View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Tiburon - Neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Tiburon Norix'ious

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    When i was in the Navy I had a few days of liberty in Thailand, me and my friends decided to stay up all night drinking. We eventually found ourselves in a Thai version of a drag bar and i ended up signing "Lady Marmalade" on stage wearing a feathered headdress and three other "ladies".

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    United States Navy Machinist Mates.

Working with steam is just cool imo.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, Kirby's Dreamland, and Starcraft 2 campaign

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    His last name was long, he was from West Virginia and what a habitual liar.

If you told a story he would make up one that would "one -up" yours.

My "favorite" is how a Apache helo landed on a road in the middle of nowhere to give his dad a six pack.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I have jumped off the Stratosphere in Las Vegas, been to a few other countries nothing real special.

https://youtu.be/HW0p0aFj7nw

not related to video games I am an avid tabletop game and currently DM a 5E dungeons and dragons campaign.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    You were recommended by reddit.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    -

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A deck of many things, because they are just fun.

hello and welcome to the application process...somebody more prepared than me will be thru with a copy pasted thing that give you the run-down on the application process!

in general the more feedback you give us, the better your app will do!

The name Tiburon makes me wonder if you ever had a Hyundai sports car,(i'm a bit of a car person) You seam to have different game interests than me, but should;d line up with plenty of people within the community, and the Neverwinter people are fun people to hang out with!

Error 1313: Signature not found. Please insert witty comment and/or funny picture.

Cool! This isn't my first rodeo in applying to guilds so I understand!

Fun fact about the name, it was a name of a Warlock I played in an online DnD session. I found out it means shark in Spanish and was a Hyundai car the same day!

I chose the name by starting with a "base" of Tiberius, I was just gonna use Tiber, then I went with Tibur, and then I wanted to add a bit of "fantasy flair" so I stuck the "on" on the end of that. I chose the last name for the character by just rolling on a random table in the PHB and sticking an apostrophe in it.

I look forward to hangin out and chatting.

got tiburon a guild invite this evening he hopped right in and was helping out great start
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Welcome to The Process, tiburon!!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
    4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

Tiburon reminds of Oberon which reminds me of Gargoyles which leads to Jonathan Frakes as the voice actor for one of the main 'bad guys' from the series. Good memories

Any particular animated show that has a spot full of warm fuzzies from your childhood?
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

I knew a Tiburon in warhammer online, would'nt happen to be the same ambulance driving alchoholic would it?
    Proud owner of several Fat Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post

Tiburon reminds of Oberon which reminds me of Gargoyles which leads to Jonathan Frakes as the voice actor for one of the main 'bad guys' from the series. Good memories

Any particular animated show that has a spot full of warm fuzzies from your childhood?
    Ivor the Engine?

High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Thanks for the rundown I look forward to talking with y'all. I work during the week and usually only play a tiny bit or hop on STO to complete a daily thing(if they are running something). I am super casual gamer so some days I don't even play.

I also have a terrible memory and can forget to reply to posts so there is that.

Dude Gargoyles was my shit back in the day, even had that board game that went with the tape you put in a VCR.

I watched a shit ton of cartoons to even really name a single one. Animaniacs,Freakazoid,TMNT,Ducktales,Tailspin,GI JOE, Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers, the list goes on.

I would have to say the warmest and fuzziest wasn't even animated but my Parents had them all on video was The Muppet Show.

I knew a Tiburon in warhammer online, would'nt happen to be the same ambulance driving alchoholic would it?

Nope, I don't have the balls to drive or do what those people do. Hell I just got done playing Space Marine after I snagged it for free from humble bundle. Dope game and I read a bit into the W4K lore and holy hell is there some weird shit there.

I have a question for y'all now

Have any of you played real life Dungeons and Dragons? If so what edition and what class?
    Last edited by Tiburon; 09-18-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: added shit.

Just checking, but yes i have played d'n'd. Unfortunatly I have really only dm'd. started in 2nd edition and went 3 and 3.5. 4th edition is just a bastard child that should never have been. I am curious about 5th. The couple times i did play as a pc it was cleric and bard. Cleric was pretty cool and very versatile but i prefered the bard. Most likely the most versatile class in the game and if you get stuck in the Jack of all Trades and Master of None you are really doing it wrong. Feat greatsword and grab haste,anbulls strength for spells then use a bard song of your flavor and its a pretty sick combat class not to mention the skills.

On another note, how long did you spend in the navy. been in 16 so far as an AME. What ship(s) were you on? Ports?

I currently DM a 5E group and I love it, Bards are my favorite class followed closely by Sorcerer/Warlocks.

I was in for 7 years as a MM(main space pit snipe), USS Juneau LPD-10 was my first ship 40 year old gal, kept her alive with duct tape and primer it seemed. I went IA to Iraq for a year, and then ended on the USS Essex LHD-2. Was based in Japan both times and loved it. I got out because the Navy was drawing down and they wanted me to either cross rate to SK or leave.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast