View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Kimeni - DDO (4/0)

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimeni View Post
    Hey Silentgurl! My knowledge of the game is super rusty. Did something change that lets monk and barb multiclass? For some reason I thought they were mutually exclusive - if they arn't. Geez, I can imagine all sorts of fun with a build like that!

Oh! So, I had to log in to look at them, but I currently have 4 characters:

Kimeni - Currently a level 9 Rogue, technically my main, but was very early on the path to completionist, and had just finished a paladin life, which very nearly killed me.

Kimeny - On her 4rth life as a monk, currently level 28. Actually my main, because I love monk so much, and have a blast playing the character.

Najai - This is my caster, currently on a wizard life, has been alternating between sorc and wizard, and is building up to be a bard.

Vosna Senkai - Just a fun lowbie alt, level 3. Made it to prove to myself that the paladin life I did on my main was just a terrible build, and that paladins can be fun.

A little about my actual game preference and play style. I am a mild min/maxer, that really likes to orient on team play. I love grouping and playing with others, and building characters that fit into that mold. I'm not opposed to solo builds and speed running things, it's fun, but real joy comes from yucking it up with friends.
    nice! I meant it by, when I TR on my Barb, I might do a monk life on her, just unsure at the moment, and my main which is a warlock, I plan on going Druid for that, I miss having the abilities to do DPS and Support, so I will probably take my time with that life for sure...I also miss it because in Battlefield 5, I am a med in there but I can also shoot people in the face lol haha, so I miss that element for sure
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Monks are pretty strong at the moment despite the recent nerf; Delasom has been playing mostly monk for the past half dozen lives or so; he could probably give you some pointers.

Paladins are fine as a class; soloable or group, depends just whether you like the playstyle.

No, you cant cross class monk and barbarian.

Do you want guild invites for those other alts?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    So which is more problematic, moose wrangling or bear wrangling?

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

If I could get those characters all in, that would be super! I will have to catch Delasom's ear, I was a wish/strength monk, but I made some tweaks with the new falconry tree to get my hit and damage from wisdom. Might be salvageable. Was supposed to be my last life on that character, but I can always do another one to fix it if needed. Or I was poking through my bank and saw I have a +20 heart of wood. But I will look more into that once I get caught back up on the changes that have happened. Catching up on all the missed DDOCast episodes I missed.

As far bears vs moose, bears are like Hezrou. When you run into one, it is a problem, but if you were prepared it is manageable. Moose are like freaking Mephits. There always a dozen between you and where you want to go, but you can't see them until you are on top of them, and then, they aren't dangerous, but you end up wasting a bunch of time dealing with them. And they are really dumb.

I apologize for the arcanery in this analogy, if you are here and don't do dnd/ddo, lol.

Well my father in law helped create alot of things at TSR back in the day and I owned a chain of comic and game shops for 15 years so I know a little about D&D :-)

I was really hoping bears and moose were nicknames for your wife...:-P

Wow, that is cool huntgod! I bet you have some interesting stories from that experience.

Wife grew up being forced to play D&D with Gary as the DM :-) My FiL Allan Hammack worked for them for several years, wrote Boot Hill and his big module was Ghost Towers of Inverness. They moved from Lake Geneva down here to Birmingham in the early 80's and opened a comic and game shop called Lion & Unicorn, which is where I met my wife in 1984. They continued to operate the store until 1990. I had just finished up at Alabama and moved back to Birmingham where I ran into my wife at the stores and got up the nerve to ask her out (had a crush on her since I was 14). We were dating and living together when Allen told me he was closing up the store, I worked out a deal with him to take over and continue to sell his existing stock, splitting the profit as I took it in a different direction.

The business thrived for a while and I had 11 stores at the peak in 1996. Closed the last store in 2005 and moved on to another chapter. Wife and I have been married since 1995 and have two girls, one just finished at Vassar and the other is a junior at Emory.

---edit---

Anyway as a result I have a lot of connections in the gaming community and alot of the old school guys, my stores were a pretty big deal in the 90's.

That is too cool. I have always wanted to open my own bookstore. But Life and opportunity took me in other directions. Contractor to Building Inspector, to now a real estate appraiser.

Can't say I would recommend anyone run any sort of bookstore these days, that type of brick and mortar is pretty damn dead.

Comics are just now getting back to pre-1997 sales levels, but they are still only moving half the units, it's just the cover price is 3x what it was then. Game shops are a little more doable, especially if you can tie it in to something else.

The popularity of marvel in the mainstream has to have been good for comic books.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast