View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 100.00%

Thread: App: blackthantos - neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    akeel3

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    n

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I was throwing a kick one time in class and my pants ripped out in mid kick, so there I was with this immense rip up my back side and trying to maintain a sense of dignity!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I once worked at a newspaper company it was cool because we were able to see the stages and preparations that were part of the process of producing a daily newspaper.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    star wars knights of the old republic, Mass effect series, neverwinter nights: for all three the story and the genres.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I knew a guy once that had the most irritatingly smug look on his face that would sit there perpetually

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I used to teach martial arts (years ago)

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I like the laid back style (and presentation) thereof presented on the website and in game.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    actually none at this time

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A pointy stick, because with said stick, one can draw a map, cook food as needed, poke a menacing creature in the eye.

Welcome to The Process, BlackThantos! It's pretty simple - we're going to sit around here and chat, and get to know each other - kinda like a first date, but without someone sneaking out the back halfway through (or does that just happen to me?). Eventually, people with yellow, green, or purple names will start casting votes. 4 YES votes = you're in. 3 NO votes, and we go our separate ways. We're more interested in having someone we enjoy being around game with us, than the uber-1337ness of your character, but you probably already knew that.

That being said, it's important to stay active and posting here, so check back on a regular basis. If you're going to be away for any length of time, let us know, and we can put this on hold. And don't feel bad about pushing people in-game to come comment on your app, too. People with red names don't get official votes, but their opinions are heeded by those of us who can.

Oh - and youshould join us in our super-secret chat channel in-game. Just type '\channel_join Uey' and drop us a line, and we'll get you set up with a guild invite so you can hang out with us there.

So, with that out of the way, let's get this inquisition underway! What kind of martial arts did you teach? Why / how did you get into that particular one? Have you taken up any other martial arts? Still sticking with it? And the ripped pants - was that in a martial arts class, or just a regular high school / university classroom setting?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Sticks! How many sticks have you sharpened in your life? That is the question any one must answer in order to know what their station in life and the next will be.....

Also - Good choice on Neverwinter Nights series. those are some great games. What drew you to them?

[edit]
    Also also - get thineself an avatar! We like looking at pretty pictures and seeing what folk choose. It tends to be interesting more often than not.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Howdy blackthantos. Not a whole lot in your app there, so I'd recommend that you post a bit more to get this ball rolling (I'll link my own app as a humble example). Like Tron-tonian already touched on and as battlebovine has posted in other applications:

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Think of this as a first date type of thing.
    Basically, that means please ask us some questions, and give us enough information so that we can ask some of you. Ice-breakers, if you will. Tron-tonian stated it very succinctly with:

Quote Originally Posted by Tron-tonian View Post
    We're more interested in having someone we enjoy being around game with us, than the uber-1337ness of your character...

P.S. In the spirit of full disclosure (and if I'm just being completely honest with myself), my cats *may* have carried my application a bit...
    Last edited by Meat Popsicle; 10-07-2018 at 02:11 AM.
    Uey words of...um..."wisdom"...or something...

Pfloyd - 2018-06-15
    "I'll fill YOUR channel, @Zitesh .
    With ice cream and love."

Meat Popsicle - Right Now
    "To all applicants: Interact with us!
    The more you give us, the more we'll give you!
    The less you give us...well..
    ."

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Drive by?

NO, ​driveby.

Only visited once, so gonna have to drop in a NO for inactivity.

nope
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.