View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: JoeB - Fallout 76 (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Fallout 76

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    thedei0niz3r

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Speed gets me, just can't help myself on the road. I'm that guy that goes flying by you, when your going the speed limit. Used to get me in trouble when I was younger, but now I'm smart about when/where I do it. I'm sure the Po Po will eventually get me again, but its been probably 5 years, since I've had any tickets.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Coolest: Current job as an IT Manager, every day is different, sometimes out in the field, sometimes working in the office. Always learning something new, its what I enjoy doing anyways, so it doesn't feel like work at least "most of the time".

Worst was being an intern in Software Quality Assurance. Most mind numbing job ever, follow the checkpoints on the sheet until your done. Certainly don't need a BA in Computer Engineering to do that job.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Minecraft as there are just so many different mods, so it can be a new experience each time.

Fallout 4, again mods, love the story telling in the game and the modding community has given us many new stories in FO4.

CS:GO when I just want to run an gun and not really think, some times it just feels good to shoot things.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Sure there are annoying people out there, but I don't really harken on remembering them.

Also I'm very much a diplomat, so if someone annoy's me, I usually just avoid them.

I usually find those people though are the ones who annoy the whole group and usually do not stick around because of it.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Love tinkering with electronics projects and building things. Some times that includes wood working. Built tables, bed frames, etc.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I find most of them want you do to "extra" stuff to just be in the guild. I just want to get on with others and have fun playing the game and have fun chatting/hanging out.

I fully agree that your "guild" mates, should be someone you would want to go have a drink with and hang.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you have voice chat that I could get on and start to get to know others before being approved, maybe even to help get me approved?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A ring that is a light saber... You should know why... May the ... be with you...

Hi JoeB, welcome to the application process! Please make sure to stay active in your application thread, it's a great opportunity for the community at large to get to know you (and for you to get to know us).

Yes, we have a chat. Our community uses both Discord and Mumble. We'd love to have you join us.

What kind of projects have you worked on? Got any pictures?
    I'm a mom, but I'm not your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    A ring that is a light saber... You should know why... May the ... be with you...
    I see your great taste in movies is as big as mine.

And you're spot on with the group here. We're just here to have a good time. I expect as people get more comfortable in FO76 we'll be organizing PvP events, or CAMP building contests, or other PvE "raid" events...but it's always come as you are, have fun. At this point, most of us have enough to deal with in real life, that we look towards games to get away from that sort of responsibility. To me, if I'm stressing out at work because I need to be on time for a raid in a game, I'm playing the wrong game.

We'd also love to chat you up a bit as well, make sure you feel comfortable with the group...hence the app process. We also have a lot of members who play various games, so this is a chat for others in the community you might not be playing with directly to get to know you.

What's you Discord name? I'm ironzerg#1979. If you haven't gotten an invite to the Discord, shoot me a friend request and I'll hook you up with an invite. We have a bunch of chat and voice channels for the various games, including FO76, as well as the Thirsty Troll, which is a great place to just shoot the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Woohoo! I'm a special person now as well! Look out guysl... my penis is gonna be HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Meh. My hair looks dumb and I can't find sheep.

Hey, Joe, where you goin' with that nuke in your hand...

Gwynn and 'Zerg have already said a bit, so let me go into a little more detail about the application. First, we're absolutely a group that wants to have fun first; having the best character in the game and such isn't our focus. As you mentioned, we wanna be able to say, "I'd like to have a beer or 13 with this person." Matter of fact, Ueys have met up multiple times for just such a thing. There's "Ueycon", where a bunch of members get together and party on like Wayne and Garth. I myself have met up with a few Ueys who were either passing through my neck of the woods, or were temporarily living in the area. For some reason, they've all gone away now...

Anyway, as far as the application process, stay involved with the app, try to get into Discord and hang with the folks playing FO76; Ironzerg posted the info a post or two up. Basically, you need four YES votes from yellow-named (or green- or purple-named folks...but it's mainly the yellas doing the work around here) folks to gain acceptance. Three NO votes and...well, you get it. Best of luck, and I look forward to blowing up Snallygasters, super mutants, and griefers with you.

WHen you get a chance, see if you can snag an avatar for the forums. And echoing Gwynn...pictures of projects you've put together (bonus points if you've built some power armor) if ya got 'em!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

Sent you a friend request Ironzerg.

My discord is: TheDeionizer#6353

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    As someone who lost his license TWICE before he turned 18 I too understand that leadfooted desire...of course now I haven't had a ticket in 20+ years, last one was racing home to catch Michael Jordans last game with the Bulls.

Communication in FO76 is a bit of a clusterfuck, I really wonder sometimes what game dev's are thinking when they do shit like excluding text chat...aside from the discrimination issue for the deaf/mute community, many of whom play games, it's just dumb.

Anyway, hope to see you in our discord channel and in game...I am still pretty much just wandering aimlessly hitting things with a machete and wish ing I could find a damn stash box :-)

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

You should get yourself an avatar. We like purdy pictures around here.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hey Joe! welcome to the App process...I see you are applying with Fallout 76...How are you liking the game so far? since it launched. I also have the game as well, I just haven't put that much time into it..I blame Zerg and Floyd =p...I enjoyed what I got out of it from the Beta and since its official launch day as well...If you have any questions or need any help at all, please let one of us know, and we will be happy to help you! and good luck with your App
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

BTW I'm level 15, and usually will be on after 9pm PST, I'm a night owl.

I'll make sure to grab a good Avatar, speaking of Avatar's, any of you watched the web series "The Guild"?

During the week I might be on less, but I'll make up for it on the weekend.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    BTW I'm level 15, and usually will be on after 9pm PST, I'm a night owl.

I'll make sure to grab a good Avatar, speaking of Avatar's, any of you watched the web series "The Guild"?

During the week I might be on less, but I'll make up for it on the weekend.
    Big fan of The Guild...on a similar vein you should check out Harmonquest.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast