. The worst thing is that we are in the same program and the same class, and I guess I'll have to live that for several months....

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Not many people find this cool but I love plants and biology. I constantly try to root or sprout seeds and cuttings I find or take when I go on walk, and can confidently say that 90% of the time I'm successful with my experiments. I'd post pictures but my phone is still broken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I wanted to find a guild with lots of friendly people, with as less conflict and drama as possible and a community with supportive and always ready to help people, ready to become more than just a gaming acquaintance but a possible friend.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    What motivated you to create this community?

How did it all start?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A lantern - lets assume I didn't bring any source of light, so I think I'll need something which will allow me to see in the cave

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Cali! Welcome to the App process...some yellow named Uey should be by and let you know how we do things...First off, I see you mentioned something about university, what school are you going to? and what is your major as well? and I see you are applying with a few games..Neverwinter, I have played in the past and enjoyed the game when I played it..I'm normally game hopping lol What class are you playing right now in there? and you should be getting a guild invite soon for Neverwinter as well..If you have any questions or need any help at all, please let one of us know and we will be happy to help you, and Good luck with your App
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

CaligoFox. i like the name. I like the in-depth story telling of you pot brownie experience. I once (probably 21 years ago) smoked some...stuff...that I shouldn't have (I was in the US Navy at the time), and ended up on my back, staring at the ceiling for two hours while my buddies talked and took turns making sure I was still breathing.

Anyway, the basics of joining Unrepentant, or "The U" as we call it, are like this: You need four YES votes from folks who have yellow, green, or purple names (mainly yellows - we're the Ufficers) to gain acceptance. Three NO votes will end the application. You'll want to stay active in this application thread; getting yourself an avatar is a plus as well. Playing nice and having fun with Ueys in Neverwinter always helps, and make sure, if you have a particularly good time, you urge the folks you were with to come here and post about it. Input from Ueys is pretty important. Generally, the best ways to NOT be accepted are to go absent from your app completely, and being a jerk. Now, some may ask how the hell I got in based off of the "not be a jerk" part, but I'm a special kind of jerk. Not as jerky as Rhyzen, though; he is Sir Jerky of House Jerkington, Esquire. Don't ask.

Anyway, make sure you get hooked up with our Neverwinter folks - a lot of our Ufficers who are active in the application process play that particular game.

As to how/why the community was created, there's a good writeup regarding that in another section of the forums; I feel I would do it a disservice by abbreviating it, as I wasn't there for its creation. And in regard to LoL and Minecraft - I played League once or twice, and realized almost immediately that I wasn't a MOBA kinda guy. Minecraft, however...that's my go-to game when I can't find anything else interesting to play. We have an official-ish Uey vanilla server, and usually have a couple folks hosting various modded servers.

So here's where I usually fumble for an obligatory question to ask an applicant - but this time, I really do have one:

What the fuck is turbo-folk music, and should I listen to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

Yea, what Puhfloyd said.

Also, if you want to join us in Neverwinter during your application process, you can find us in game by joining our in game custom chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a guild invite. You join the channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat line, then /uey to open the channel. Once in the guild, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page. If I can't identify people, I tend to put on my kicking shoes. Also, guild boons, don't want to forget about those.

Hope to see you in game.

Btw, I also want to know what the fuck turbo folk music is, and whether or not Pfloyd should be listening to it.

Man, I wrote all that stuff, and Foxy hasn't come back around. Going to throw a NO for now due to inactivity.

NO, ​Driveby.

​No
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!