View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Owyn - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Owyn Grimshield@owyyn43

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I punched Mark Hamill in the head with an animatronic puppet. I was working at the haunted house put on by Richard Garriott around the time that Wing Commander III was wrapping up. Naturally, Mark was there and getting Star Wars quips thrown at him all night. He really got into the spirit of the whole thing, but unfortunately this caused him to climb the barricade to the "tree house" of the evil puppet. Being young and star struck with Luke Skywalker right there in my face, I panicked and bopped him right in the noggin with that puppet.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Tough one. Coolest job was actually installing playground equipment. It was nice to be able to cruise by a school or apartment complex with our equipment and be able to actually see the joy you had bought with your sweat and labor. The worst was probably one that most would covet. I worked for a few years for 2K/Rockstar games. I found that actually playing games for a living sucked the joy right out of playing them at home. Also, they dangled an assignment in England in front of me (got my passport and company credit card all lined out) and then just had the developer hire their own QA on site, and used it as an excuse to pass me over for promotion (they couldn't send a QA lead offsite).

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Skies of Arcadia (gamecube version), because it was just really fun and the world was very engaging. Skyrim, because I never can seem to finish it. Fallout 2, because Black Isle Fallout is best Fallout.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I am the most annoying person I've ever met. My friends often refer to me as "Belligero the Clown" as when I get drunk it's a coin toss if I'm gonna get fighty or huggy or both.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0vaMaFqSK/ I used to be Santa Claus

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Browsing through Reddit and looking at guild recruit spam in game made me search out something a little more involved.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Will you still need me? Will you still feed me, when I'm 64?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Certainly you don't want the actual answer to that, so I'll say, a goat. They're great company, outstanding alarm systems and if worse comes to worst you can eat them.

Hi Owyn,

Welcome to the application process, our way of seeing if we are a mutual good fit, much like a first date. If you want to join us in Nevereinter while your app is pending, you can do so by joining our in game custom chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a guild invite. Any member can hook you up with that. You join our chat channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat line. Once you get your invite, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page so we know who you are, otherwise you're likely to be kicked. We also have discord and mumble. In Neverwinter, we use discord andyou can find the link in the guild MotD. If you're interested in Mumble, someone will have to pm you the info

As far as the application process goes, it's important to stay active here in the app thread, even if you've been active in game, as not everyone in the community plays Neverwinter. You need 4 yes votes for acceptance and only 3 no votes for rejection. The official voting will come fromthose of us with yellow, green or purple forum names. Those with red forum names cannot cast official votes, but may still stop by to comment, interact or cast unofficial votes for the voters to consider. Most rejected applications are for inactivity in the application. That said, once a member, we impose no activity requirements whatsoever.

So, you hit Mark Hamill in the head? How did that play out? How did he react?

It went about as uncomfortably as it could. He stared at me with huge saucer eyes and I stared back at him trying to come up with anything to say. Finally he just slunk back down the steps and that was that. I did finally message him on a couple of platforms in the last couple of years with the specifics but he either doesn't remember the incident or doesn't care enough to accept my apology.

just read through the app

-- cleaning out the cobwebs --

now, if you to pick a fruit, an island and a vegetable to live on for the next year, what say you?

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

I say pineapple for the fruit, Ireland for the island (great whiskey and supermarkets in which to procure the pineapple) and potatoes (technically a tuber but still commonly counted amongst the vegetables and can be fermented into vodka).

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Oi! Welcome to the process! I think you have one of the greatest lines in any app I've seen to date. This is just amazing.

" Being young and star struck with Luke Skywalker right there in my face, I panicked and bopped him right in the noggin with that puppet."
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Thanks! While it makes for a great conversation piece, it was NOT how I wanted my first interaction with a Star Wars icon to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Owyn View Post
    [B]
    Will you still need me? Will you still feed me, when I'm 64?
    Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
    It took me years to write, will you take a look?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

So, you wanna be a paperback writer?

I saw you in game just night when I logged in to grab my key. Have you had a chance ro group with anyone yet. Tons of people have lower level toons with the new promotion

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast