View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Donatien - Primarily DDO. Potentially LoL or Minecraft (5/0)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentgurl View Post
    Hi Donatien! Welcome to the App process..I see battle and Arkle have already ran you on how we do things...I see you are into alot of other games, than just Neverwinter and DDO...I'm also a game hopper myself..I play Overwatch, Cod, The Division, Resident Evil, Bioshock etc...I won't always be in the same game lol I am on my 2nd life as a warlock and just hit 30, but I also have a Barb, and she is level 14 as well...What is it about DDO, that you enjoyed so much about it? and what has been your favorite class thus far? Good luck with your App and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know
    The main thing about DDO was just the crazy amount of flexibility. It was definitely unique for an MMO-style game. I love that people could also complete challenges that would be impossible if the game were just a DPS/Gear check. And the uniqueness of the quests was a huge draw. There's a lot of just great flavor and storytelling throughout the game.

I'm enjoying warlock these days. My old go-tos were Wizard and Favored Soul. I'm still figuring out warlock and I've never had a high level one, so that's most likely going to be my focus for a while.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    The main thing about DDO was just the crazy amount of flexibility. It was definitely unique for an MMO-style game. I love that people could also complete challenges that would be impossible if the game were just a DPS/Gear check. And the uniqueness of the quests was a huge draw. There's a lot of just great flavor and storytelling throughout the game.

I'm enjoying warlock these days. My old go-tos were Wizard and Favored Soul. I'm still figuring out warlock and I've never had a high level one, so that's most likely going to be my focus for a while.
    Nice! I plan on going Druid when I TR after the Warlock life is done..Im wanting to do DPS and Support in my character, this time around...I was tempted to do favored soul, as well....Hopefully we will see you in game soon!
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Invite posted.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Yeah, I've wanted to get more into DDO, but I don't know if it's worth it at this point. I get my D&D fix from Neverwinter, which is a bit of a different duck when compared to DDO. And gods, the character options to be chosen.... so overwhelming for a new player.
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Hey Tron...we could talk you through it, start with something simple like a sorc, or a melee...pick a build off the forums...good to go...

We ran a few quests with Don yesterday, good times I think and all went very smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron-tonian View Post
    Yeah, I've wanted to get more into DDO, but I don't know if it's worth it at this point. I get my D&D fix from Neverwinter, which is a bit of a different duck when compared to DDO. And gods, the character options to be chosen.... so overwhelming for a new player.
    I agree that it can seem daunting, but there are quite a few resources available - between the forums and people here, the official DDO forums, the DDO community on sub reddit. I'm returning after a couple years off myself, so I'm mostly following a forum build until I get back into the swing of things. My initial perception is that the game has become a LOT more solo and small-group friendly than it used to be.

So I see you have Minecraft listed as a possible game to play. We have rotating Modded builds that are played and a Vanilla server that has been up for a few years. Are you more of a builder, explorer, or just like to dig stuff up?
    "You don't want to eat me...I'm full of scotch, bitterness, and impure thoughts!"

Quote Originally Posted by Menaleus View Post
    So I see you have Minecraft listed as a possible game to play. We have rotating Modded builds that are played and a Vanilla server that has been up for a few years. Are you more of a builder, explorer, or just like to dig stuff up?
    That sounds really cool. Minecraft is more of a sporadic game for me, but I like the rotating modded builds idea. The last time I played, I was running the Direwolf20 modpack. I haven't played vanilla in years.

I'd say I'm a mix of digging stuff up/explorer. I like just collecting and harvesting as many resources as humanly possible. And I have the spatial awareness of a potato, so nothing I build ever looks nice.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Direwolfs packs are always pretty snazzy. We had a guy who would run a similar pack but not sure if dmil still has his server up or not. It's been a while since I poked around in MC with guildies. I think our current 'official' pack is sevtech. I'm not on the whitelist but its a bloody great pack if you are tired of just having EVERYTHING ready and available at your finger tips. The progression through the thing is amazeballs.

Glad to see you are sticking with it! You'd be surprised how many folks fill out th eapp and then just stop showing up. ::shrug::

Within the modpacks, what is your favorite style of mod or individual mod itself? For me its two mods that I just adore. First and foremost is EnderIO. That mod is just so well done and fun to advance through that it's silly. The other is Endergenic Generators from the rfTools mod.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

I had been looking at Sevtech as a likely modpack to play the next time I end up with a minecraft craving. I usually gravitate toward the everything and the kitchen sink modpacks, but I was really interested in the progression concept.

I agree on EnderIO. It has so much variety in terms of power gen, and I really like the way item/fluid/energy conduits work and the way they look. My favorite modpacks overall have been Mystcraft and RFTools Dimensions. I could spend hours just letting randomness build a new dimension and going off to explore what kind of crazy world it built. I also generally like having some kind of teleporting ability so that I can go all over the place without worrying about not being able to find my way back or get back to my base easily.
    Last edited by Donatien; 10-04-2018 at 05:25 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast