View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: App: JoeB - Fallout 76 (4/0)

I'm really not a fan of someone who flagrantly disregards speed limits; if you are that much of a petrol head go to a track and risk only your own neck. What will you say when/if you crash and hurt someone?

Can't say I have never driven over the speed limit and have the tickets to prove it but equally not sure I'd be telling a metaphorical room full of strangers.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Heya JoeB! You popped in on probably the quietest night on discord since the game came out. Love the Spaceballs reference. Did you grow up or currently live somewhere with wide open areas? Thats what caused my leadfoot. I added you on the Friends List and you play around my time I get on around 8p Mountain Man Time. Next time I see you on we will group up and take out a bunch of stuff.
    Steam: BoomFizzPop | Battle.net: BoomFizzPop#1468 | UPlay: BoomFizz | Origin: BoomFizzPop | BethesdaID: BoomFizzPop

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    I'm really not a fan of someone who flagrantly disregards speed limits; if you are that much of a petrol head go to a track and risk only your own neck. What will you say when/if you crash and hurt someone?
    Speed limits are more for making money than they are for promoting safety. They do both, but it's far more balanced on the making money side than the safety side.
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death_Rictus View Post
    Speed limits are more for making money than they are for promoting safety. They do both, but it's far more balanced on the making money side than the safety side.
    No there is a safety factor, but that isn't how they are used, they are a revenue generating resource and are used as such.

That said, most American drivers lack the driving courtesies that make high speed motoring viable in some other countries where you have serious lane enforcement and some other things. I would really like to see them cracking down on lane enforcement and hands free should be a mandatory thing everywhere, it should also be treated as seriously as DUI/DWI.

---edit---

Hell I'll take a drunk driver over a cell phone user most days, the drunk driver is at least trying to drive properly.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Quote Originally Posted by huntgod View Post
    Hell I'll take a drunk driver over a cell phone user most days, the drunk driver is at least trying to drive properly.
    Studies have shown they are impaired about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Rictus View Post
    Studies have shown they are impaired about the same.

Yup, but, drunk drivers are generally trying, cell phone users clearly don't give a shit about the world around them...I have more sympathy for the drunk guy, he has an excuse for his impaired judgement.

The DUI awareness programs worked, they need to really hammer texting and phone use the same way, the current campaigns just aren't driving that point home.

Also, JoeB this is what happens if you don't visit your app frequently...so app responsibly and don't let people derail :-P

Isn't that what happens when you go get a drink with someone, the conversation generally gets derailed?

But anyways, I've calmed down in "how I speed" and most places in the Bay Area the fast lane speed is moving at 75-80mph. And yes most drivers in California at least don't get the courtesy that you should move over to the right lane if you are not moving with the flow of traffic. And my Mom's father was a mechanic, he taught her about cars, along with one of her sisters racing on dirt tracks. So kind of handed down in my family.

Need to save up some money, but I do want to go and get my karting license at Sonoma Raceway (race track up near San Francisco). Its easy to just say, oh go get your speed kick at a race track, but racing is not a cheap sport.

Hope everyone is having a good Turkey Day, about to head out myself to our family gathering, but should be on later tonight.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Howdy JoeB, glad to see another FO76 person applying! Maybe our first? Second? I dunno, too lazy to go look at time stamps. Welcome though!

So when it comes to minecraft what is your favorite mod or mod pack? How long have you stayed with a particular set? I think for me the longest was about 8 months or so of going in and tinkering with stuff and then leaving for a week or so. Since getting our new pupper I haven't really had the time or inclination to do much gaming as of late though so can't really do that now.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

I haven't played MC in awhile, but that's probably because I was over it as once you fully go through something like the Agrarian Skies 2 Mod, you pretty much have done everything possible mod wise. My friend though just started a MC server with Stoneblock mod, so probably going to join in there. Do you have a normal server you play on? I can invite you to our server also.

Also I do have DDO and GW2, haven't played in awhile, but I could get back into those if I had someone to play with on them.

Got an Avatar up, Diablo SV is the childhood dream car. Probably never have a chance to own one, but that would still be the one to get if I could only ever have a single supercar. More likely though, I probably could save up to grab a Lotus Exige (hopefully one of the cup editions).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast