View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Kat Trickfoot - NWO, Ark, GW2, TSW, Warframe... mostly NWO (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    NWO, Ark, GW2, TSW, Warframe... mostly NWO

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Character name is Kat Trickfoot

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    nope none yet.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    hmm, I would have to say... I was in the store with my step son and husband. I had a bit of gas on my belly so I let out a burp.. well needless to say, my lovely step-son (who was 9 at the time) screamed out at the top of his lungs... "MATING CALL"... I was never so embarrassed as I was at that one moment in time. Unless you consider letting off an SBD while standing in line at a checkout counter, and the person directly behind you is very, very short.... that was pretty bad to.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Working for Electronic arts as a GM for Ultima Online back in 99 not long after it came out. I loved being a GM because it gave me amazing memories, and tons of friends .. i miss them fondly. Worst job.. working for comcast... lets just say dealing with customers is very tiring and time consuming and I'm not sure what was in the water, but the stupid is strong with those people.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Video games... hmm.. Diablo III, Torchlight II, and Subnautica. Diablo III because I really just enjoy that game.. Hack and slash and playing with my husband. Torchlight II because I loved all the games before it that were made in similar standard by the same company before they closed down. Subnautica because I love survival games, and that game always lets me find something new, so it never feels boring.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Honestly it is not one person that is most annoying. I dislike people who can't like people for who they are. I like most people until they give me a reason to dislike them, then I just ignore them.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I have lost an entire person in weight. And now when I try to even lift 50 lbs I wonder how in the world I once carried an extra 130+ lbs.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    You guys do multiple games, and I while I do enjoy gaming alone, I want to be able to game with other people sometimes, and it's nice when there is a guild that does multiple games..

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you all like cake? Gotta enjoy cake or baking..

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A floof. It's a magical tiny little critter that has ears like a fox, tail like a cat, face and legs like a bunny, with little wings that are somewhat bat like. They have little bells on their tale tied with a bow, and their favorite food is fruit. I could seriously go on and on, but why.. because everyone needs a friend, and being that they are magical they can summon little light balls..

Met us in /uey. Has a sense of humor.
    Good start

Heyo, Mrs. Trickfoot. I'm hoping the foot isn't like a trick knee, giving out at very inopportune moments and such. Quick rundown - four YES votes from yellow/green/purple-colored name folk peoples and you're in; three NO votes, and the cake you mentioned is a lie.

Sounds like you're already getting along nicely with the NW gang, so keep it up. And congrats on losing...130 lbs??!?! Holy shit, that's awesome. Almost as awesome as your step-son sounds. I let out a pretty hearty lol after I read that, and am hoping to use it at some point in the future with my wife.

One more thing - Subnautica. I've seen a few Uey applicants list it as a go-to game. I played it a while back (couple of years, I think), and while it was fun, it was definitely toward the EARLY end of Early Access. I'm guessing there have been quite a few changes over that time; what kinda stuff do you find most interesting in Subnautica and survival games in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Howdy...so is your hubby going to join you in the app process as well?

I remember UO though I really was more an EQ guy.

Customer service is just shitty and EVERYONE should be required to work 6 months in Customer Service or Food Service...if you have a good manager it makes all the difference, but too many managers are clueless and don't understand how to satisfy a customer without undercutting the employee or capitulating to the customer.

So I have a couple of questions about you losing an extra person, did you undergo bypass or a gastric sleeve or some other method? My wife and I are both on the heavy side and could each stand to lose 100 lbs or so but are old enough that traditional methods just really aren't an option. I am collecting information from folks who opted for surgical solutions, if that is you.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Quote Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
    Heyo, Mrs. Trickfoot. I'm hoping the foot isn't like a trick knee, giving out at very inopportune moments and such. Quick rundown - four YES votes from yellow/green/purple-colored name folk peoples and you're in; three NO votes, and the cake you mentioned is a lie.

Sounds like you're already getting along nicely with the NW gang, so keep it up. And congrats on losing...130 lbs??!?! Holy shit, that's awesome. Almost as awesome as your step-son sounds. I let out a pretty hearty lol after I read that, and am hoping to use it at some point in the future with my wife.

One more thing - Subnautica. I've seen a few Uey applicants list it as a go-to game. I played it a while back (couple of years, I think), and while it was fun, it was definitely toward the EARLY end of Early Access. I'm guessing there have been quite a few changes over that time; what kinda stuff do you find most interesting in Subnautica and survival games in general?

It has completely changed and it's 100% finished now. In fact they are now making a stand alone sequel. I'm pretty excited for it. I'm glad you got a kick out of my step son. He is now 25 and has been in the navy since 18. He finally gets to come home with his wife/child. Can't believe I was a grandma at 37.

I tried everything, every diet you could think of. I lost 40 lbs by starving myself (no surgery yet) and then I got cancer and had to go for a radical hysterectomy. However I've been NED (no evidence of Disease) for 2 years now and will be three come march 2019. But I gained all the weight I lost back and more. So Feb 2017 I started the process to get approved for gastric bypass. On August 7th 2017 I had my surgery. And while it has been really tough. Mostly due to the fact I can no longer eat many of the foods I used to love. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I won't lie it was a rough first couple weeks. I still was on a liquid diet and was absolutely sick of anything sweet. Broth was my main go to just for savory, however... it was all completely worth it. I can still eat many of the foods I once loved but it's very limited by how much. I completely gave up pop, bread, rice. (I stick to a keto diet for the most part... LOTS of protein/good fats and very, very little carbs. 1 because I have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome - even though I no longer have ovaries, I still have it due to this is an endocrine issue) and carbs are the number one enemy. However I love being able to eat more meat, and cheeses. I eat some fruit, but I have to limit it due to sugar. I gave up most candy but I do eat a couple M&M's here and there. Or some good ice cream but it has to be very small quantities or you get what is called dumping syndrome.

I would honestly suggest the bypass over the sleeve to most people 100lbs or more over weight as they have the greatest success. I also suggest RNY (gastric bypass) over sleeve due to the fact that many who get the sleeve end up with massive heartburn. RNY you almost never have to worry about that. You also need to drink, drink, drink (water, decaf coffee.. whatever you like without tons of sugar) and you have to have a regime of vitamins. But so far I've not had to worry about vitamins at all, minus potassium and magnesium and Vit. D. If you ever have any questions I'm more than happy to answer them for you about my experience and how everything went. I'm not shy about it.

Oh but be prepared to be cold all the time once you start loosing weight LMAO. I went from 75 being too damn hot to.. Gimme my damn electric blanket and stop staring at me like I'm crazy!

Oh and BTW my real name is Miranda, I just registered with my in game name because I'm old school!!

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Trickfoot View Post
    I tried everything, every diet you could think of. I lost 40 lbs by starving myself (no surgery yet) and then I got cancer and had to go for a radical hysterectomy. However I've been NED (no evidence of Disease) for 2 years now and will be three come march 2019. But I gained all the weight I lost back and more. So Feb 2017 I started the process to get approved for gastric bypass. On August 7th 2017 I had my surgery. And while it has been really tough. Mostly due to the fact I can no longer eat many of the foods I used to love. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I won't lie it was a rough first couple weeks. I still was on a liquid diet and was absolutely sick of anything sweet. Broth was my main go to just for savory, however... it was all completely worth it. I can still eat many of the foods I once loved but it's very limited by how much. I completely gave up pop, bread, rice. (I stick to a keto diet for the most part... LOTS of protein/good fats and very, very little carbs. 1 because I have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome - even though I no longer have ovaries, I still have it due to this is an endocrine issue) and carbs are the number one enemy. However I love being able to eat more meat, and cheeses. I eat some fruit, but I have to limit it due to sugar. I gave up most candy but I do eat a couple M&M's here and there. Or some good ice cream but it has to be very small quantities or you get what is called dumping syndrome.

I would honestly suggest the bypass over the sleeve to most people 100lbs or more over weight as they have the greatest success. I also suggest RNY (gastric bypass) over sleeve due to the fact that many who get the sleeve end up with massive heartburn. RNY you almost never have to worry about that. You also need to drink, drink, drink (water, decaf coffee.. whatever you like without tons of sugar) and you have to have a regime of vitamins. But so far I've not had to worry about vitamins at all, minus potassium and magnesium and Vit. D. If you ever have any questions I'm more than happy to answer them for you about my experience and how everything went. I'm not shy about it.

Oh but be prepared to be cold all the time once you start loosing weight LMAO. I went from 75 being too damn hot to.. Gimme my damn electric blanket and stop staring at me like I'm crazy!

Oh and BTW my real name is Miranda, I just registered with my in game name because I'm old school!!
    Awesome to hear, I've had a few friends undergo the procedure with great success ans am just tired of being fat and tired all the time. I still eat the occasional junk, but I gave up artifical sweetener and soft drinks about a month ago, turns out a lot of my problems were related to Aspartame...I also cut out gluten, though I occasionally break that, when both of my daughters came up as gluten sensitive, lost about 30 lbs after doing that but am plateaued at around 350 now and would like to get back to fighting weight around 250, which is where I was for most of my 20's and 30's when I still hit the gym and gave a shit, you know, before kids :-)

I've done a lot of reading on metabolism and obesity as disease and they all concur that once your body becomes accustomed to a certain size and weight it becomes extraordinarily difficult to change that. The success of the bypass and sleeve procedures seems to be that it fools your body into thinking you are supposed to be 1/4 to 1/3 smaller than you are and it then actually helps get you to that size by increasing metabolism etc.

The sleeve is significantly cheaper than the bypass, which is why I was looking at it. But I have to do something, both my parents were dead by 65 and weren't nearly as fat as me :-) If I wasn't pretty tall I would be in worse trouble :-)

Also we all go by handles, though we do pick up real names from time to time and when anyone is traveling we always try to meet up with other members. Mine is easy because my handle is derived from my real name and I've been using it since the mid 80's on BBS boards. So Hunt works :-)

Still curious if your husband is going to join as well, more the merrier...we have quite a few couples that play here.

He might if I can get the hubby back into the game. Although with this crappy internet I doubt both of us at the same time.

Points for already having the avatar. If you've been in uey chat, you've probably already done this, but if not, ask in uey chat for an invite to the Neverwinter guild. Also, we have discord, you can get those deets in the guild MoTD.

Yep already got invited and in uey. Here is to hoping I make it to member. I won't be on today for quite awhile having to go to Spokane.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast