View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: App: Tiburon - Neverwinter (0/3)

I find it funny that people default to the scottish accent when concerning dwarves. In my game Mountain dwarves have a scottish accent but Hill dwarves are Canadian and Duergar are swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    I find it funny that people default to the scottish accent when concerning dwarves. In my game Mountain dwarves have a scottish accent but Hill dwarves are Canadian and Duergar are swedish.
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly, Mountain Dwarves are mad, drunken warriors that you can barely understand, Hill Dwarves are unnaturally nice, and Duergar have amazing free health care and very high quality of life?

Last edited by Meat Popsicle; 10-06-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    Uey words of...um..."wisdom"...or something...

Pfloyd - 2018-06-15
    "I'll fill YOUR channel, @Zitesh .
    With ice cream and love."

Pfloyd - 2019-03-23
    "Inhuman dookie cannon. That's goddamn fantastic."

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    oh dear god.... the audio books of the Dritzzt adventures would be so much more amazing if the duegar had swedish accents. geebus. Thank you for that!

How goes the things and stuff and what nottles? Got any new tv shows your watching or anything old thats come back to focus? Anime? Movies?
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Things are good, recently interviewed for a new position at work. I don't have cable so my TV show watching is really behind. The last series i watched was the Good Place, which I find really interesting and funny. I just saw Ant Man and Wasp which I loved , I am hoping to go see A Star is Born this friday. I watch anime I am just really all over the place when it comes down to it. I am currently watching Overlord and Cells at Work. I need to start season 2 of My Hero Academia and catch up on that.

Speaking of old stuff Netflix just put a shit ton of Monty Python stuff on to their site so I have been binging the shit out of that.

Hey Tiburon and welcome to the process.

I myself am a long term TTRPG inmate. currently have a Star Wars Force and Destiny game on the go and a World war Cthulu. I am looking at running a 5e D&D precon after the SW one is finished. i also play a lot but my 2 groups jump around a lot, our mo is 6 weeks change system/GM and come back around later.

i have just lost an AWSOME Pala in our TT Ravenloft game, Kaylea was a caharacter i got so into and drew the other players into that when she was kidnapped by Straad our player group was visabliy upset. As the GM asked us to make multiple Chars at the start though she has 2 sisters. She sent the sisters letters asking for help not long after we arrived in Barovia and so when the game restarts (about 6 months) her Old one chainlock sister will appear with her Gazer familliar. the two are like chalk and cheese personality wise so this will be fun. I can see Kaylea will probably be returning later as a boss knowing our GM.

Tell us more about the current campaign your GMing?

Do you have a good Scottish accent?

My wife is Scottish but our kids have terrible faux accents when they try to imitate hers.

Myself I think i can do it okay but I'm much better at scouse, geordie and brummie.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

oh nooo, I try I really do I kind of drop into variations on James Doohan's accent. I will say a few sentences in an accent to let my players know what they sound like and then answer in a normal voice.

I do a better snobby posh british accent, think like every cliche aristocrat ever and that is the one I use for villains i really want my players to hate.

I do a better snobby posh british accent, think like every cliche aristocrat ever and that is the one I use for villains i really want my players to hate.
    Hey I'm having a bad day...
    Last edited by arkle; 10-18-2018 at 07:57 AM.

We Canadians don't have accents!

A friend of mine ran a campaign where the Dwarves had Russian accents.
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Its been a day or three since any replies here. You still around, Tibby McTibberstons? I was liking all the replies and banter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast