View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Strauss - Neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Mr.Strauss@Strauss#3307

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    -

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Naked snowboarding in czech republic

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest: IT-Expert
    worst: to have none!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Skyrim
    Pokemon
    Monster Hunter

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    People from the Internet asking me personal questions ...

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I have my own Squat-Rack in my room, but only up to 170kg plates in total.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I like structures and order. So starting with an web-application is a good starter.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you mind me not answering all the questions? I don't like to answer personal questions.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    He hands me Jack Black, so we fight Demons together with his guitar and vocal skills.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hello Strauss! Welcome to the app process, some yellow named peep should be by soon and let you know how the process works. I see you are joining with Neverwinter, I also have character on there, she is a level 14 Pally...and I also see you like monster hunter world, I have that game as well on PC and I enjoyed my time that I spent in there. What class do you play in Neverwinter? and Why do you enjoy playing it?..If you need any help at all, please let one of us know and we will be happy to help you, and a guild invite should be sent too you soon as well! Good luck with your App
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Hey Silentgurl.

I'm playing a Devoted Cleric in Neverwinter and usually like to play Tanky/Support roles in most games. So far I've been enjoying Neverwinter and had some good laughs, but I'm only lvl 30 so far. If you ever want to play MHWorld together, just pm me.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
    Hey Silentgurl.

I'm playing a Devoted Cleric in Neverwinter and usually like to play Tanky/Support roles in most games. So far I've been enjoying Neverwinter and had some good laughs, but I'm only lvl 30 so far. If you ever want to play MHWorld together, just pm me.
    nice! I'm also a support class in Battlefield and Overwatch..I like also like doing DPS as well if I can...and will do on the monster hunter world, I've been meaning to get back in there !

So, just a heads up, Strauss - the reason why we have the application process to begin with is to get to know the applicant. Make sure we're a good fit for one another. We play a bunch of different games, and kinda of consider ourselves to be a family. If the notion of "people on the internet asking personal questions" is annoying, this may not be the right place for you.

That said, four YES votes from yellow-named folks (Ufficers) are required for acceptance, and three NO votes results in a rejected application. One of our Neverwinter Ufficers will likely pop in this thread eventually to give a more branch-specific rundown of things. Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
    [B]
    People from the Internet asking me personal questions ...

[B]
    Do you mind me not answering all the questions? I don't like to answer personal questions.
    If you are firm about this I will save you some time and let you know that you are probably not going to be a good fit here...not saying there is anything wrong with feeling that way, just that if you do feel that way, you are unlikely to be happy here.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Yeah, they like to have people that are chatty. No one ever asks anything too personal. It's just basic questions that anyone who says they could vouch for you would know. Just curious what part of the application questions did you find too personal?

Make sure you stay active on this until you get approved. If someone replies to you and especially if they ask questions you should make sure you respond in a relatively timely manner. Not saying the same day but within 1-2 is probably acceptable. I made the mistake that once I applied I didn't come back here to check for followup questions. The saving grace was that I was active in the UEY chat so a lot of people knew my name.

and it is down to you how personal you want to be in your answers - but we do need to chat enough and get close enough that we feel you would be a good fit for the group as a whole.

I am going to assume you picked your name in homage to Andrew Strauss which would be a very good start in my book. Maybe you could pick an avatar featuring AJ Strauss?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    and it is down to you how personal you want to be in your answers - but we do need to chat enough and get close enough that we feel you would be a good fit for the group as a whole.

I am going to assume you picked your name in homage to Andrew Strauss which would be a very good start in my book. Maybe you could pick an avatar featuring AJ Strauss?
    Maybe it's after Levi Strauss, in homage to Blue Jeans, Arkle.

If that's true, we should totally see a denim themed avatar.
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 11-12-2018 at 04:09 PM.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    So youre seeing IT Expert as fun times! How long you been doing that? I've found after doing it for a few decades it makes one grumpy due to all teh weird crap and people

Whats your IT horror story thus far?
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast