View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Sinyma - Neverwinter, Possibly others later on (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter, Possibly others later on

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Sinara Eterna

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Not that I know of

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I have an old deployment story for you, Some vulgar language involved, so be fairly warned.

On deployment in Afghanistan, out on patrol, we entered this persons home suspected of having a weapons cache (they most certainly did) this was one of my first patrols, mind you, im pulling security beside their house when it hits me.. I have never had to piss this bad in my life. I get the attention of my team leader, he comes over, I tell him, and he tells me to go over where he was and do it there.

So happy with getting to go relieve myself, I turn and rush that way, not looking where I am going at all.. I stepped straight into a well. before I even realized what happened, all I can see is the ground around me, my team leader staring down at me just says "You would do well to watch where you're going."

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Id say my time in the active army was both the coolest and worst all at once. Definitely cool to get to play with a bunch of different weaponry and meeting all kind of people from different walks of life.

Of course there was also all the bad, being shot at, getting 4 hours of sleep each night, the constant hours of walking carrying your body weight worth of gear.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Final Fantasy 7. Absolutely timeless classic.

Guild Wars 1. The hero system is still my absolute most favorite system in any game I have ever played.

Diablo 2. The endless possibilities with all the fantastic classes makes every time I play it feel brand new.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I dated a girl at a college a few years back, and there was a person that would always come into our friend group to hang out. They absolutely despised me. Every time I would talk about something I found interesting, or respond to someone elses story, she always had to say something negative about whatever it was I said. I had tried on many different occasions to pull her aside and talk to her about this, and every time it seemed like we would get along after, she immediately went back to being terrible to me. Still hear her voice in my head sometimes.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Im arguing with myself over this question, because on one hand I could just say "Hey, I'm a disabled vet!" but you've already heard that. Id say I play DnD every friday, but thats technically another game. So hmm.. Oh! Me and my Fiance have 7 cats! Will post some pictures.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    The biggest issue I have in gaming, is finding someone to actually play with. and communicate with. I feel like with this whole process here, that I would actually have an opportunity to do so, within this group.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    I am very interested to hear about the worst applicant you guys have ever had!

I almost always have a limited time to game during the week, Is there any issue if I am not at end game content anytime soon?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A lute. Music brings out the best in people, and those people can help me along the way.

Dont mind the little dog, that was my exes lol, but he was super cute.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Sinyma! Welcome to the App Process..some yellow name peep should be by your app and explain how the process works...I see you are applying with Neverwinter, and I must say it's a good MMO. I have level 14 Pally on there, but I also game hop alot as well lol I'm usually never on the same game, hahaha...The other game that drew me into your app, was Final Fantasy 7, never played 7 but I did play 13 and I'm still working on Final Fantasy 15 windows edition as well, it has been fun in there! What class do you play in Neverwinter? and what makes it so much fun for you? Also you should be getting a guild invite soon, and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know and good luck with your App!
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Im still torn between two different classes myself. I have a level 51 Hunter Ranger, and a level 34 Trickster Rogue. I have always loved playing a ranged class like archers, but I have also loved playing as a sneaky dagger wielder, So I am more or less still trying to decide my favorite here.

I personally did not enjoy 13 all that much, I gave it several tries but just couldnt get into it, However, I just started up 15 a week or so ago, and it has been rather phenomenal, I didnt expect to like it as much as I do! The story has been fun and interesting, and the banter between the characters if quite wonderful.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyma View Post
    Im still torn between two different classes myself. I have a level 51 Hunter Ranger, and a level 34 Trickster Rogue. I have always loved playing a ranged class like archers, but I have also loved playing as a sneaky dagger wielder, So I am more or less still trying to decide my favorite here.

I personally did not enjoy 13 all that much, I gave it several tries but just couldnt get into it, However, I just started up 15 a week or so ago, and it has been rather phenomenal, I didnt expect to like it as much as I do! The story has been fun and interesting, and the banter between the characters if quite wonderful.
    your characters are much higher level than mine =p...and nice to hear that you are enjoying 15..the story and characters is what really drives it for me as a gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Silentgurl View Post
    your characters are much higher level than mine =p...and nice to hear that you are enjoying 15..the story and characters is what really drives it for me as a gamer
    What would you say your favorite games are?

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Welcome to The Process!!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
    4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

All that being said, get yo'self an avatar. We like seeing what folks choose.

We're a laid back guild and are focused on community as much as gaming. We don't do strict raids or penalize folks for not playing, etc. The main thing we DO take seriously is the app process as we like to keep out the drama. Though SilentGurl snuck in somehow.......... Just keep posting here and get the folks you interact with in game to come comment if you can. Just poke em. Remind em. offer cookies.

We've got folks all over so finding someone to play with isn't often an issue. Someone is always awake it seems. Just post and ask
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

So I failed to look into what other games you guys get up to, Others I would likely be interested in joining into would be Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Lotro, and Guild Wars 2. Most of all, I am very excited to be able to play D3 on the switch, and drag it to work with me haha

Welcome to the application process.

If you haven't done so already, you can join us in Neverwinter while your app is pending by joining our in-game chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a guild invite. You join the chat channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat line.

If you want to see a few of the worst applications we've ever had, some of them are stickied in the "rejected applications" section. My personal favorite is Snipertron (read the whole thread, it's worth it). The Poo Dolphin application is also noteworthy, as it's clear to me that the applicant put some real effort into the application, but it was just awful: a shining example of how not to introduce yourself to a new group of people.

As far as your question about end-game stuff, we really don't care about that whether or not you're at end game or have BiS gear. Neverwinter has made it quite a bit easier for a fresh lvl 70 to gear up to get into some of the epic content. So you should be able to hit some of that stuff with us almost right away after hitting lvl 70. Also, we're part of a 13 guild alliance that is usually pretty active, so you should be able to get groups there too. The other alliance members aren't ueys, but grouping with them should be friendlier than pugging.

I see you're playing both a Rogue and a Hunter and seem like you may be wondering which direction to go. I'm a big advocate of playing what you enjoy. That said, in the next mod, the rogue is getting nerfed to the ground. I'm talking scorched earth. It may make sense to wait on the rogue to see what these changes mean for the class, before putting too much time, effort and resources into it. The HR will still have a role at lvl 70 in the next mod, the Rogue may not, unless you're gonna just PvP with it. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 10-12-2018 at 05:45 AM.

Definitely good things to look into. I used to play ESO, and was excited for summerset to launch, I was maining a Stamina Warden, and didnt bother to look at patch notes.. My brand new max level toon was completely worthless.

I kept playing around with a bunch of different characters, and so far I have settled into the Warlock, Ill have to look up whats coming with the next mod to see how its going to do.

I will definitely be reading those at work tomorrow =) I end up with a lot of downtime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast