View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Puleaze - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Puleaze

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    I don't have friends or family in Unrepentant

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Well, let's see. I'm proficient and walking into doorjambs, I have a severe, terminal case of foot-in-mouth disease (so I listen a lot and talk only when prompted).

I reached question number 5 and had no idea how to link a video or picture to the application :P.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I was the business manager of a Veterinary Hospital, it was cool because I like animals and people that like animals.

I wouldn't say that any job I've had has been necessarily bad.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    World of Warcraft-it was my first MMO, Myst-it was my first immersion game and Neverwinter-because it's new to me and fun

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I provided internet technical support for a call center. One day a lady called me and explained that she needed us to remove her modem from the house because her doctor had told her it was disturbing her sleep. I explained that if we removed the modem, she wouldn't have internet. She then told me that was unacceptable because her doctor was on the internet and she needed to be able to contact him.

I personally think good old Doc was trying to get the lady out of his hair and she ended up in mine.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I work from home providing internet tech support. I have a 76-year-old mother with dementia that lives with me. I care for her during the day and work at night (while she sleeps).

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I looked at a lot of the guilds. I was searching for one that seemed active and knowledgeable. I've been gaming for a long time, but have only been on Neverwinter for a few months. Unrepentant seemed to have active members on often and your description in-game was mature and well thought out.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    What games besides Neverwinter do your members play?

Do you use Discord?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A pet rock - so I'm not alone.

Welcome to the application process, Puleaze.

We got a chance to talk and hang out last night, and probably answered a few of your questions there, but let's do it here as well.

Unrepentant plays many games, not all of which are listed on our website. If you play games on Steam or another popular platform, that can be a great way of connecting with other Ueys who play the same games. Another great tool for that is discord (which you asked if we use, and many of us do). Discord has a neat feature which can show what games people are actively playing, as well as their new activity feed, which allows me to stalk which games my fellow Ueys are playing :P

It's great to hear that you're interested in other games rather than just Neverwinter, as it indicates that you've taken the time to learn a bit about our community, and know that we are more than just a guild in Neverwinter.

So now on to the technical details of how our application process works.

Please stay as active in your application as possible. The more active you are here, the better we can get to know you and determine if you are a good fit for us, and we are a good fit for you. It's important to us that you are a good fit for our community, and not just our Neverwinter branch. Your application thread will allow members outside the branch to interact with and get to know you.

You'll need 4 yes votes, or 3 no votes to make that determination. People with Yellow, Green, and Purple forum names are able to cast official votes (though Yellow "Ufficers" tend to do most of the voting). While not able to cast official votes, the feedback from Red named "Members" is highly valued by voting leadership, so you're encouraged to remind them that you are an applicant, and get them to visit your application thread.

And since I'm the first one posting to your thread, I'm going to cut everyone else off at the pass and ask that you pick an avatar for your forum account. It's much easier to put a name to a "face", so pick something that reflects your personality best.

Now on to the question portion of my post :P

You love animals, do you currently have any pets? If so, what kind? If you could have any animal companion, regardless of practicality, what would it be and why?

What got you into playing Neverwinter? Where did you first hear of it?
    Last edited by Gwynn; 09-02-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    I'm a mom, but I'm not your mom.

I do have pets. I have two dogs, Thomas and Whiskey

and my mom has one, Maxine. I have 1 cat that HATES dogs (she likes to stay outside). And I have a koi pond.

All of the koi are named after 60's to 70's rock bands.

https://youtu.be/PsFacxoUDtQ

ACDC and CCR are the two most aggressive koi. Led Zepplin waits until they scatter the food then goes in like a vacuum.

Animal companion. Good question - probably a dragon, as a CW main, I'm always looking for someone or something to pull threat back after I rip it from whomever. A fire-breathing dragon would prolly get the job done.

I have friends that play Overwatch with me and they recommended NW. I have played World of Warcraft since about two weeks before BC dropped. Sadly, it's not as much fun as it used to be. Other MMOs that I've played and enjoyed: SWTOR, ESO, LOTRO, D3, Wizard101 (when my grandkids are in town).
    Last edited by Puleaze; 09-05-2018 at 11:30 PM. Reason: I decided I hadn't fully answered all of Gwynn's questions.

Please has been super active in game and in discord seems to be fitting right in

Thanks for the recommendation Doyler. My internet connection has been abysmal today. I really only did a bit of daily grinding and a couple of newbie dungeons. Too frustrating for anything more.

We like pictures around here. You should get yourself an avatar.

Lost as usual, I have come back three or four times and cannot figure out HOW to change my avatar.

I found it! Not once but twice, I'm so proud of myself :P.

Been in Discord with Puleaze a bit. Everything good so far.

Ok, so, I'm a bit confused - you take care of your mom during the day, work while she sleeps, game (obviously) - all well and good.

But WhenTF do *you* sleep?!? Are you actually a bored member of the undead, wandering amongst us?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast