View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: App: Kimeni - DDO (4/0)

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimeni View Post
    Thanks BattleBovine! I definitely want to encourage anyone that thinks they might like it to read the series. Partly for selfish reasons, the more people I can talk into reading it, the more people I can talk about it with! Fair warning upfront, it might not be like anything else you may have read, it is an epic, with a plethora of characters, multiple story threads, large geographic areas, covering a bunch of time. But there are so many amazing characters. You can't help but love all of them, even the dirtbags. And then there are the moments like when Quick Ben meets Corbal Roach...

Hey Silentgurl! I play a lot of games. Right now (other than DDO) WoW, Destiny 2, Eve, and Elite Dangerous are installed. Recently dove into The Division with a friend, but they burned out. Played that real heavily when it launched.

You excited about Division 2?
    nice! Im curious to see how The Division 2 will play out next year, Im shooter based, so it's up my alley and congrats on getting in!
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Thanks guys! And yeah, the Wheel of Time series was a big frustrating disappointment. Started strong, petered out hard.

I'll be playing Division 2 when it launches, for sure.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Thanks guys! And yeah, the Wheel of Time series was a big frustrating disappointment. Started strong, petered out hard.

Welcome aboard....

Did you finish Wheel of Time, the middle books 6-9 were really meandering, of course that is also when Jordan first got sick, he got it back on track before passing and I thought Brandon Sanderson did an admirable job finishing the series.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

I mean to speak no ill, but by the third book, I felt like I was reading words meant to fill books instead of tell a story. I never did finish it, I did hear that it got better when Sanderson finished it off, but I never worked up the motivation to muscle through the middle.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    I mean to speak no ill, but by the third book, I felt like I was reading words meant to fill books instead of tell a story. I never did finish it, I did hear that it got better when Sanderson finished it off, but I never worked up the motivation to muscle through the middle.
    Whew, yeah if you were tapping out on book three, you'd never have made it through 6-9...

I might try it again sometime, if I am ever out of things to read. I am not a casual or light reader, but it was a couple decades ago that I tried reading it. I still remember some of the settings and scenes from the first book, so I know there was quality there. But after the second book, I only remember being frustrated that it felt like it was rambling, and the third book did me in. And at that time the series had not been picked up and finished by Sanderson yet. Now that it is all out maybe it is time for a second shot.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"

yay! You will probably see me in there for sure...I enjoyed the snow while it lasted in first one =p

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6