View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Donatien - Primarily DDO. Potentially LoL or Minecraft (5/0)

Hybrid View

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Primarily DDO. Potentially LoL or Minecraft

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Elizabetray

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    N/A

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    This answer could probably be a story of my entire adulthood. But one persistent theme is how incredibly bad I am at finding my way around in the world. Without GPS, I'm a mess. And the best manifestation of this was when I was on my way home from work and stopped in a store to pick something up (mind you, I'd lived in this area for 2 years at this point). I got turned around going back outside and walked a few blocks in the wrong direction. Basically in my own neighborhood.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Definitely the job I have now. I'm a marketing writer with an agency that works exclusively with online degree programs. So many reasons it's cool. I get to work with some of the best universities in the country and talk with faculty from all kinds of different disciplines. Last week, I was interviewing engineering faculty to launch marketing for a couple new online master's programs, and we talked about everything from their work in fabricating diamonds to what was going on in autonomous vehicles. It's also just the absolute best environment I've worked in. Supportive coworkers, and mentor-style boss. And our CEO is a very kind person.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Neverwinter Nights 2. That was one of the first games I went full completionist in - played every class and tried out every permutation of dialogue I possibly could. And it was fun to have that much mastery over a game.

No Man's Sky. I don't know that it can be completed in the traditional sense, but it's a game I've put a lot of hours into. And I still come back to it. It's relaxing in a way, just being able to wander around and explore. And I love having a gaming option that's so free form.

Dishonored. I should preface this by saying I am extremely terrible at stealth games. But the Dishonored franchise has the perfect mix of stealth and magic for me. And I still like trying to pull off really crazy executions.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    It takes a lot to really get under my skin and annoy me. In recent memory, there was a guy that attended a friend's party, and a few of us found out later he had been talking negatively about "how much we were drinking" with his girlfriend who also attended. And that comment was just really annoying to me - no one was extremely drunk and everyone was still in control of themselves, so it felt really weird to be judged in that way.

If people aren't majorly negatively impacting anyone else, I don't really care what they do, so maybe it was just shocking to see someone who seemed to have such an issue.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I've been with my wife 14 years (we started dating when were 17). We're also open and polyamorous. It's not something I plaster all over the place, but it is a pretty big part of my life, especially with involvement in the poly community in Chicago.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    When I first started playing DDO, I ended up in one of those super 1337 power gaming guilds. I definitely don't miss that aspect of it, but what I do miss is the community part. Building online communities is really hard, but when it works, there's absolutely something awesome about it.

So, the short answer... I feel strongly about the vision, and I want to connect with people I can mess around with, even if we're not all playing the same game all the time.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    More a personality question than a guild-wide question, so anyone who wants to answer.

What are some of the experiences you've had where you were happiest?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Coffee. I'm pretty useless without caffeine. I use to drink a ridiculous amount of pepsi, but I opted for the less sugar option as an adult.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Welcome, donatien to The Process!
    Im on mobile so I won't give the entire shpiel. In a nut shell 4 yes votes get you in and 3 see you on your way with best wishes.

I like the app so far, you put a lot of thought into it clearly.

Grats on 14 years! That is a great accomplishment in any situation. Too many folks get hitched and not realize the implications. My wife and I are hitting our third full year on 10/4 after being together for 7. Keep things talkin is key it seems.

As for your games, yessssss on neverwinter. Its a great game series and play style. I wish they'd do another in the series with xpacs.

Hope to see you staying active! Keep an eye on the forum ,it doesn't always update you when posts get to the second page.

As to happiest.. hm, probably my wife and i's trip to the grand canyon. So many amazing sights and sounds out there.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Welcome, donatien to The Process!
    Im on mobile so I won't give the entire shpiel. In a nut shell 4 yes votes get you in and 3 see you on your way with best wishes.

I like the app so far, you put a lot of thought into it clearly.

Grats on 14 years! That is a great accomplishment in any situation. Too many folks get hitched and not realize the implications. My wife and I are hitting our third full year on 10/4 after being together for 7. Keep things talkin is key it seems. .
    Yeah. I've been wandering around the forums and things, and I think I get the gist of it. I appreciate the more personality type of questions in the app process. Certainly keeping an eye on the app thread.

And congrats to you as well. Honestly, compatibility and relationships are complicated and spending several years with someone isn't an easy thing to do. I'll stop before I sound like a cliche, but definitely congrats.

Agreed on Neverwinter. I will say that a few games have gotten close to giving me that old sense of wanting to explore every nook and cranny - Tyranny, Divinity: Original Sin and similar games along those lines - but not quite to the extent that Neverwinter did.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Have you tried dragon age origins? That one gave the best feeling like nwn. Its annoying they dorked up the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Have you tried dragon age origins? That one gave the best feeling like nwn. Its annoying they dorked up the last two.
    I loved the first one, and I did play the others. I also saw that there's a Pathfinder RPG game out that I'm definitely going to look into....I played a lot of tabletop D&D and still have a group going, so games based on Pathfinder, 3e and 3.5e always have a special place in my heart.

Hi there.

Great to see an app with some meat on it that we can get our community teeth in to.

The DDO branch has been running for many years but remains active; there are folks on every day at different times. Most of us are on various types of TR cycles with deifferent levelling groups and static groups. You will find a warm welcome. We mostly use mumble in DDO to communnicate. Any in game officer should be able to let you have the login details.

Hit up one of the officers for a guild invite or post the names here (Elizabetry?) and I'll send an invite via the post.

I loved Chicago - I went there with my gf (now my wife) on a 2 day stop over to Portland. The architecture is amazing - good times.

Hope to see you in game soon.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    Hi there.

Great to see an app with some meat on it that we can get our community teeth in to.

The DDO branch has been running for many years but remains active; there are folks on every day at different times. Most of us are on various types of TR cycles with deifferent levelling groups and static groups. You will find a warm welcome. We mostly use mumble in DDO to communnicate. Any in game officer should be able to let you have the login details.

Hit up one of the officers for a guild invite or post the names here (Elizabetry?) and I'll send an invite via the post.

I loved Chicago - I went there with my gf (now my wife) on a 2 day stop over to Portland. The architecture is amazing - good times.

Hope to see you in game soon.
    That's great to hear. I'm just returning after a couple years (went through some real-life stuff like moving/new job/etc.); now that I'm settled, I'm looking forward to getting involved in DDO again. I often go through phases where I'll spend a lot of time at the level cap and doing stuff there for a few months, then I'll go through a series of reincarnations or something like that. I'll usually be playing in afternoon-evenings (central time) and weekends. If you can send an invite via the post, Elizabetray is the character I'm playing the most.

I loved Chicago from day one. My wife and I moved here in 2009...she got accepted into UIC for grad school, and I jumped into freelance writing. It was a bit of a leap of faith because no-name freelancers and grad students aren't known for making decent money. But it worked out. I'm definitely a spoiled city boy. I grew up in small town and more rural places, and they never felt like home.

I'll be on it after work and dinner so about 3-4 hours time unless some other officer beats me to it. Apologies I mis-spelled his/her/it's name in the previous post - names are important!

Any reason you chose that name?

Oh and you can have multiple provisional invites if you want - same deal with hitting an officer in game or posting in here.

We have a mixture; some stay at cap for a while, probably more of us hit the TR train. With the epic content though it is still much easier to get a group together.

The name is an old one I've used since developing a fascination with Elizabet Bathory. And because one of my longest-running D&D characters was named Joseph Rayne, I've always made her surname Rayne. So when I have to get around duplicate names, I'll go with Elizabetr/Elizabetray/etc.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Donatien! Welcome to the App process..I see battle and Arkle have already ran you on how we do things...I see you are into alot of other games, than just Neverwinter and DDO...I'm also a game hopper myself..I play Overwatch, Cod, The Division, Resident Evil, Bioshock etc...I won't always be in the same game lol I am on my 2nd life as a warlock and just hit 30, but I also have a Barb, and she is level 14 as well...What is it about DDO, that you enjoyed so much about it? and what has been your favorite class thus far? Good luck with your App and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast