View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: App: JoeB - Fallout 76 (4/0)

How's the Fallout 76 been treating you? Thanks for the offer to help with the PvPees the other day. Unfortunately I had just given up trying to set up at that workshop by the time you replied. Good news was yesterday I spent a couple hours hanging out with a random dude who invited me to his group after I helped defend the Poseidon Power Plant. He was even nice enough to give me power cores regularly, as I guess I was nice enough to not flat out loot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Woohoo! I'm a special person now as well! Look out guysl... my penis is gonna be HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Meh. My hair looks dumb and I can't find sheep.

You going to be on today at some point? Would be great to get on together again.

Been having fun though with the others that have been on over the Thanksgiving Holiday, BoomFizzPop, Gweyn, Thaine, Death_Rictus and a few others.

Up to Level 31. Found that Fusion cores are easy to get, just have to know all the locations of the power armor spans, each one has one. So you can login/out, of course the well known one that is that first mine you go to in the Firebreathers quest is usually taken, but found a couple that I was able to grab about 5 cores in 30 minutes.

So who's going to be first to buy me a Stella or any Lager, Dark Brown is ok sometimes, defiantly no IPA's though.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    level15! nice...how are liking Fall out 76? Sorry for my late response
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

I don't think I'd be enjoying it as much if I wasn't playing with people.

I get that your forging the new world in Virginia as you are the first ones out and that people not in the vault in the area are all dead or mutated.

Is it Rosie (the one in the ski place in the main story)? That robot is the bright spot of the story so far, they need more "smart" robots and I think they would have a better story without reading 15,000 pages. Would have been great to if they could have incorporated some "smart" Super Mutants/ghouls. I mean there were some in FO4 that you interacted with, so there should be some in Virginia that still have enough brains left to want to not shoot you on site.

Here's hoping when mods come out that people are able to add in NPC's and more story with some non dead characters, just feels desolate when not playing with actual people.

Funny how leveling/loot was on the bottom of my list in FO:NV and FO4 (unlike Borderlands, which the point is funny lines and loot galore), I needed better weapons to progress the story sometimes, but the story was the lead. And FO4 quest mods extended the story (Fusion City, Vault 1080, Project Valkyrie and more) and I think their story lines were just as good as the game itself.

Now the loot/leveling is the lead in the game. Not sure how much that will hold me into the game for the long term, but mods will probably bring me back to it, when they come out.

I'm betting they will bring content updates with new modes, etc, so that could be interesting if they follow that trend like GW2 did (and pretty much all other MMORPG's, but that's the one I enjoyed the most), would be interesting to go back and play some GW2. Let me know and I download it again, if anyone wants to join in. I know when I stopped I didn't have endgame stuff, so could be fun to go looting for stuff and find out new quests etc they have added. I pretty much stopped playing due to the fact I graduated college and everyone I played with was part of our Computer Engineering Club. It was mostly used as time killer between classes and after classes in the club room, most moved on to other things after graduating, so it just kind of broke up and I stopped playing.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    I don't think I'd be enjoying it as much if I wasn't playing with people.

I get that your forging the new world in Virginia as you are the first ones out and that people not in the vault in the area are all dead or mutated.

Is it Rosie (the one in the ski place in the main story)? That robot is the bright spot of the story so far, they need more "smart" robots and I think they would have a better story without reading 15,000 pages. Would have been great to if they could have incorporated some "smart" Super Mutants/ghouls. I mean there were some in FO4 that you interacted with, so there should be some in Virginia that still have enough brains left to want to not shoot you on site.

Here's hoping when mods come out that people are able to add in NPC's and more story with some non dead characters, just feels desolate when not playing with actual people.

Funny how leveling/loot was on the bottom of my list in FO:NV and FO4 (unlike Borderlands, which the point is funny lines and loot galore), I needed better weapons to progress the story sometimes, but the story was the lead. And FO4 quest mods extended the story (Fusion City, Vault 1080, Project Valkyrie and more) and I think their story lines were just as good as the game itself.

Now the loot/leveling is the lead in the game. Not sure how much that will hold me into the game for the long term, but mods will probably bring me back to it, when they come out.

I'm betting they will bring content updates with new modes, etc, so that could be interesting if they follow that trend like GW2 did (and pretty much all other MMORPG's, but that's the one I enjoyed the most), would be interesting to go back and play some GW2. Let me know and I download it again, if anyone wants to join in. I know when I stopped I didn't have endgame stuff, so could be fun to go looting for stuff and find out new quests etc they have added. I pretty much stopped playing due to the fact I graduated college and everyone I played with was part of our Computer Engineering Club. It was mostly used as time killer between classes and after classes in the club room, most moved on to other things after graduating, so it just kind of broke up and I stopped playing.
    I agree with you there on having more people with you as you game in that game....I was with Floyd for a bit, and it was really fun. It was lagging as all hell, but still fun to shoot things with him though

Only need 2 more votes for yes...

Still waiting for that free beer (don't I get one for joining?)

Fellow IT Manager here. Was just talking with one of my staff about '76. She said it's very much a beta game but has very huge potential. So I am a Star Trek Online Guy and World of Warships guy. Also used to LOVE Defiance. Do you think I might find '76 an OK game and worthwhile? Especially with this fine cast of characters?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    Only need 2 more votes for yes...

Still waiting for that free beer (don't I get one for joining?)
    Well to clarify, the poll results have no bearing on whether you will be accepted or not as the title says. It is though a fair indicator.

The idea is you give us a beer - as its winter I think a Guinness would go down well.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

If you've been playing with members or catching them in Discord, don't be bashful about asking them to come here and sing your praises. That's the missing link for me, at this point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast