View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Beefier - Playing Neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Playing Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Beefier

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No friends or family in Unrepentant.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Really? Took my beagle out for a hunting trip with some other guys and their dogs. Mine was the only one to find and roll in several cow pies. Seemed very proud of it! Had to wash him in the lake before they would let us back in the truck.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I am a Control Room Operator on an offshore oil rig. Best job I've ever had! Pays well and great people to work with.

My worst job was a stocker in a supermarket. Boooooooooring.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Eve Online: love the graphics, love the character building, and love the setting.

WOW: Got to be the best MMO out there. I do have a problem with it seeming to be a new game every two years when another update comes out.

Neverwinter: Truly enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in this game. There does not seem to be the pressure to push, push, push that WOW has.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    When I first started gaming in 2002, I made a mistake that killed the whole team. One of the players in the group made it plain that I should not be playing at all and made an effort over the next few months to let everyone around me know it whenever he noticed me in the game.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    My wife and I have been foster parents for several years now for medically fragile children. Most of our kids came straight from the hospital to our home, staying until the medical issues were on track and they were adopted. We have adopted three of our own.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Was looking for a home in Neverwinter and played a few random queues with some of your people. They seemed to have it together and did not take temporary setbacks too seriously, if death is a temporary setback. Had a god time with them and thought that it might be a good guild to try to join.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Whew, now I need a beer.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    He hands me a flashlight. I'm not an elf and cannot see in the dark.

Hi there - first an apology that no one has posted anything back to you for 5 days - really not good on our part and I will have words - maybe absquatulate and piacular would fit the bill.

Anyway, welcome to the app process and may I wish you good luck. You'll want to get an avatar and stay active in this thread (more so than us!). We take the app process seriously as it is the one place we get to know you and you can decide if you fit in. You'll need 4 yes votes eventually to be accepted but 3 no votes would see your app declined. The main reason for failure is usually inactivity (by applicants not guildies…). It is worth looking at a few of the recent accepted and rejected apps to get the idea.

I don't play NW myself; hopefully one of their good peeps will be along to introduce themselves and let you know how to make contact in game etc though you will pick that up from other applications.

Ok that's it for the standard intro; now some questions; why do you assume the cave is dark? It doesn't say so, maybe what you need are sunglasses due to the brightness of the luminous mosses? You say now you need a beer - which is of course not a question, we all need a beer. However what would be your beer of choice? If you are not an elf, what are you?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Hey Beef; let me echo Arkle in apologizing for the lack of a response here. Definitely not good practice on our end. Although as a result, I learned a new word today.

Now that I've done the apologizing, lemme get to that app of yours. Mainly the part about being a foster parent. From what I've seen and heard, it takes a special kind of person(s) to be a successful foster parent, and I'd presume doubly so for children with special medical needs. That alone says a good deal about your character. You say you've adopted three children; how many foster kids have you helped get their lives on track over the years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Beef! Welcome to the App Process...I do apologize as well for not stopping by your app yet..but, I see you are joining with Neverwinter, I use to play it back then lol I do have a pally on there and she is a level 14. I enjoyed Neverwinter, when I played it, especially when I was with the Ueys, they are all very helpful and kind except Floyd, you won't see him in there at all =p What class do you play? and why do you like playing that specific class? and if you need any help or anything, please let one of us know and we will happy to help you and Good luck with your App
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    I too, also, as well want to apologize for the lack of responses. Not a good first showing on our part.

As to the foster parent thing. Wow. That has got to be a stressful thing to be doing though it's also amazing on ya'lls part. Not to pry or open bad things, but what was the best situation you saw develop? Have you heard back from any of the fosters over the years? Totally feel free to not answer that one.

What was this mistake that got the team killed and how old (if you know) was the schmuck who kept dogging you around? That's onet hing that I simply do not get. People can take online games waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously and just totally harangue people over small things that ultimately don't matter one whit. This comes from a former DAOC min/maxer. I sucked at it but I still minmaxed my stats heh. We are most certainly not that kinda guild, so long as you don't intentionally cause grief then theres no issue.

Unless your running through NW and learned or tron want to have their fun... They can be mean to newbs. heh
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

i have been looking for this applicant on line and have not seen them yet.
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Firstly, thank you for fostering, I couldn't do that so mad props to you for doing that...

Now...curious how you got into oil rig control room operations and what that is exactly? Do you guys work in quarterly shifts or something? I know you spend time away from home because it isn't like you drive to work...

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Any one seen the beef?
    .......... gotta do it

WHERE'S THE BEEF?!

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Any one seen the beef?
    .......... gotta do it

WHERE'S THE BEEF?!
    Um, you're the beef, dude.

Anyway, Doyler hasn't seen the applicant. It's 100% our fault as Ufficers for not responding to the post in a timely matter, but if there was truly interest, I feel that Beefier would have at least followed up or spoken to a Uey in-game. I feel bad, but I'm going to throw a NO for inactivity.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Hmmm...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast