View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Dartagnon80 - Neverwinter Online (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter Online

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Matrim Awasos

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    N/A

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Let me preface this story with I was already three sheets to the wind prior to leaving the hotel that night. Now for the story.

While on leave in Sofia, Bulgaria, I was at a night club. My battle buddy and I were drinking Irish Carbombs and dancing with all the hot European women there. There was one girl that was super attractive and I danced with her several times. However, it wasn't until my last dance with her, when we started kissing on the dance floor, that I felt something poking into my mid thigh. I looked down, and her dick was standing out against her skirt. Now that isn't the most embarrassing part of the story. The more embarrassing part is that her dick was at least 2 inches larger than my own.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Bodyguard for a Saudi Arabian Prince. Lots of partying, girls, and fun.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Super Mario Kart, because every time I play it I remember hanging out with my platoon mates in one of our rooms taking turns racing each other for hours.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, because I absolutely love that game and all the stuff you get to do in it.

Halo, any of them, mainly for the same reason as Super Mario Kart. Because, it reminds me of times playing with my friends, LAN parties in the barracks, and drinking shots of Jaegar whenever we lost.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I got banned from my local Wal-Mart because of one of the most annoying people I had ever met.

I was in the 10 items or less lane with a pack of razors and a 6 pack of Guiness, when a lady who talks way too loudly on her cell phone rolled up with a full cart of groceries and hit me in the ankles with her cart. I didn't say anything, but just gave her a look. I didn't even get upset until when moving up in the line, she hit me in the ankles again with her cart. So I reached down and picked up her full cart in the 10 items or less lane and flipped it backwards into the center isle.

Now my picture hangs in the Loss Prevention video monitoring room with a lifetime ban.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I was in the 82nd Airborne Div. US Army for 5 and half years. I deployed five times, my last deployment was in Iraq from Feb. 2003-Jan 2004. So I got to see the bombing of Asamawah from 900m away. http://www.brooksart.com/Bridgestofreedom.html is the link to James Dietz Bridges to Freedom. Immortalizing my friends and I outside the city taking rounds from Fedeyen fighters hiding in the mill and apartment buildings.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    In looking in the Find a Guild section of Neverwinter, I was intrigued by the little blurb, and the fact that you are a level 20 guild already. So I get the benefits of a maxed out Stronghold and perhaps some cool people to hang out with while playing the game.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    -

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    It's a leash and collar for a pet, the wise old man is a pet shop owner. He wants me to buy one of his pets to assist me inside the cave. He has a great selection, but they are outrageously overpriced. I guess he sees a lot of lone adventurers outside this particular cave, knowing that every little bit helps. And, being the true entrepreneur he is taking advantage of the need.

So Dartagnon80, I don't play NW, I'll let one of those folk fill you in on the branch and how to get involved. However the app process is to join the overall community, some who play NW and some who don't.

In order to be accepted, you need 4 YES votes - which are earned by playing with us, chatting to us and generally being a laid back cool cat. 3 NO votes would see the application declined - most unsuccessful applications are due to inactivity in this thread. We are casual about gaming but do take the application process seriously so stay active. If RL gets in the way and you can't login for more than a few days please say so and we will give you more time. An avatar would also be a good move on your part.

Looks like a solid start to your app, plenty of detail to strike up conversations but I'm not going to start in Bulgaria. Instead Wal-Mart (although I believe there are some similarities with Eastern Europe) - I totally get your actions, I think we probably have all had something similar happen to them. As I'm British though the most reaction I would ever have perpetrated would have been a loud "tut"...think that says more about me than you!

I also like your answer to the cave question - more imaginative than most we get. But I need to know what animal you chose...are we talking real life animals here like a large dog, or something more exotic like a griffin or manticore?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Welcome to the application process. To join us in Neverwinter while your application is pending, you can join our in game chat channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant and request a guild invite. To join the chat channel, type /channel_join uey. Any member can give you an invite. Once in the guild, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so we all know who you are (Hit G, click roster tabs, member comments in right-most column). This makes it easy for the officers to identify everyone and their alt armies. We don't want to work too hard (we'd rather be playing the game), and if we can't readily identify someone, we get out the kicking shoes.

My actions in WalMart had a very adverse effect. Since it is one of two grocery stores in my little town of nowhere, now I have to shop at the more expensive United. Or, I send my Uncle to WalMart for me...lol.

As for what animal I would choose to enter the cave, that is actually a good one. Since I primarily play a healer/buffer with the occasional DPS thrown in, I would probably choose one of the more tanky pets. Something like the Baby Grizzly Bear, if we are talking real life animals only. Or, if when I walk in my imagination can run wild, I think I would take the Baby Hydra or Baby Cerberus, that would be a very tough call to make. Seven headed baby dragon or three headed slobber monster of cuteness.

Got Dartagnon80 hooked up with a guild invite, and he popped into Discord last night.

On that note - what other PnP systems have you played? Any particular favorites? What about favorite edition of D&D?

And you mentioned you'd been in the forces - what branch? Did you travel much? Any favorite postings? Any good stories from your time in the service?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Dart! Welcome to the App Process...The thing that pop out the most too me, was your top 3 games and one of them being Mario Kart. As a child back then, that was one of my favorites as well, I loved the characters they had in it. The racing itself, and when you are with people it can definitely be time consuming but fun at the same time...Any other mario games you enjoyed back then? and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know, and we will be happy to help. Good luck with your App!
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

I've run the full gamut of MMORPGs, WoW vanilla through WotLK, Runes of Magic, Aeon, SWOTR, ESO, and now Neverwinter. I really loved the combat of Aeon and the flight system and ESO, loved the story of it and getting involved with the lore.

D&D 3.5 was my favorite, and I've always been the dwarf cleric who has as much love as smiting the undead as he does throwing back some cold ones in the common room of the inn. I didn't do too much PnP other than D&D and one that my roommate in college had self-developed, which was a more contemporary fantasy involving the typical fantasy class structure, but with modern weapons and tactics.

I was Army, 82nd Airborne, 325th AIR. I was an airborne infantryman, I have 127 jumps to my name most of them below 2000 feet, none of which involved a combat jump like those lucky sobs in Vincenza got. I was deployed 5 times in 5 years, one of which was Iraq in 2003 for the beginning of that engagement. The Marines always claim they were the first ones in country for Iraqi Freedom, but I always ask them if they remember us holding those bridges for them to drive across as they headed to Al'Nasariyah.

I have a ton of good stories to sit around the campfire and reminisce about, but those are for when we get to know each other a little better.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnon80 View Post
    I've run the full gamut of MMORPGs, WoW vanilla through WotLK, Runes of Magic, Aeon, SWOTR, ESO, and now Neverwinter. I really loved the combat of Aeon and the flight system and ESO, loved the story of it and getting involved with the lore.

D&D 3.5 was my favorite, and I've always been the dwarf cleric who has as much love as smiting the undead as he does throwing back some cold ones in the common room of the inn. I didn't do too much PnP other than D&D and one that my roommate in college had self-developed, which was a more contemporary fantasy involving the typical fantasy class structure, but with modern weapons and tactics.

I was Army, 82nd Airborne, 325th AIR. I was an airborne infantryman, I have 127 jumps to my name most of them below 2000 feet, none of which involved a combat jump like those lucky sobs in Vincenza got. I was deployed 5 times in 5 years, one of which was Iraq in 2003 for the beginning of that engagement. The Marines always claim they were the first ones in country for Iraqi Freedom, but I always ask them if they remember us holding those bridges for them to drive across as they headed to Al'Nasariyah.

I have a ton of good stories to sit around the campfire and reminisce about, but those are for when we get to know each other a little better.
    thats really cool!

I nearly decided to play a dwarf cleric for my next life in DDO but then decided that even with all that war hammer training the dps was still going to suck. I went necro instead.

Re walmart, do they actually enforce that ban? Ever been in with a hat and trench coat?

I'd rather not look like a sexual deviant or McGruff the crime dog, than go into WalMart. And yes, about four months after the incident I tried to go in for some groceries, a loss prevention person and one of the managers came up to me in the dairy isle at the back of the store asked me to leave, my cart almost completely full.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast