View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Maddy - NeverWinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    NeverWinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    maddy#3559

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I decided to let loose in my final year of thesis like every other adult who has had enough of the grind! So here we are sneakingly smoking up in the girls washroom, which just happens to be next to our studio.
    [TIME FOR A BACK STORY] Well, like any other institute in any country, it's pretty much illegal, except you know when you're in an art school you expect things to be laid back. (Yet, of all the schools, I happened to pick an art school under army management.) Whereas, I was living in my anime world, I barely understood the real life dilemmas. Real life was like fantasy to me.
    Anyway, [back to the story] so we decide that once we reach our high, we are going to go back to the studio and avoid interaction with anyone. It was time for Thesis Research lecture, so we felt that we ought to rest this out and maintain low profile.
    When the time came to enter our studio, one by one my friends all left the bathroom and quietly sat in their respective seats. It was my turn, I repeated in my head thrice, "all you have to do is walk in a straight line, locate an empty seat and just relax!" I entered the studio, with that mindset, yet my body had a mind of its own. I COULD NOT WALK STRAIGHT! Of course, I caught the lecturers eye and once our eyes met. Maddy (me, myself and I), went in to panic mode. My over compensating side overtook my decision making motors. Instead of keeping low profile, I straight up walked towards the lecturer, (I wreaked of hash).
    She was so confused with my actions, my face was 6 inches from hers. I could see the discomfort in her eyes, and yet, I continued to open my mouth so close to hers as if I was affirming her doubts if any left.
    "CAN WE PLEASE DISCUSS MY PROJECT, I would really like to talk about my project, I think we should definitely discuss my project in class!" I was shouting for no reason.
    *background noise of laughing hyenas*
    She was astounded by me, "Would you please just take your seat?"
    She remained calm but I was on a mission to self destruct. My brain was screaming at me to calm down but nope! I wouldn't back down. That was the first time I experienced panic while being high.
    Well, let's just say the lecture went by with laughter (I was the joke of course) while my friend kept a hold of me for the rest of class to make sure I don't go into overdrive.
    Sigh! As a fifth year student who was also president of the alumni homecoming association of one of the top universities in my country, I sure did uphold that level of utter humiliation.
    It's funny to remember it now though.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest job was to construct life size models of R2D2 and (human scale) Jedi star fighter for a cinema that was premiering The Last Jedi. And that also happens to be one of the worst. Not that the job isn't what I ideally wanted, it's just the inhuman deadline and the manner in which the project got forced upon me.
    Initially, I rejected the job, because I can't bear the burden of giving bad quality work but the woman in charge sent money in my account and started begging me to help. Even though, I warned her I can only give it a shot and see where it goes.
    It went to shit of course! Like one of those days where you have to submit an assignment but the force is not on your side. Everything started falling apart on the last day, R2D2 got punctured and dented, the metal frame of the Star-fighter and it's surface got dismantled in transportation.
    So none of it was even displayed after 2 weeks of grinding and backbreaking hard work.
    The client did not even pay up, instead demanded refund of the expenditure, they went berserk on me. Eventually, I proved to them with screen-shots of the conversation between me and the lady who made the deal.
    But yeah, I am traumatized of how things can go real bad altogether no matter how hard you try, sometimes it's better to retreat!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Assassins Creed: I am a fool for attention to details, like in the history of architecture was quite apt and in sync with every era. It's one of my goto games when I feel like I want to play for relaxation.
    Tekken, street fighters, mortal combat and COD: I use them for relieving frustration and stress! Pure adrenaline rush!
    The Witcher: OH! How I immediately fell in love with its game environment. I did all my missions double the time because I would grab snacks in between sit on a high spot and just observe the details in its scenery.
    I hate choosing from my top favorites!
    I have to mention Chrono Trigger (a childhood fave), series of final fantasy, Persona, Beyond two souls, inFamouse, Tomb Raider, Thief, Mirrors Edge, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, Portal, Life is Strange, dead space, Destiny, the last of us and Unchartered, these will always be on my replay lists! I cried at times, screamed from jump thrills and felt elevated on other occasions!
    *emotional rant* acknowledged!

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Ah... my roommate during my 4 years of hostel life.
    So in my country, it's not very common for girls to play games or watch anime or do anything that could involve FUN. (okay, yeah I exaggerated that bit)
    Anyway, my roommate studied in an American school system, she was pretty basic, I can't sound less demeaning I suppose. Being basic isn't bad tbh, just that when it piles up with fake kindness, gossiping, irritating remarks, manipulation and LYING ABOUT HAVING CANCER.
    Yes! People actually do that to gain attention!
    Sigh! It just got messy and toxic beyond tolerating. I was ecstatic to graduate just so I wouldn't have to live through that pile of fresh bullshit!
    Not to mention the times she would nag me for playing games or watching anime in my free time.
    Thanks to her I started labeling non-gamers as NPCs in my own life, the ones I cannot spend more than a few hours with. The joy sucking vampires!

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I'm an architect by profession, part time photographer and a freelance painter!
    I want to be an entire package, I wish to wander away in the wild, explore, observe and recreate whatever I can to preserve some essence of moments in life. I am still figuring it all out though.
    Oh! check out my instagram for some PLUS POINTS?! XD

https://www.instagram.com/madeehajaved

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Honestly, it's when I saw the membership form, how thorough it all is! I was fascinated with the site. I have never been a part of any guild, perhaps it has to do with how I grew up in a sheltered environment. It was only recently, I started acknowledging the benefits gaming has brought me.
    I believe you can probably tell by the choice of my games, in my past, I mostly played solo player games.
    Since 2016, I believe that's when I started playing dota 2. I shifted from playing on playstation to PC because that's all that was allowed in the hostels.
    After playing DOTA I started understanding how big the gaming community is, how it feels to play with real people with meaningful (sometimes unnecessarily angry) remarks! I finally understood the loneliness of not having friends to play with.
    Oops! I sorta rambled on about my own history instead of answering the question! Well to get back to the point, I find this quite fascinating and I want to belong to someplace that understands what it means to belong and to commit.
    I hope I can too!
    Especially after reading this https://www.arcgames.com/index.php/f...3A-unrepentant

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Who designed these questions?
    How many applications do you actually get and which have been the most fascinating ones? (just kinda curious)
    :3 pretty much most of my questions were answered in the latter article!

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A ball of fluff (fairy dragon pet) that acts as a guide to hint at safer routes and tactics with a small bag containing 3 healing potions and an invisibility potion.

Say your acceptance in to Uey hinged on one thing and you, of course accepted. You must consume the chair you are sitting in within one calendar year. What is your gameplan?

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Maddy! Welcome to the App Process..some yellow named peep, should be by soon and let you know how we do things...The thing that caught my eye the most out of your App, was Assassins creed.I am a HUGE fan of that franchise, so it's nice to see another fan of it! which ones have you played so far out of the franchise? I'm playing Odyssey right now, and I've loved every minute of it thus far lol I love the open world concept it has, so much to do in it lol,and you also be getting a guild invite soon for Neverwinter, and if you need any help or have any questions please let one of us know, and we will be happy to help you and Good Luck with your App
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Maddy, I have to say that is one of the most filled out applications I have ever seen.

I mean that in the most honest way possible!!

Now, from the smelly gwf contingent.. a question du jour.

What fruit, what vegetable, and what island could you just live on for a year and have a free and easy life?

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

hey Maddy have you received an invite to the guild yet? Also you can check out some great apps accepted and rejected in the app center. Those were some amazing pictures.
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!

Hi Maddy,

Welcome to the application process. If you have not done so already, you can join us in Neverwinter by joining our in game custom chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a guild invite. You join the chat channel by typing /channel_join uey. Once in the guild, it's important to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so we know who you are, otherwise, you'll likely be kicked.

A note on the application process: this is our way of determining whether we will be a mutual good fit, much like a first date, maybe a first date on acid, but a first date nonetheless. Therefore, it's important for you to stay active here in your app thread during the process, even if you've been active in game, as not everyone plays Neverwinter. Once the app process is completed, we impose no activity requirements on our members. You need 4 yes votes for acceptance and 3 no votes for rejection. Most rejections are for inactivity during the app process. The official votes will come from members with yellow, green or purple forum names. Members with red forum names cannot cast official votes, but may still drop by here to interact, ask questions or cast unofficial votes, which are important to the voting members.

Lot going on in this app...and as I see we have already asked you a lot of questions I'll keep my powder dry til you have caught up. Good luck with the app though!
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Nothing since that great opening post and it's been a week now...anyone seen this applicant?

NO,driveby. Probably the most filled out driveby application I've seen.

No.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast