View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: App: Sir Real - neverwinter, SWL, warframe, path of exile? (4/0)

As for the putting out: if my application didn't make that clear, I'm not getting a lot. So, okay, but I'm sure I'll be just horrible.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Real View Post
    As for the putting out: if my application didn't make that clear, I'm not getting a lot. So, okay, but I'm sure I'll be just horrible.
    So long as you don't look me in the eye we should be good :-P

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

It's not like I have eyes on the back of my head...

This is getting weird, and I like it.

You mentioned David Eddings - I started reading one of his books while I was on a family vacation back in...well, it was a pretty good while ago. Never did finish it; I'll have to get me some Eddings on the Kindle. Any other good stuff you've read or are currently reading? Any authors some might not know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

I read The Belgariad novels back in the 80's maybe early 90's, I remember enjoying them but it was a long time ago. I don't know how well they hold up today as some of the stuff that was new and fresh then is a trope today.

Had a similar issue with Tolkein, I was more of a hard sci fi guy growing up, still am, but when I finally got around to reading the LotR's books it was really dry to me and was not a big fan, reason being, when Tolkein created this world and material there was nothing like it. By the time I got to it, I was already familiar with everything he introduced from other sources.

It's kind of like someone liking Eragon, by Chris Paolini, I am sure that book is pretty cool and trippy if you've never read anything else, but if you have, it's very derivative and meh.

Not saying LotR is derivative or meh, just that if you come to it late, it loses a lot of it's impact...

How the hell did I get here?

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    1. I'm having a remarkable amount of trouble with this one. I know just enough biology to realize that all plants have a place and a use. I guess I'd go with either whatever plant makes burrs or those prickle bush weeds. Just because they're irritating and a bitch and a half to get out of a dog's hair.

2. In the David Eddings series The Mallorean, there was a tree in the jungle country of Nyssia that Polgara the sorceress hated. It had beautiful flowers with a literally enticing smell, lush, ripe looking fruits, moving tendrils, and could paralyze with a touch or kill with a bite of the fruit. It was carnivorous and used these to draw in prey. I'd bring that in because, obviously, killer tree.

I think I'd have to go with algae for one to remove. Just because I sometimes want to be a dick

For one to bring in - I think the Ambrosia fruit tree. and seeds /seedlings are spread everywhere so just about any one can get one. Then we have a world/universe of super powered folks.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Quote Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
    This is getting weird, and I like it.

You mentioned David Eddings - I started reading one of his books while I was on a family vacation back in...well, it was a pretty good while ago. Never did finish it; I'll have to get me some Eddings on the Kindle. Any other good stuff you've read or are currently reading? Any authors some might not know about?
    I've been reading a lot of Monster Hunter International lately at work. I've also enjoyed the Demon Accords series by I think John Conroe. I'm going to admit that that second mention is not really a great series when looking at it as literature, but it's a fun read. My all-time favorite is the Dune series, but only what Frank Herbert wrote. All that crap that his son and that other guy wrote can burn in a fire.

I've been reading a lot of Monster Hunter International lately at work. I've also enjoyed the Demon Accords series by I think John Conroe. I'm going to admit that that second mention is not really a great series when looking at it as literature, but it's a fun read. My all-time favorite is the Dune series, but only what Frank Herbert wrote. All that crap that his son and that other guy wrote can burn in a fire.
    Well that is magical, I read Dune for my first time in 1982 at the ripe age of 12, it immediately became my favorite book, I read the others but they didn't resonate as well with me then. I continues to reread Dune about once a year til I was in my 20's. In my mid 20's I reread the the other 5 books and discovered something amazing, they resonated far more with my older self than my younger self, oddly Chapterhouse, which was my least favorite is now my favorite after the original. I adore and cherish those books and the prize of my book collection is a first edition hardback that was my dads. It really stunned me to find out he had read that, though it didn't really click with him, he wasn't a sci-fi guy, but it was nice to share that experience with him.

Oh and I am gonna give ya your first YES vote.

Quote Originally Posted by huntgod View Post
    Well that is magical, I read Dune for my first time in 1982 at the ripe age of 12, it immediately became my favorite book, I read the others but they didn't resonate as well with me then. I continues to reread Dune about once a year til I was in my 20's. In my mid 20's I reread the the other 5 books and discovered something amazing, they resonated far more with my older self than my younger self, oddly Chapterhouse, which was my least favorite is now my favorite after the original. I adore and cherish those books and the prize of my book collection is a first edition hardback that was my dads. It really stunned me to find out he had read that, though it didn't really click with him, he wasn't a sci-fi guy, but it was nice to share that experience with him.

Oh and I am gonna give ya your first YES vote.
    I love Dune. The first, fifth, and sixth are my favorites and I re-read them all the time. I actually re-read a lot of books.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    nice! Congrats on your first vote
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast