View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Captain Morgan - World of Warcraft, Fallouts, Diablos, (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    World of Warcraft, Fallouts, Diablos,

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Profitofdoom

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Safyrstunner

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    This is borderline adult as I was still living at home but I once woke up to my parents and brother yelling at me to get out of my room because a tree had fallen on our house and landed about 4 feet from where I was sleeping. It literally broke my window and branches were nearly touching me. Slept through the whole thing. apparently I'm a deep sleeper but to this day, I've never had anyone draw inappropriate things on my face.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The Coolest Job ive ever had is probably my current one working in a large open gravel pit. We get an array of wildlife on our site and every day is different. It also helps me stay in reasonable shape without having to go to the gym.

Worst was 3/4 of a day i spent at a dog treat manufacturer when i was 17. Everything was fine until they rolled up a giant vat of Bull penises, yeah that's gonna be a no for me.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    World of Warcraft: At this point I have so much time invested it would just be silly to stop! 85-90% of my adult gaming has been spent here.

Every once in awhile I have an irresistible urge to build a city in SimCity. I blame this on sitting in traffic commuting to work.

I have an annual urge to start a survival map on minecraft as well which I have absolutely no explanation for

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    That would be an old boss I had. He was so profoundly stupid, which in itself isn't such a bad thing but he was also a pathological liar and would never admit mistakes. I was made to do so many utterly useless jobs and when physical labor is involved, it is particularly irritating

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I like to spend most of my holiday time at a Cabin my family has in a coastal forest. Its an absolute treasure to be able to just totally disconnect from the world and live simply every now and then.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I have never had a sense of community playing games but i joined the WoW guild Dazed and confused and really enjoyed the people there and they suggested I join this community and I found that to be a good idea for when I do venture to other games. Nice to carry the sense of community over

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Roughly how many total members?
    How many Canadians? (im weird i like statistics)

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A crappy sword that I need to replace as quickly as possible because everything outside of that cave wants to randomly run in to me

Captain Morgan (Profit) is a member in great standing with Dazed n Confused - both alliance side and is an officer on the Horde side Confused n Dazed. He is a team player - and will drop stuff to help out a guildie in need. The one thing I see missing from this app so far is the avatar - we definitely need to see how you represent yourself in pixels! I plan to come back with questions - just wanted to say GL with app - glad you finally got around to it

--Safy

Gotta say that Profit is always fun and helpful in Guild Chat. I enjoy having him around.

Also, lol at the dog treat factory. I'd have noped out too. Definitely a good decision

Apparently according to the forum we have 6,446 members.
    Last edited by Fizbok; 11-24-2018 at 11:01 AM.

"Blanket statements are always bad and should always be avoided." - Mara Wilson

Tylwythteg on Hyjal and Mercysfall on Area 52.

Welcome to the app process!! I'm going to assume you meant Saf and I in the friends in the community since we are so much the same.

I've had the pleasure of knowing Captain Morgan in WoW since he joined Dazed and Confused. Great person and sense of humor.

Fun with random questions time.

So the old boss you mentioned in the people that most annoyed you, and the dog treat manufacturer you once worked at, given the choice if you were made to work one place or the other, which one would you choose now? Boss or Bull Penis?

Second question. What are your feelings towards the clowns that live your closet?

I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle. - Capt Spaulding

Quote Originally Posted by Romen View Post
    Welcome to the app process!! I'm going to assume you meant Saf and I in the friends in the community since we are so much the same.

I've had the pleasure of knowing Captain Morgan in WoW since he joined Dazed and Confused. Great person and sense of humor.

Fun with random questions time.

So the old boss you mentioned in the people that most annoyed you, and the dog treat manufacturer you once worked at, given the choice if you were made to work one place or the other, which one would you choose now? Boss or Bull Penis?

Second question. What are your feelings towards the clowns that live your closet?
    #1: Old boss, at least I could make myself feel better by being smarter than him.
    #2: As long as they stay out of my safe, they're ok.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Welcome to The Process, Captain Morgan!!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. (Though I assume you know already from saffy and romen) Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
    4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

That all being said, having saffy and romen speak up for you says a bit. I got to hang out with those two in Vegas this year and gotta say they are good peeps so you likely are too.

HOWEVER. You still need your tarring and feathering just like every body else, and if we feel particularly cruel a visit to chef B's van.

Now saying 85 to 90% of your adult life has been playing wow begs the question of how old you actually are. Coz wow has been out for a bit but not THAT long. At a wild guess you are under 30? If you don't want to answer you don't have to, just curious. I understand about MMO stealing your life away. When I got sucked into Dark Age of Camelot I lost probably 10 or more years where I'd get off work and play till 2 or 3 in the morning and go back to work. Weekends were the same, I suspect you know of what I speak

This cabin of your families, how fancy is it?
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post

This^^^^^^ I was thinking we need to have UEYCon there if it's nice enough...Force the UEYness upon him....

Hoy Hoy!! Welcome to the app process. I'm the G/L of Badwolf Corporation, the Uey guild on Area 52 Horde side.
    Great start to your app and lots of positive feedback so far! Yes, the folks over at Dazed are good people!
    OK....question time .
    1. Who is your favorite historical person and why.
    2. What is your favorite food/meal to cook?
    3. What is your zombie plan?

Good start with the app. Keep checking back here and keep up the conversation. You will do fine!
    P.S . I have to pop back on my little warlock in Dazed again....
    I'm Holliquinn in World of Warcraft.
    But everyone calls me Holli.

Also, if you wish to create a toon on Area 52, just /whobadwolfcorporation. Anyone can invite. We'll leave the light on for you.

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Welcome to The Process, Captain Morgan!!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. (Though I assume you know already from saffy and romen) Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
    4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

That all being said, having saffy and romen speak up for you says a bit. I got to hang out with those two in Vegas this year and gotta say they are good peeps so you likely are too.

HOWEVER. You still need your tarring and feathering just like every body else, and if we feel particularly cruel a visit to chef B's van.

Now saying 85 to 90% of your adult life has been playing wow begs the question of how old you actually are. Coz wow has been out for a bit but not THAT long. At a wild guess you are under 30? If you don't want to answer you don't have to, just curious. I understand about MMO stealing your life away. When I got sucked into Dark Age of Camelot I lost probably 10 or more years where I'd get off work and play till 2 or 3 in the morning and go back to work. Weekends were the same, I suspect you know of what I speak

I am 36 years old. I didn't spend a lot of time in my early 20s playing video games, I was more or less being social. As for the fancyness of said cabin, its got no power, running water is fed by a creek and has a very basic septic system. its not exactly pretty lol But we plan on upgrades and take care of it the best we can for its remoteness. Boat access only as well so that provides a degree of isolation. Anywho I stand ready for whatever tar and feathering needs to be done and Ill do my best to be present.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast